PDA

View Full Version : Kelso would take Super Bowl trade

BLeonard
01-28-2012, 10:40 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/01/27/kelso-would-take-super-bowl-trade/

“Certainly you want ot think about all those good times,” said Kelso. “The fact that you went there four times in row doesn’t diminish the success that you had, but I would’ve traded all four of those for a couple of Super Bowl victories I’ll tell you that. I wouldn’t trade them for one victory and ride off into the sunset and not be a very good team, but if you said we could trade four for two victories I would have to consider that.”

Kelso also stated that had Scott Norwood’s kick been good to win Super Bowl XXV he doubts the team would’ve won four straight AFC titles. He believes not finishing it off was what kept the hunger alive in those teams year after year.

-Bill

Skooby
01-28-2012, 11:48 AM
The NFC teams ruled for like 18 years, so it wasn't happening. The drive for five as labeled failed.

G Wolly
01-28-2012, 03:19 PM
No ****, Kelso.

So would every Bills fan.

Don't Panic
01-28-2012, 04:00 PM
The fact is those 4 appearances, and losses, define this franchise. We all had a chance to jump ship a long time ago if we didn't like that fact. I'm good with it... gonna make winning our first that much sweeter.

THRILLHO
01-28-2012, 06:45 PM
He wouldnt trade all four for one victory and no more appearances?

Im not an athlete, and I was too young to be following football back then, but wouldnt it be better to have that one ring than 4 losses in a row? Thats what I would want.

mikemac2001
01-28-2012, 07:27 PM

Im not an athlete, and I was too young to be following football back then, but wouldnt it be better to have that one ring than 4 losses in a row? Thats what I would want.

He is saying 4 str8 means more as a team then 1 sb

Its harder to do what they did and it shows the heart and talent of team

Johnny Bugmenot
01-28-2012, 08:53 PM

Think of it this way: everyone remembers the Bills for their four straight Super Bowl appearances

Who remembers the 1971 Baltimore Colts? The '82 Redskins have a little fond memory for the Hogs and Riggins, but not nearly as much as the Bills do. The 2002 Buccaneers are a mere footnote in the history of the NFL. But the Bills' 4 consecutive AFC championships put that team in the spotlight the same way the Steelers' 4 wins in 6 years did in the 70s, the same way the Cowboys' 3 wins in 4 years (unfortunately, two of those overlapping with the Bills' losses) did in the '90s, the same way *blech* the Patriots' 3 wins in 4 years did this past decade. Consistency.

It is far more beneficial for a team's reputation to be very good for a stretch of several years in a row, than to be the best once and disappear.

Mr. Pink
01-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Think of it this way: everyone remembers the Bills for their four straight Super Bowl appearances

Who remembers the 1971 Baltimore Colts? The '82 Redskins have a little fond memory for the Hogs and Riggins, but not nearly as much as the Bills do. The 2002 Buccaneers are a mere footnote in the history of the NFL. But the Bills' 4 consecutive AFC championships put that team in the spotlight the same way the Steelers' 4 wins in 6 years did in the 70s, the same way the Cowboys' 3 wins in 4 years (unfortunately, two of those overlapping with the Bills' losses) did in the '90s, the same way *blech* the Patriots' 3 wins in 4 years did this past decade. Consistency.

It is far more beneficial for a team's reputation to be very good for a stretch of several years in a row, than to be the best once and disappear.

Not completely true. Everyone remembers the 85 Bears and the 00 Ravens based on the strength of both teams defensive units. And no one will ever forget the 68 Jets.

imbondz
01-29-2012, 02:04 PM
i've always believed if they won the 1st one, they would have won all 4, or at least 3.

Cleve
01-29-2012, 02:24 PM
And no one will ever forget the 68 Jets.

Yep - that dirty hippy long-haired QB, Joe Namath.

THRILLHO
01-29-2012, 04:07 PM

But is it not an athlete's or a team's goal to be the very best? Very good doesn't get the Lombardi trophy. Very good gets you the stigma of being the team that couldn't come through when it all mattered.