PDA

View Full Version : BBD Mock v3.5

DraftBoy
01-29-2012, 08:33 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft/

Bills go DE, QB, OLB.

This mock factors in performances from Mobile.

T-Long
01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Few things IMO...

1.. No chance that Cleveland passes on RGIII...but when it comes down to it, Griffin will go #2 overall to the team that trades up with STL.

2. Upshaw at 5? I agree, its a "WT_" pick, but there is no way that Upshaw goes before Coples. Coples was a man amongst boys on Saturday and Upshaw was barely a factor in my opinion.

3. Jags won't pass on Colples at 7

4. Why the love for Randle? Would like to hear your opinion on him some more..

5. Richardson is a top 10 talent, possible top 5. No way he falls that far, even though he is a RB.

6. Reiff and Martin are top 15 IMO

7. Ingram's stock is gonna rise considerably...could see him in top 15, top 20 at worst.

Just my thoughts on Round 1...

As for the Bills picks, love the value of Tannenhill for the Bills there. No need to play in 2012, but can give Fitz a run for his money possibly in 2013.

kingJofNYC
01-29-2012, 09:30 PM
If we pass up on a LT I'll blow my brains out. I know pass rush is a need, but we have zero depth at tackle. Bell is a FA and can't stay healthy. Are we willing to go into the offseason with nothing but Hairston. Who can we sign that will have any impact at the position? Would they even want to pay out that kind of money.

Drafting an LT is as much a need as a DE. We draft an LT, extend Wood, Levitre, Urbik, and you have one of the best young lines in the league.

TigerJ
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
I've seen a few mocks where Coples didn't go to Carolina, Jacksonville or Miami, and a lot of mocks where he went to one of those teams. If he does by some chance drop to the Bills, I think Nix will grab him. I like Tannehill in the second too. I think most of the shortcomings in his play on the field are easy to trace back to his inexperience, having switched from WR. I like his athleticism. In the third, I think Irvin is kind of a one trick pony at this point, so he may be limited to passing downs for a while. He's pretty good at that one trick though.

Cali512
01-29-2012, 10:14 PM
If we pass up on a LT I'll blow my brains out. I know pass rush is a need, but we have zero depth at tackle. Bell is a FA and can't stay healthy. Are we willing to go into the offseason with nothing but Hairston. Who can we sign that will have any impact at the position? Would they even want to pay out that kind of money.

Drafting an LT is as much a need as a DE. We draft an LT, extend Wood, Levitre, Urbik, and you have one of the best young lines in the league.

I seriously hope you have nothing to do with our management. We gave up the least amount of sacks in the nfl while having our RB injured half the season which mean we passed ALOT. Thats a FA or 2nd-> need not first round. We need a OLB/DE primarily. Number one in sacks, bottom 5 in forcing sacks. OLB/DE>OT

psubills62
01-29-2012, 11:11 PM

Then you might want to get the gun ready. I don't believe Nix has EVER drafted an OL in the first round. He'll probably grab one or two in later rounds, but I seriously doubt he goes LT in the first round.

Skooby
01-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Then you might want to get the gun ready. I don't believe Nix has EVER drafted an OL in the first round. He'll probably grab one or two in later rounds, but I seriously doubt he goes LT in the first round.

This, we're not drafting a OL guy first. Later rounds for projects yes, first F-no.

jamze132
01-30-2012, 05:12 AM

You must be about 14.

X-Era
01-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Those picks all make sense. Personally I think Coples goes before Upshaw and Id rather have Weeden over Tannehill.

YardRat
01-30-2012, 05:51 AM
I've got Coples and Irvin penciled into the mock I'm currently working on also.

1-Is this a 'bull****' mock or one we're supposed to consider having some accuracy?

2-IMO you should add more links to the bottom of the rounds. Making me click on the second half of the first round just so I can get to the second round isn't going to entice me to read it.

alohabillsfan
01-30-2012, 05:55 AM
Those picks all make sense. Personally I think Coples goes before Upshaw and Id rather have Weeden over Tannehill.

