• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills unlikely to pursue Mario Williams

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

BuffaloBills.com's Chris Brown doesn't believe the Bills will make a run at impending free agent OLB Mario Williams if he hits the open market.
    The Bills need to improve a pass rush that tallied just 29 sacks in 2011, and a move to Buffalo would put Williams back in a 4-3 defense.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • lmcshadow
    • Nov 2007

Re: Bills unlikely to pursue Mario Williams

not if Ralf Malf have a say
    The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Duh. One of the best players and biggest names FA. Why would the Bills want that?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Duh. One of the best players and biggest names FA. Why would the Bills want that?
        To sell tickets. They have to know selling season tickets is going to be hard after last years debacle.

In 12 years the Bills only winning season was 9-7 in 2004. People are fed up.

The Bills biggest need by far is a pass rush. Mario Williams can help solve that. Increasing the pass rush would help out the secondary and create more turnovers.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
          http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=227149&spln=1

BuffaloBills.com's Chris Brown doesn't believe the Bills will make a run at impending free agent OLB Mario Williams if he hits the open market.
          The Bills need to improve a pass rush that tallied just 29 sacks in 2011, and a move to Buffalo would put Williams back in a 4-3 defense.
          I don't understand the statement about putting Williams back in a 4-3 defense like that's a bad thing. Didn't Houston run a 4-3 d in Houston in 2007 and 2008 when he got 26 sacks?

He's 6'6 and 285 lbs. He's a perfect 4-3 DE.

Comment

• bills4ver
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ed
            I don't understand the statement about putting Williams back in a 4-3 defense like that's a bad thing. Didn't Houston run a 4-3 d in Houston in 2007 and 2008 when he got 26 sacks?

Just like every year, the fans hope and know whats best - however Chris Brown is paid to spin it for the fans.

He does not fit our system or what we are going to do, were going to bring in a no name that had something in the past that we can pump up with some good old writing lol

The problem is after 12 years of this people are done with it, Ralph better open his wallet and try to win a superbowl or the fans won't stay.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              To sell tickets. They have to know selling season tickets is going to be hard after last years debacle.

In 12 years the Bills only winning season was 9-7 in 2004. People are fed up.

The Bills biggest need by far is a pass rush. Mario Williams can help solve that. Increasing the pass rush would help out the secondary and create more turnovers.
              My apologies. I forgot the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by bills4ver
                Just like every year, the fans hope and know whats best - however Chris Brown is paid to spin it for the fans.

He does not fit our system or what we are going to do, were going to bring in a no name that had something in the past that we can pump up with some good old writing lol

The problem is after 12 years of this people are done with it, Ralph better open his wallet and try to win a superbowl or the fans won't stay.
                How is this spinning it for the fans? If anything this is a spin for ownership, NOT fans.

In any event, this is just PURE SPECULATION on Browns part, just like he is speculating the Bills are interested in Jackson. I doubt Chris Brown has anymore clue than anyone on this board about what the Bills will do, & probably less than a couple people that give us the REAL low down from time to time.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ed

I didn't take it as a 'bad thing' comment, but found it interesting that a switch back was taken for granted.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Jul 2007

In other news, the sky is blue on a clear day.
                    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

What person in their right mind would think Williams would ever risk his career by walking into an injury trap like Buffalo?

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Mario Williams ain't goin' to no Bills.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Mario Williams ain't goin nowhere outside of Houston.

No way the Texans would be dumb enough to let him walk.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

it is going to be very interesting to see how the bills plan to put fannies in the seats this coming year. combined with a sabres meltdown, i think your average WNY fan has earned the right to say, "get good first, then call me."

the bills lost to the jets twice. a team with the worst qb heading a team that was ready to win now. They lost to the dolphins twice with no real qb on that team. and they got lucky to beat the pats once and got crushed.

the team can't get to the opposing QB, the lines can't pass block if the starters aren't playing.

If they lose stevie, i might not waste my sundays. its not because of who stevie is, it's just that they refuse to ever keep the parts that make them better and hope to find a royal flush in the next dealing of the cards.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              it is going to be very interesting to see how the bills plan to put fannies in the seats this coming year. combined with a sabres meltdown, i think your average WNY fan has earned the right to say, "get good first, then call me."

the bills lost to the jets twice. a team with the worst qb heading a team that was ready to win now. They lost to the dolphins twice with no real qb on that team. and they got lucky to beat the pats once and got crushed.

the team can't get to the opposing QB, the lines can't pass block if the starters aren't playing.

If they lose stevie, i might not waste my sundays. its not because of who stevie is, it's just that they refuse to ever keep the parts that make them better and hope to find a royal flush in the next dealing of the cards.
                              They seemed to fall for it hook, line and sinker last year. At least for the first four home games. Chances are, they'll do it again unless lease negotiations really sour.

At that point, however, all bets are off.

Comment

Working...
                              X