PDA

View Full Version : Who is the player we must get in Free Agentcy?

Cali512
01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
My pick- Realistically

Dwayne Bowe WR- This is also after resigning Stevie Johnson. Bowe will give us exactly what the bills need. A player whos open even when he isnt. He is also very familiar with Chan, and Thigpen and if for some reason Thigpen is still here next year, Thigpen did do very well with Bowe at KC and could make him into an adequette back up.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Would love to have Bowe as a Bill but it's never gonna happen especially if we are able to retain Stevie

YardRat
01-29-2012, 07:46 PM
I'd like to see us go after a vet in FA for WR also...DE's and OLB's are going to be hard to find with that route.

bigbub2352
01-29-2012, 08:07 PM
v-jax sd wr

ThunderGun
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
I'd love Vincent Jackson, but that wont happen. I'm not a big Bowe fan, but I cant deny that we could certainly use him

Cali512
01-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Would love to have Bowe as a Bill but it's never gonna happen especially if we are able to retain Stevie

I think Bowe would love the idea. Gets his former coach who was there during the time he had the most success. He finally has that other WR who can distract double teams. Nix said that he wants a WR and 2 pass rushers in the offseason. He claimed to of wanted a WR who is open even when he isnt. I see this being a very likely pickup if Nix was for real bout spending money

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Jason Campbell. Fitzputrid needs to think there is someone behind him capable of overtaking him and taking the starting spot.

Cali512
01-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Jason Campbell. Fitzputrid needs to think there is someone behind him capable of overtaking him and taking the starting spot.

So no to Mario Williams, Cliff Avril, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Hines Ward, Manningham, Robert Mathis, Calais Campbell, Anthony Spencer, and Brandon Lloyd, but you mostly want a backup QB who would make Fitz try harder? Ok logical :trance:

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Jason Campbell is one of many players the Bills need to get if they want to be competitive next year. :rolleyes:

Cali512
01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Jason Campbell is one of many players the Bills need to get if they want to be competitive next year. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the neg btw. And uhm really, u called me dumb? The question is who is the player we must get. U point out a backup QB as our must need. Are you Ralph Wilson?

ublinkwescore
01-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Wade Phillips for D head coach.

scartown
01-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Brent Grimes but sounds like he will be out of the Bills price range

NOT THE DUDE...
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
a big time pass rusher.

BertSquirtgum
01-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the neg btw. And uhm really, u called me dumb? The question is who is the player we must get. U point out a backup QB as our must need. Are you Ralph Wilson?
you're welcome n00b

clumping platelets
01-30-2012, 03:18 AM
LB Bradie James from Dallas

jamze132
01-30-2012, 05:16 AM
And you really really think a WR is our most pressing need?

We need a DE and an OLB that can make a difference more than anything.

Mahdi
01-30-2012, 07:34 AM
is this sarcastic?

shoey
01-30-2012, 08:15 AM
A TE.

Mr. Pink
01-30-2012, 08:27 AM
One of these three...

Carlos Rogers CB - D'Qwell Jackson ILB/MLB has played both - Fred Davis TE if Washington lets him go.

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Ick, why? He's over 30 and had a below average season last season and not an upgrade of what we already have at ILB.

My choice would be JerMichael Finley if discussing anyone not named Stevie.

Mahdi
01-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Jermichael Finley would be a huge addition to this offense. Would represent that big uncoverable receiver Nix was talking about plus give us a guy who would be a mismatch against safeties and LBs as well as a redzone threat.

Getting Finley turns Chandler into a second TE which is what he should be. Having both of those guys plus Stevie in the redzone would cause problems.

Getting Finley and a vet pass rusher would help both units immensely. Maybe Ahmad Brooks if we stay in 3-4 or Mark Anderson if we move to 4-3.

stuckincincy
01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Trade for London Fletcher... :biggrin:

Mahdi
01-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Trade for London Fletcher... :biggrin:
He's FA...

Night Train
01-30-2012, 10:10 AM

This

So many needs but the priority list always starts with solidifying the D, then moving on to the O.

BillsFanCupp38
01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Peyton Manning... Hey, just saying...

stuckincincy
01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
He's FA...

Better yet...

clumping platelets
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
I posted a player that we actually may have a chance of getting

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Jermichael Finley would be a huge addition to this offense. Would represent that big uncoverable receiver Nix was talking about plus give us a guy who would be a mismatch against safeties and LBs as well as a redzone threat.

