PDA

View Full Version : Bills have speculative interest in Jackson

YardRat
01-29-2012, 06:31 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3202&line=227167&spln=1

BuffaloBills.com's Chris Brown suggests the Bills could have an interest in signing Vincent Jackson this offseason.
Brown is speculating here and not reporting.

Mike
01-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Noon. He's a 1b wr.

tampabay25690
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Would luv it

OpIv37
01-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Remember, Chris Brown has traded his journalistic integrity for access to the Bills. If he says it, the Bills FO approves it.

This is just leverage for dealing with Stevie.

Mr. Miyagi
01-29-2012, 01:33 PM
We should get Stevie signed first before looking at another WR. Taking one step forward and one step back is NOT improvement.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-29-2012, 04:13 PM
We should get Stevie signed first before looking at another WR. Taking one step forward and one step back is NOT improvement.

replacing jackson for stevie is an upgrade. one wr is better than the other wr.

Mr. Miyagi
01-29-2012, 04:26 PM
replacing jackson for stevie is an upgrade. one wr is better than the other wr.
At best it's a half step upgrade. Jackson hasn't been dominant like he used to for a while now.

Crisis
01-29-2012, 05:28 PM
At best it's a half step upgrade. Jackson hasn't been dominant like he used to for a while now.

He's coming off his second best season.

Night Train
01-29-2012, 05:28 PM
If any UFA has 5 choices, the Bills are choice number 5 9 out of 10 times.

Outside of C level depth signings, I see no one considering Buffalo.

jamze132
01-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Players will go where the money is. It's proven every year in every sport.

Mahdi
01-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Players will go where the money is. It's proven every year in every sport.
Right, but, players will choose other destinations over the Bills if the money is similar enough.

If I'm Vincent Jackson and I have to choose between playing with Fitz or playing with Jay Cutler. I choose Cutler because he has a big arm and he actually was having a great year before getting injured.

Playing for Chicago, Jackson will earn more in terms of production bonuses and even playoff bonuses.

There are very few teams that would be rejected in favor of the Bills assuming the money is similar.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 07:40 AM
If Jackson comes here the Bills will need to sell him on the changes they are making to this team. He has to believe we are heading in the right direction, considering that half the fan base is unsure after a down year that's not an easy sell.

jamze132
01-30-2012, 07:42 AM
If Jackson comes here the Bills will need to sell him on the changes they are making to this team. He has to believe we are heading in the right direction, considering that half the fan base is unsure after a down year that's not an easy sell.
Nope.

If we offer more money than anyone else, he'll probably come.

jamze132
01-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Right, but, players will choose other destinations over the Bills if the money is similar enough.

If I'm Vincent Jackson and I have to choose between playing with Fitz or playing with Jay Cutler. I choose Cutler because he has a big arm and he actually was having a great year before getting injured.

Playing for Chicago, Jackson will earn more in terms of production bonuses and even playoff bonuses.

There are very few teams that would be rejected in favor of the Bills assuming the money is similar.
I'm not diagreeing with you, but like I said, players will go where they get the MOST money.

DesertFox24
01-30-2012, 07:49 AM
As another poster pointed out if the bills cut McGee, Florence, and Edwards I think it frees up significant money.

I doubt we cut Florence though. I could see Edwards and McGee getting cut.

I think Buffalo wants to get Vincent Jackson and Stevie to be our top two WRs. Then you put Donald and David in the slot and have Easley and maybe draft a speedy guy in round 4.

DesertFox24
01-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Also do not count out money and guys like Shawne Merriman and Nick Barnett. These guys can sell free agents on the direction of this team and hopefully are calling guys.

EDS
01-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Also do not count out money and guys like Shawne Merriman and Nick Barnett. These guys can sell free agents on the direction of this team and hopefully are calling guys.

Merriman and Barnett are not that good. It is not like they are Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.

Mahdi
01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm not diagreeing with you, but like I said, players will go where they get the MOST money.
Ok, yes, to an extent. But in reality the money doesn't just have to be more, but significantly more.

If I'm a FA and Bills are offering me 1 mil more per season, while a team with a higher profile and a better QB make me an offer for 1 mil less, I would go to the better team simply because I have the opportunity for better stats, PB appearance, incentives, performance bonuses and playoff appearances.

Buffalo would have to pay significantly more than other teams to bring them here. Look at what we had to do to bring in Dockery and Walker... crazy contracts those were. Look at what we gave to a KR and situational QB(Smith).

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Nope.

If we offer more money than anyone else, he'll probably come.

I dont think that's a safe assumption actually.

jamze132
01-31-2012, 05:56 AM
I dont think that's a safe assumption actually.
I don't think your face is a safe assumption!