PDA

View Full Version : This will completely piss you off as a Bills fan

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
This Pats fan says if the Giants win he will never watch football again. You have got to be kidding me, have Pats fan become this spoiled?

Done watching football forever. The perfect season they ended, and now, if they beat the Pats again, football and me are no longer going to see each other. Seriously. We're through.

Read more: http://spawnforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sports&action=display&thread=4559#ixzz1kbeXg72W

BLeonard
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Doesn't shock me... I was actually just posting a related article in the NFL Zone: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=209349

Combine that with the fact that Peyton's little brother is on the opposing team and Colts fans, for the most part, hate the Patriots and the fans will certainly be on the Giants' side in Super Bowl XLVI.

-Bill

trapezeus
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
wow, so if the giants win the super bowl, pats fans are just going to go back to being pats fans before 2001? That's their big threat?

wankers.

JCBills
01-26-2012, 04:52 PM
What a shocker, considering none of them even existed during the 90s.

SABURZFAN
01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
look on the bright side... if the Pats lose, it's just one less A-hole football fans have to deal with.

better days
01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
GREAT. I hope he is a season ticket holder & there are many more like him.

G Wolly
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Just like spoiled children who ***** when they don't get their way and threaten to hold their breath until they get what they want.

And just like those same kids, unfortunately they'll regain consciousness.

Goobylal
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Maybe they're finally starting to realize that the only reason they won 3 SB's is because of cheating? Whodathunk they had that much sense?

YardRat
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
**** him and his football team.

TigerJ
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
I hope every Bills fan is rooting for the Giants in this Super Bowl.

G Wolly
01-26-2012, 06:03 PM
I hope every Bills fan is rooting for the Giants in this Super Bowl.

You don't find this statement even the least bit ironic?

Oaf
01-26-2012, 06:12 PM
look on the bright side... if the Pats lose, it's just one less A-hole football fans have to deal with.
With you around, who needs Pats fans

TigerJ
01-26-2012, 08:25 PM
You don't find this statement even the least bit ironic?

It's true, I remember Scot Norwood and "wide right" like it was yesterday. I presume that's what you're talking about. Still my distaste for New England and New England fans trumps anything I feel toward the Giants.

imbondz
01-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I actually have grown to like the Giants over the years. Always been a fan of Coughlin

NOT THE DUDE...
01-26-2012, 09:04 PM
im actually going to go in a different direction with this. im not so sure this parity thing is working really well. same teams every year, giants, pats, steelers, packers, maybe a different team here and there.

i think teams that finish in the bottom 5 in record should receive 2 1sts, and 2 2nds, and teams picking 6-10 should get a extra 1st at the bottom of rd 1...

so the colts would get the top pick, the 33rd pick, the top pick in the 2nd, and the last pick in the 2nd.

so 4 picks in the first 2 rounds.

the bills should get another 1st at the end of the 1st rd.

just an idea...

BertSquirtgum
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
All Pats fans have vaginas.

imbondz
01-26-2012, 09:46 PM
im actually going to go in a different direction with this. im not so sure this parity thing is working really well. same teams every year, giants, pats, steelers, packers, maybe a different team here and there.

i think teams that finish in the bottom 5 in record should receive 2 1sts, and 2 2nds, and teams picking 6-10 should get a extra 1st at the bottom of rd 1...

so the colts would get the top pick, the 33rd pick, the top pick in the 2nd, and the last pick in the 2nd.

just an idea...

I agree parity might be a nice marketing word that people have bought into, but it does seem like the same organizations win, with the rarities like the Rams in 2000 and Saints in 2009.

But the draft idea sounds like loser mentality to me. we've had plenty of chances to draft well and fail.

Crisis
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
I agree parity might be a nice marketing word that people have bought into, but it does seem like the same organizations win, with the rarities like the Rams in 2000 and Saints in 2009.

But the draft idea sounds like loser mentality to me. we've had plenty of chances to draft well and fail.

The NFC has plenty of it, the AFC is the same organizations every year.

jcdavey
01-27-2012, 01:18 AM
stupid-ass pats fan

i'm a charger fan and i'm rooting for eli to win the sb, again

that's how much i hope the pats lose....again

jamze132
01-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Being a Mets fan, I guess I can start to cheer for the Giants. Especially if the NFL ever departs Buffalo.