You would rather have a 29 year old rookie?

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Few things IMO...

1.. No chance that Cleveland passes on RGIII...but when it comes down to it, Griffin will go #2 overall to the team that trades up with STL.

2. Upshaw at 5? I agree, its a "WT_" pick, but there is no way that Upshaw goes before Coples. Coples was a man amongst boys on Saturday and Upshaw was barely a factor in my opinion.

3. Jags won't pass on Colples at 7

4. Why the love for Randle? Would like to hear your opinion on him some more..

5. Richardson is a top 10 talent, possible top 5. No way he falls that far, even though he is a RB.

6. Reiff and Martin are top 15 IMO

7. Ingram's stock is gonna rise considerably...could see him in top 15, top 20 at worst.

Just my thoughts on Round 1...

As for the Bills picks, love the value of Tannenhill for the Bills there. No need to play in 2012, but can give Fitz a run for his money possibly in 2013.

1. Not based on reports I've been hearing

2. Oh there are plenty of ways Upshaw goes before Coples, maybe not at 5, but that's why its a mock draft. Its not any fun if you don't make it fun.

3. Don't see the Jags taking Coples, way too many other holes plus they have Austen Lane, Aaron Morgan, and George Selvie who they like as youngsters to go along with Kampman and Roth.

4. Big, tall, lanky, with good deep speed, good body control, and strong hands. May struggle some with press but as he gets stronger he'll be fine, needs to sharpen his mid tree routes and go over the middle more. Suffered from very poor QB play.

5. RB's are funny and the mass exodus of Juniors will hurt Richardson

6. One will, the other I dont think so.

7. Too much tweener not enough actual positional skill

Good thoughts, and thanks!

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 07:18 AM

Can't have it both ways and with the depth at LT in this draft I think we can wait and maybe add a FA. The DE class is thin, plus nobody on the board at #10 came close to Coples value.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 07:19 AM
I've seen a few mocks where Coples didn't go to Carolina, Jacksonville or Miami, and a lot of mocks where he went to one of those teams. If he does by some chance drop to the Bills, I think Nix will grab him. I like Tannehill in the second too. I think most of the shortcomings in his play on the field are easy to trace back to his inexperience, having switched from WR. I like his athleticism. In the third, I think Irvin is kind of a one trick pony at this point, so he may be limited to passing downs for a while. He's pretty good at that one trick though.

If we run the base 43, with a lot of hybrid looks to a 34 then that's why I took Irvin in Round 3. Like you said he's a one trick guy but he can play down or up in 3rd and pass.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 07:21 AM
I've got Coples and Irvin penciled into the mock I'm currently working on also.

1-Is this a 'bull****' mock or one we're supposed to consider having some accuracy?

2-IMO you should add more links to the bottom of the rounds. Making me click on the second half of the first round just so I can get to the second round isn't going to entice me to read it.

1-As always its both, some picks are based on what Im hearing, some are just for fun, and some are based on a combination of the two

2-Market research overwhelmingly shows that people click through the whole thing, yes its a cheap way to get page clicks but that's unfortunately how it has to work. I understand if it doesn't work for you.

tampabay25690
01-30-2012, 07:29 AM
DB good crack at this mock.

You really think Hayward before Jenkins?
I think Janoris Jenkins squeezes in the top 20 IMO.....
Maybe because I have seen him dominate the likes of Julio Jones, AJ Green, and others in the SEC.......
I think a team will put the off field issues away and take a chance on him...
I actually think he is better then kirkpatrick.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 07:38 AM

Maybe because I have seen him dominate the likes of Julio Jones, AJ Green, and others in the SEC.......

I really do, Hayward is the #3 CB behind Kirkpatrick and Claiborne. Jenkins has too many red flags with his drug use and subpar play at UNA to draft ahead of the three. In the end that may change if Jenkins runs well but for now I'd draft a much more reliable Hayward.

jamze132
01-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Weeden over Tannehill?

