• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I personally think that the Colts skip Luck & pay Manning his $

Peyton has been a superstar for them with multiple years to play, I think that they skip Luck & draft the best player outside of him.

You don't mess with a local God or talent that single-handledly leads your team to a winning season, no way.

Edit: I'm wrong, Peyton looks to be getting cut-

Friday's joint statement from Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and owner Jim Irsay was described on these pages as "a bucket of water on the burgeoning brush fire."
    Last edited by Skooby; 01-28-2012, 06:37 PM.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: I personally think that the Colts skip Luck & pay Manning his $

I think they are taking Luck no matter what.

Comment

• wozrob11
      • Mar 2007

peyton is due 28 million on march 8 so they have to pay him or release by that date paying a player 28 million to be a waterboy is not gonna happen even though he built that franchise and is the reason they have been in the playoffs for the last 11 years and deserves the money by far. paying him the 28 million to wait and see if he gets healthy is just dumb!paying peyton and keeping him and drafting luck gives the colts a major cap hit .its luck or manning not both lets get real he will be released! if the 49ers can trade joe montana than the colts can run peyton out of town with out losing a night of sleep.BUT...... if he is 100% healthy before that then WHO THE **** KNOWS what will happen then
      IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown
        Peyton has been a superstar for them with multiple years to play, I think that they skip Luck & draft the best player outside of him.

You don't mess with a local God or talent that single-handledly leads your team to a winning season, no way.
        That would be the most ignorant thing the Colts could do. Luck might be the next Manning or Brady. You don't pass that up, especially when the incumbent is 36 frggin' years old with a busted ass neck.

Comment

• jcdavey
          • Dec 2006

that would be incredibly dumb IMO

the smart move is draft luck and let peyton mentor him if peyton's healthy enough to still play the game

the money is inconsequential if peyton's still healthy enough to play the sport, because he has earned it if he can still play.

now if he can't play, you cut him....simple as that

that's business........and he knew the risk

Comment

• jcdavey
            • Dec 2006

also peyton didn't single handedly do squat

people mistaking 2-14 for him being the real mvp are neglecting the fact the colts were complete idiots who built their offense around one man without having a backup plan or a real offensive coordinator

any team who makes their qb the oc is going to fail when that qb gets injured

the pats were smarter than that , and they have a MUCH better head coach

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

How can they NOT draft Luck? A guy named Luck with a horseshoe on his helmet...a "lucky" horseshoe. They will draft Luck, no doubt. They would be out of their minds not to. If they really want Peyton to play (and it's not looking that way), they should draft Luck anyway. The rookie wage scale makes this much more affordable. I mean, Aaron Rodgers sat behind Brett Favre for three years.

What's still totally incredible to me is that the Colts are in this situation in the first place. Who would have thunk it?

This is THE story of the upcoming off-season. THAT'S entertainment. I just hope to God that Peyton Manning doesn't go to the Jets or Dolphins. Peyton played his first 4 years in the AFC East (before the restructure), remember. This would put him back. We'd have Manning AND Brady in the same division. That fat bastard Rex Ryan has a chubby for Manning...

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

Skooby you have truly gone off the rails

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

You put the L in Loon.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

I think the Bills will resign the local God in Buffalo, Jim Kelly to a 50 year contract for $500 Billion Dollars.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                      • Feb 2009

Drafting Luck has zero to do with keeping Manning, and vice versa. I think the draft Luck and keep Manning.
                      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

You don't make the playoffs for a decade because of one guy & then shelve him after an injury that he's been playing through.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

The 49ers let Joe Montana go.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

I think you would be wrong, and Peyton Manning will understand why they did. that being said, I do seriously think that the colts were due for an "off" season where they just weren't going to perform to their normal par. That team was loaded offensively, and always has been. That team has had great depth as well much like the Pats, it's a system team. I think Luck is a colt regardless, the real question is - where does Manning end up - Indy or Miami - hopefully the prior because we will have a tough decision to make if Peyton goes to Miami - do we go best pass rusher to try to complete our D, or do we go QB and try to bring the future here quicker?
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

You don't make the playoffs for a decade because of one guy & then shelve him after an injury that he's been playing through.
                              Even if Manning were HEALTHY which he is not, he will soon be 38 years old. You don't pass on a prospect like Luck when you have the chance to draft him.

The Packers drafted Rodgers when Favre was still playing WELL.

Comment

Working...
                              X