Ickybaluky
01-27-2012, 07:43 AM
LOL. You guys crack me up.

Personally, this has been the most enjoyable season for me since the Super Bowl years. This Pats team has been easy to root for, because they are so flawed. they are not a great team, but they have a tough team that hangs in there and finds ways to succeed. It is an easy team to root for, and one that has far exceeded expectations.

Win or lose in the Super Bowl, this has been a great year for the Pats.

Philagape
01-27-2012, 08:23 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DAO0AwlH9KA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

better days
01-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Personally, this has been the most enjoyable season for me since the Super Bowl years. This Pats team has been easy to root for, because they are so flawed. they are not a great team, but they have a tough team that hangs in there and finds ways to succeed. It is an easy team to root for, and one that has far exceeded expectations.

I doubt your fellow Pats* fans will feel that way if the Giants win.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Doesn't piss me off just proves the point that Patriot fans suck.

stuckincincy
01-27-2012, 10:45 AM

Sure has.

Other than the CIN-HOU and DEN-NE stinkers, the playoff games have been quite good.

DynaPaul
01-27-2012, 11:32 AM
This Pats fan says if the Giants win he will never watch football again.

That's how I felt before EVERY Pats Super Bowl in the Brady-Belichick era. If those f#$%ers win I'm giving up on football. Well, I didn't give up. I just can't stand those Patriots whiners. (The ones on the team, not the fans...)

G Wolly
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
It's true, I remember Scot Norwood and "wide right" like it was yesterday. I presume that's what you're talking about. Still my distaste for New England and New England fans trumps anything I feel toward the Giants.

Amen to that.

Very much agreed. That's why 2008 was such a great Super Bowl.

Next sunday I'll be a Giants fan for a second super bowl.

mysticsoto
01-27-2012, 12:14 PM
All Pats fans have vaginas.

Just like their quarterback!

Mad Bomber
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
I actually have grown to like the Giants over the years. Always been a fan of Coughlin
Me too. Since I live in the NYC area I have gotten to see them play almost every week for the past 25 years. I know the team, and they are growing on me (sort of like a fungus).

OpIv37
01-27-2012, 12:52 PM

just an idea...

The rules are meant to create parity as they are, and the rules are fine.

Unfortunately, NFL parity rules can't make the Bills suddenly become competent.

Mike13
01-27-2012, 01:35 PM
None of them know who Steve Grogan was.

ddaryl
01-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Bills fans witness 4 straight losses and became even bigger fans going forward.

Patriots fans, not all of them, are spoiled, and they were no where' sot be found 2 decades ago when the team was struggling

SABURZFAN
01-27-2012, 03:38 PM
With you around, who needs Pats fans

:bravo:

Slim
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm already completely pissed off for being a Bills fan.

Slim
01-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I guess it's better than being completely pissed on as a Bills fan.

imbondz
01-27-2012, 04:17 PM

so flawed? bs. 13-3 is hardly flawed, they are barely flawed. they're d is their weak spot, and even that isn't that bad when you play the game. on paper their D is worse than in reality.

SABURZFAN
01-27-2012, 04:38 PM
I guess it's better than being completely pissed on as a Bills fan.

unless your board name is Oaf.

ublinkwescore
01-27-2012, 06:00 PM

funny you should say that... there was a pats fan in the sports bar I go to on sundays season before last and even the hot bartender chick was all there like - "I don't like him either - he's kind of an *******" after he left... some dude in his fifties maybe 60s.

ublinkwescore
01-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I do seriously question the integrity of the game though. there are too many bs calls that are obvious.

Mr. Pink
01-27-2012, 06:20 PM
None of them know who Steve Grogan was.

Tony Eason was the man!

Tony Eason to Stanley Morgan TD! :rofl:

I'm not even a Pats fan and remember those guys.

Ickybaluky
01-27-2012, 09:43 PM
so flawed? bs. 13-3 is hardly flawed, they are barely flawed. they're d is their weak spot, and even that isn't that bad when you play the game. on paper their D is worse than in reality.

I think they are flawed in that they struggle to defend the pass. I don't think that is deniable. I've been watching them all year, they struggle to cover. They lack depth at CB, which is why they have Edelman playing there, and they have a backup S starting.

That said, the entire AFC was flawed this year. Pittsburgh was an aging team that broke down toward the end of the season. Baltimore struggled to generate offense at times. Houston lost their QB and had to go with a rookie. There were no other teams that were really much better than average.