Seriously? There's like almost a decade in between them.

k-oneputt
01-30-2012, 07:55 AM

Jenkins is going to end up with the Cowboys in rd.1.

tampabay25690
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM

I think there is no doubt in my mind that jenkins ends up in the 1st round.
But DB is right it all depends if a team wants to push his off field issues to the side.

PTI
01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
I see you have warmed up to the Bills getting a QB in round 2........

Ed
01-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I love any mock that has Coples going to the Bills at 10, but because I like him so much now I'm convinced he won't be there at our pick. If he is though, it's a no-brainer.

Not a fan of going qb in the 2nd. Of the guys you still have available in this scenario, I would rather see TE Dwayne Allen, or CB Stephon Gilmore in that order.

I like the 3rd round pick too.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Certainly could happen, but they have plenty of holes to fill.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 10:13 AM
I see you have warmed up to the Bills getting a QB in round 2........

Not really.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Seriously, if the draft shakes out like this I will run naked on Jim Kelly Blvd. for the preseason. This draft instantly makes us contenders in a year, though, I see no way Tannehill last to us, I think someone would at least trade up.

k-oneputt
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Certainly could happen, but they have plenty of holes to fill.

And their biggest hole is cb. They will take a cb in rd.1, and if they can take Dez B. I don't think Jenkins will faze them.

k-oneputt
01-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Doubtful Coples falls to the Bills pick.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
And their biggest hole is cb. They will take a cb in rd.1, and if they can take Dez B. I don't think Jenkins will faze them.

Its up there, and Bryant had no off the field issues compared to Jenkins. He was suspended on something stupid.

I actually can't remember the last guy with known Drug issues that Dallas has grabbed. They had Quincy for a while but nobody knew he had issues.

Either way they still could easily take Jenkins, just saying I'm not sure they'll overlook it as easily as you think they will.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Doubtful Coples falls to the Bills pick.

Everything will depend on his combine, its an interesting 50/50 split right now on him.

kingJofNYC
01-30-2012, 11:35 AM
For all the guys who mentioned our sack totals, hard to get sacked when you're throwing out of 3 and 5 step drops. 5 yards per pass, lovely attack. Gailey hid our tackles as best he could. Again, Hairston is the only tackle we have signed.....

Theres no way they don't take a tackle with one of their first two picks. You know Pitt is taking one for sure, and the Giants need help on the OL as well, so hoping to land a franchise tackle in the second is a bit worrying.

I guess we should take the guy who half assed it throughout his senior year, and only played hard during senior bowl practices. That would fit perfect with all the other **** ups.

Buffalo Thriller
01-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Foles or Weeden over Tannehill but overall good picks..

JCBills
01-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Foles or Weeden over Tannehill but overall good picks..

No thanks on a 29 year old or stone feet. I'm not too high on any of them.

JCBills
01-31-2012, 10:18 AM
For all the guys who mentioned our sack totals, hard to get sacked when you're throwing out of 3 and 5 step drops. 5 yards per pass, lovely attack. Gailey hid our tackles as best he could. Again, Hairston is the only tackle we have signed.....

Theres no way they don't take a tackle with one of their first two picks. You know Pitt is taking one for sure, and the Giants need help on the OL as well, so hoping to land a franchise tackle in the second is a bit worrying.

I guess we should take the guy who half assed it throughout his senior year, and only played hard during senior bowl practices. That would fit perfect with all the other **** ups.

Nix's history suggests otherwise. I'd expect an OT in the 4th or 5th.

Cali512
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
If we get a QB at all id want it to be in the later rounds and more of a mobile option QB. This is of course along with a FA vet QB. But a good mobile QB who can throw could do alot for our team. To many years has it been where no ones open or the line breaks down and immediatly the play is over. We need a strong fast QB who can get away from that. Fitz does is occassionally but not when it really matters. Any 3rd-5th round QBs that are mobile big arm and round 6-2-6-4? Dont say a player wouldnt fall down here because ive seen a bunch of drafts where players like that fall.

