• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD Mock v3.5

Bills go DE, QB, OLB.

This mock factors in performances from Mobile.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: BBD Mock v3.5

Few things IMO...

1.. No chance that Cleveland passes on RGIII...but when it comes down to it, Griffin will go #2 overall to the team that trades up with STL.

2. Upshaw at 5? I agree, its a "WT_" pick, but there is no way that Upshaw goes before Coples. Coples was a man amongst boys on Saturday and Upshaw was barely a factor in my opinion.

3. Jags won't pass on Colples at 7

4. Why the love for Randle? Would like to hear your opinion on him some more..

5. Richardson is a top 10 talent, possible top 5. No way he falls that far, even though he is a RB.

6. Reiff and Martin are top 15 IMO

7. Ingram's stock is gonna rise considerably...could see him in top 15, top 20 at worst.

Just my thoughts on Round 1...

As for the Bills picks, love the value of Tannenhill for the Bills there. No need to play in 2012, but can give Fitz a run for his money possibly in 2013.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

If we pass up on a LT I'll blow my brains out. I know pass rush is a need, but we have zero depth at tackle. Bell is a FA and can't stay healthy. Are we willing to go into the offseason with nothing but Hairston. Who can we sign that will have any impact at the position? Would they even want to pay out that kind of money.

Drafting an LT is as much a need as a DE. We draft an LT, extend Wood, Levitre, Urbik, and you have one of the best young lines in the league.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I've seen a few mocks where Coples didn't go to Carolina, Jacksonville or Miami, and a lot of mocks where he went to one of those teams. If he does by some chance drop to the Bills, I think Nix will grab him. I like Tannehill in the second too. I think most of the shortcomings in his play on the field are easy to trace back to his inexperience, having switched from WR. I like his athleticism. In the third, I think Irvin is kind of a one trick pony at this point, so he may be limited to passing downs for a while. He's pretty good at that one trick though.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
          If we pass up on a LT I'll blow my brains out. I know pass rush is a need, but we have zero depth at tackle. Bell is a FA and can't stay healthy. Are we willing to go into the offseason with nothing but Hairston. Who can we sign that will have any impact at the position? Would they even want to pay out that kind of money.

Drafting an LT is as much a need as a DE. We draft an LT, extend Wood, Levitre, Urbik, and you have one of the best young lines in the league.

I seriously hope you have nothing to do with our management. We gave up the least amount of sacks in the nfl while having our RB injured half the season which mean we passed ALOT. Thats a FA or 2nd-> need not first round. We need a OLB/DE primarily. Number one in sacks, bottom 5 in forcing sacks. OLB/DE>OT
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Then you might want to get the gun ready. I don't believe Nix has EVER drafted an OL in the first round. He'll probably grab one or two in later rounds, but I seriously doubt he goes LT in the first round.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by psubills62
              Then you might want to get the gun ready. I don't believe Nix has EVER drafted an OL in the first round. He'll probably grab one or two in later rounds, but I seriously doubt he goes LT in the first round.
              This, we're not drafting a OL guy first. Later rounds for projects yes, first F-no.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

You must be about 14.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Those picks all make sense. Personally I think Coples goes before Upshaw and Id rather have Weeden over Tannehill.
                  Last edited by X-Era; 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I've got Coples and Irvin penciled into the mock I'm currently working on also.

1-Is this a 'bull****' mock or one we're supposed to consider having some accuracy?

2-IMO you should add more links to the bottom of the rounds. Making me click on the second half of the first round just so I can get to the second round isn't going to entice me to read it.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
                      Those picks all make sense. Personally I think Coples goes before Upshaw and Id rather have Weeden over Tannehill.
                      You would rather have a 29 year old rookie?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                        Few things IMO...

1.. No chance that Cleveland passes on RGIII...but when it comes down to it, Griffin will go #2 overall to the team that trades up with STL.

2. Upshaw at 5? I agree, its a "WT_" pick, but there is no way that Upshaw goes before Coples. Coples was a man amongst boys on Saturday and Upshaw was barely a factor in my opinion.

3. Jags won't pass on Colples at 7

4. Why the love for Randle? Would like to hear your opinion on him some more..

5. Richardson is a top 10 talent, possible top 5. No way he falls that far, even though he is a RB.

6. Reiff and Martin are top 15 IMO

7. Ingram's stock is gonna rise considerably...could see him in top 15, top 20 at worst.

Just my thoughts on Round 1...

As for the Bills picks, love the value of Tannenhill for the Bills there. No need to play in 2012, but can give Fitz a run for his money possibly in 2013.
                        1. Not based on reports I've been hearing

2. Oh there are plenty of ways Upshaw goes before Coples, maybe not at 5, but that's why its a mock draft. Its not any fun if you don't make it fun.

3. Don't see the Jags taking Coples, way too many other holes plus they have Austen Lane, Aaron Morgan, and George Selvie who they like as youngsters to go along with Kampman and Roth.

4. Big, tall, lanky, with good deep speed, good body control, and strong hands. May struggle some with press but as he gets stronger he'll be fine, needs to sharpen his mid tree routes and go over the middle more. Suffered from very poor QB play.

5. RB's are funny and the mass exodus of Juniors will hurt Richardson

6. One will, the other I dont think so.

7. Too much tweener not enough actual positional skill

Good thoughts, and thanks!
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Can't have it both ways and with the depth at LT in this draft I think we can wait and maybe add a FA. The DE class is thin, plus nobody on the board at #10 came close to Coples value.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            I've seen a few mocks where Coples didn't go to Carolina, Jacksonville or Miami, and a lot of mocks where he went to one of those teams. If he does by some chance drop to the Bills, I think Nix will grab him. I like Tannehill in the second too. I think most of the shortcomings in his play on the field are easy to trace back to his inexperience, having switched from WR. I like his athleticism. In the third, I think Irvin is kind of a one trick pony at this point, so he may be limited to passing downs for a while. He's pretty good at that one trick though.
                            If we run the base 43, with a lot of hybrid looks to a 34 then that's why I took Irvin in Round 3. Like you said he's a one trick guy but he can play down or up in 3rd and pass.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                              I've got Coples and Irvin penciled into the mock I'm currently working on also.

1-Is this a 'bull****' mock or one we're supposed to consider having some accuracy?

2-IMO you should add more links to the bottom of the rounds. Making me click on the second half of the first round just so I can get to the second round isn't going to entice me to read it.
                              1-As always its both, some picks are based on what Im hearing, some are just for fun, and some are based on a combination of the two

2-Market research overwhelmingly shows that people click through the whole thing, yes its a cheap way to get page clicks but that's unfortunately how it has to work. I understand if it doesn't work for you.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X