Thus, it is the right year to be flawed. Now it is down to 1 game, and really they have a shot against the Giants. If they can get their offense going, they can win this game. The Giants are playing well now and are probably a more balanced team, but if the Pats can get their offense on a roll they can score enough to win.

Either way, it is OK. They are a fun team to root for, because they get the most they can out of their ability. I have seen more talented Patriots teams, but this one is mentally tough and hangs in games. They have nothing to hang their heads about.

Goobylal
01-27-2012, 10:01 PM
If you're hanging your hat on the Pats' offense getting going, you're looking at another SB loss. Gronk has a high ankle sprain and will be limited, if not knocked-out early after the Giants take some liberties with his ankle (they admitted to targeting WR Kyle Williams of the 49'ers because of his concussion history). The Giants' pass rush will also get to Brady and get into his head. And I don't see Wilfork having a career day like he did against the 35-year old and declining Matt Birk, while the secondary will face a tough test against Manning and his receivers, who are better than they were the last time around.

But as they say, that's why they play the games. Had Warner not broken his finger in the Pats' first SB, that would likely have been a Rams win.

Ickybaluky
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
If you're hanging your hat on the Pats' offense getting going, you're looking at another SB loss. Gronk has a high ankle sprain and will be limited, if not knocked-out early after the Giants take some liberties with his ankle (they admitted to targeting WR Kyle Williams of the 49'ers because of his concussion history). The Giants' pass rush will also get to Brady and get into his head. And I don't see Wilfork having a career day like he did against the 35-year old and declining Matt Birk, while the secondary will face a tough test against Manning and his receivers, who are better than they were the last time around.

LOL. The Pats are good on offense, if they get it going they can put up points on anyone. Gronk will play, so we will see how effective he will be. The last thing I am worried about is the Pats offense. One of the underrated parts of the team is how good their OL is. They are stout inside and 3-deep at OT. If they can do the same job they did against the Ravens they will score,

I actually like the Pats front-7 against the Giants front. The Giants OL is their weakness on offense. Kareem McKenzie is not very good and Baas has playing hurt. The Pats match up pretty well up front, it is the back-end that is a concern.

I realize you hate them, but there are good reasons the Pats are where they are. The Giants are playing well, but they are not a dominant team. This will be a close game, and I am really looking forward to it.

In the end, nothing you or I think will make a difference. They will play, and the team that plays the best will win. Like I said, this Pats team struggles to cover and that will hurt them, but they are a very good offensive team that plays well on ST. They are tough and hang in games, and this one probably comes down to the last possession.

clumping platelets
01-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I've got lunch at My Tomato Pie riding on a Pats win :hungry:

Slim
01-28-2012, 05:19 AM
I've got lunch at My Tomato Pie riding on a Pats win :hungry:
Clump, what is My Tomato Pie?

Goobylal
01-28-2012, 10:06 AM
LOL. The Pats are good on offense, if they get it going they can put up points on anyone. Gronk will play, so we will see how effective he will be. The last thing I am worried about is the Pats offense. One of the underrated parts of the team is how good their OL is. They are stout inside and 3-deep at OT. If they can do the same job they did against the Ravens they will score,

I actually like the Pats front-7 against the Giants front. The Giants OL is their weakness on offense. Kareem McKenzie is not very good and Baas has playing hurt. The Pats match up pretty well up front, it is the back-end that is a concern.

I realize you hate them, but there are good reasons the Pats are where they are. The Giants are playing well, but they are not a dominant team. This will be a close game, and I am really looking forward to it.

In the end, nothing you or I think will make a difference. They will play, and the team that plays the best will win. Like I said, this Pats team struggles to cover and that will hurt them, but they are a very good offensive team that plays well on ST. They are tough and hang in games, and this one probably comes down to the last possession.
My assessment has little to do with my hatred for the Pats' luck/favoritism/cheating. If you'd asked me back 4 years ago, I'd have told you the Pats would cruise to another SB win against the Gints. This time around, I can't for the life of me figure out how the Pats were labelled the favorites, given the Gints already beat them in Foxboro during the season, and beat far better teams in the playoffs, on the road no less. But it's another reason why I believe the Gints will win, i.e. because they've been slighted, and that's usually the Pats' schtick.