Barb
01-31-2012, 10:37 AM
miami is pretty deep at DT even with the switch back to a 4-3, no way they let coples pass them, imo

DraftBoy
01-31-2012, 10:41 AM
miami is pretty deep at DT even with the switch back to a 4-3, no way they let coples pass them, imo

Not one DT on that roster though offers the skill set that Brockers does. Agreed though Coples is in play for them.

Ed
01-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Miami also seems to have a big hole at RT though too, so an OT isn't out of the question either. Or maybe a WR. With their new coach being an offensive guy and their defense already being pretty good, I could see them going offense with their first pick. If they bring in a new qb, or even if they don't, they're going to want to protect him and give him some weapons. So I could see OT and WR being needs also.

A lot will obviously depend on what some of these teams do in free agency too, but I think it's going to take quite a bit of luck to have Coples get past Jax, Miami, and Carolina.

kingJofNYC
01-31-2012, 11:09 AM
We have so many holes that we can use just about anyone.

WR, T, DE, OLB, CB.....pretty big list.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 01:10 PM
We have so many holes that we can use just about anyone.

WR, T, DE, OLB, CB.....pretty big list.

With going to the 4-3 they had better find some olbers. They need at least a couple unless you want to count on the small school wonders Batten and Moats. I see one in Barnett.

JCBills
01-31-2012, 01:15 PM
With going to the 4-3 they had better find some olbers. They need at least a couple unless you want to count on the small school wonders Batten and Moats. I see one in Barnett.

I find your steady hatred of small school players pretty funny.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
I find your steady hatred of small school players pretty funny.

Not hatred but the facts are the one's the Bills draft all suck. Do I need to name them over the last ten years.

go ahead and please name the good one's. I guess McGee when he wasn't injured was pretty good. Who else. McKelvin, Moats, Toup, Carrington, Batten,....

JCBills
01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Not hatred but the facts are the one's the Bills draft all suck. Do I need to name them over the last ten years.

go ahead and please name the good one's. I guess McGee when he wasn't injured was pretty good. Who else. McKelvin, Moats, Toup, Carrington, Batten,....

Just saying I think its a bit funny. A lot of players most teams draft end up sucking, that is why there are 7 rounds for 32 teams, with a handful of players each year ending up good.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Can't be blowing 1st, 2nd, 3rd rd picks on guys who come in not ready to play because of the jump in competition every year.

By the way, all Bills FREE AGENTS from years past, Peters, Greer, Wilson, Nelson. See if you can fiqure out what they all have in common.

JCBills
01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Can't be blowing 1st, 2nd, 3rd rd picks on guys who come in not ready to play because of the jump in competition every year.

By the way, all Bills FREE AGENTS from years past, Peters, Greer, Wilson, Nelson. See if you can fiqure out what they all have in common.

Doesn't really apply though. Greer took years to become an NFL quality CB after playing at Tenn. Peters was a shot in the dark project that worked. George Wilson is a converted WR from Arkansas. David Nelson was buried on Florida's depth chart.

That isn't any different than taking a chance on a smaller school player. They often end up at the school they are because, at that time, they weren't "ready" for this or that reason. Players can in fact develop, even facing lesser competition.

Same reason the names listed weren't stars in college, but have done well in the league, even at different positions. They developed.

It is one thing when you're talking 2 to 4 year starters that came to the league and played close to the level they did in college in a short time. Projects are projects regardless of where they come from.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 02:04 PM
The point is take a flyer on the best conference. They are there for a reason.
Thus Greer developed and is still in the league, Peters and Wilson switched positions and are both good, and Nelson looks to be a solid NFL wr.
And Stevie Johnson was a 7th rd. pick from Kentucky, our best wr.

go fiqure.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
i'm still waiting for thses projects to develop: McKelvin- 1st rd., Troup - 2nd rd., Carrington - 3rd rd., Moats and Batten 6th rd.