Getting Finley turns Chandler into a second TE which is what he should be. Having both of those guys plus Stevie in the redzone would cause problems.

Getting Finley and a vet pass rusher would help both units immensely. Maybe Ahmad Brooks if we stay in 3-4 or Mark Anderson if we move to 4-3.
Not a bad plan but I'm a little weary of Brooks since he didn't do much in Cincy but he has turned things around in San Fran. That said think he's a guy we could afford and if could contribute 6.0 sacks, that he's averaged the last three seasons, coupled with a 2nd Round pick (if take a LT like Riley Reiff in Round 1) like Bruce Irvin could help our pass rush immensly.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 03:57 PM

No, DE/OLB will be done with the first pic. In my eyes address WR in FA and OLB/DE with the first pick. I like who should be available at pass rusher more than who will be at WR. Plus I like the FA at WR alot more than DE. Avril and Mathis may make it to FA, aside from that who else? Williams will be re-signed

Cali512
01-30-2012, 03:58 PM

I do like the idea. But still we would need our other WR. Unless Easily?

SABURZFAN
01-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Calais Campbell

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I do like the idea. But still we would need our other WR. Unless Easily?
I like his plan too and I'd go for it too but it does ask for us to (re-)sign four core guys in Stevie, Chandler, Finley and Brooks. It might be tough to find the cap room to find someone better than we have already but one name I mentioned before was Legedu Naanee and another one is Chaz Schilens who also embraces the "big" WR philosophy we've incoporated.

Calais Campbell
Sleeper pick. He had a great year last year but I'm not sure he's as good as he played but he'd definately upgrade as at DE over Dwan Edwards if stick with a 3-4. Yet I would much rather look to upgrade at OLB, TE, second WR, and back up C before thinking about a starting DE.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I like his plan too and I'd go for it too but it does ask for us to (re-)sign four core guys in Stevie, Chandler, Finley and Brooks. It might be tough to find the cap room to find someone better than we have already but one name I mentioned before was Legedu Naanee and another one is Chaz Schilens who also embraces the "big" WR philosophy we've incoporated.

Sleeper pick. He had a great year last year but I'm not sure he's as good as he played but he'd definately upgrade as at DE over Dwan Edwards if stick with a 3-4. Yet I would much rather look to upgrade at OLB, TE, second WR, and back up C before thinking about a starting DE.

I still have my eye on Bowe. Notice how the names throan up more than anything are Jackson, Naene and Bowe? Meanwhile our GM was part of drafting Jackson and Naene i believe, and Bowe had some of his best seasons under Gailey. Its hard to not see one of these 3 guys being here next year.

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I still have my eye on Bowe. Notice how the names throan up more than anything are Jackson, Naene and Bowe? Meanwhile our GM was part of drafting Jackson and Naene i believe, and Bowe had some of his best seasons under Gailey. Its hard to not see one of these 3 guys being here next year.
I know all too well. That's how I predicted Gailey's choice of an OC in another thread and in years past predicted the Bills getting Travis Brown off the waiver wire etc. It's a matter of understanding that most coaches/GMs hold ties to guys they've had.

jamze132
01-31-2012, 06:02 AM
No, DE/OLB will be done with the first pic. In my eyes address WR in FA and OLB/DE with the first pick. I like who should be available at pass rusher more than who will be at WR. Plus I like the FA at WR alot more than DE. Avril and Mathis may make it to FA, aside from that who else? Williams will be re-signed
I understand your thought process but we can't pass up an opportunity in FA to sign a DE or OLB. Nothing says we can't sign both and still draft the best DE or OLB available. Look at what the Giants have done with there line. Lots of times they have 4 DEs on the field because they are playing to there strengths. GD Fewel!

Mahdi
01-31-2012, 06:41 AM
Calais Campbell
Calais Campbell has become one of the best 3-4 DEs in the NFL. He's really going to get a nice contract in FA. Wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore go after him hard to improve their pass rush actually. Especially because he is a Cane too.

If Buffalo stays in a 3-4 then Campbell would be a huge upgrade over Dwan Ed, if we move to 4-3 its very questionable that he could play DT. Certainly not a 4-3 DE though.

Bert102176
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
DE Avril on D, and Colston on O, plus resign Stevie

Mr. Pink
02-01-2012, 11:30 AM

If we sign Finley, Chandler would be gone.

Same as if we signed Fred Davis out of Washington.

No reason to pay around 4m for a backup tight end.