Maybe some will but I wouldn't bet on it.

JCBills
01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
The point is take a flyer on the best conference. They are there for a reason.
Thus Greer developed and is still in the league, Peters and Wilson switched positions and are both good, and Nelson looks to be a solid NFL wr.
And Stevie Johnson was a 7th rd. pick from Kentucky, our best wr.

go fiqure.

Right - but understand Stevie took the JuCo route. Why wasn't he at Kentucky from the start? He developed later.

Why wasn't Nelson Florida's #1? He developed later.

The Jokeman
01-31-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not a Tannehill fan but that's a fair mock based on need/value.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM
Right - but understand Stevie took the JuCo route. Why wasn't he at Kentucky from the start? He developed later.

Why wasn't Nelson Florida's #1? He developed later.

They have the talent to get to those schools, and sometimes like Nelson's case he was mostly overlooked because there is alot of talent at a school like Florida.
Why haven't our small school guys developed as of yet ? Think the competition/talent level jump is a little to much ?

JCBills
01-31-2012, 05:11 PM
They have the talent to get to those schools, and sometimes like Nelson's case he was mostly overlooked because there is alot of talent at a school like Florida.
Why haven't our small school guys developed as of yet ? Think the competition/talent level jump is a little to much ?

So, Jerry Rice must have just not had the talent to go to a big school?

Again, players develop at different times, and dismissing someone based on their school is simply ignorant.

X-Era
01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Weeden over Tannehill?

Seriously? There's like almost a decade in between them.
Yes. I like what I think he could do in our spread like system. The age doesn't both me. I think he ranks higher due to his accuracy and pocket presence.

YardRat
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Miami also seems to have a big hole at RT though too, so an OT isn't out of the question either. Or maybe a WR. With their new coach being an offensive guy and their defense already being pretty good, I could see them going offense with their first pick. If they bring in a new qb, or even if they don't, they're going to want to protect him and give him some weapons. So I could see OT and WR being needs also.

A lot will obviously depend on what some of these teams do in free agency too, but I think it's going to take quite a bit of luck to have Coples get past Jax, Miami, and Carolina.

The Bills are so high on Coples, they are just hoping he makes it past the first six picks. If he's still on the board around seven or eight don't be surprised if they move up into one of those two spots to take him, depending on what their intel on Miami, Jax and the Panthers reveals and as long as the asking price isn't an outright ass-raping.

k-oneputt
01-31-2012, 08:49 PM
So, Jerry Rice must have just not had the talent to go to a big school?

Again, players develop at different times, and dismissing someone based on their school is simply ignorant.

Ha ha. Jerry Rice. That was over 25 yrs ago. Way different situation with today's football and finding players.
Not saying there aren't some but more then not I will take a SEC player over a Sunbelt player.

Ed
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
The Bills are so high on Coples, they are just hoping he makes it past the first six picks. If he's still on the board around seven or eight don't be surprised if they move up into one of those two spots to take him, depending on what their intel on Miami, Jax and the Panthers reveals and as long as the asking price isn't an outright ass-raping.
I don't know. If the Jags really like Coples too they're unlikely to trade the pick away to let someone else get him.

JCBills
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Ha ha. Jerry Rice. That was over 25 yrs ago. Way different situation with today's football and finding players.
Not saying there aren't some but more then not I will take a SEC player over a Sunbelt player.

Not really, Colston went the same route. How's he doing? 6000+ yds and 48 TDs in 6 seasons.

I'm not saying it happens all the time either, just that your previous stance seemed to dismiss just about anyone that doesn't come from the SEC.

k-oneputt
02-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Not really, Colston went the same route. How's he doing? 6000+ yds and 48 TDs in 6 seasons.

I'm not saying it happens all the time either, just that your previous stance seemed to dismiss just about anyone that doesn't come from the SEC.

I'm not saying it happens all the time either. I would be happy if we just dismiss them in the first three rounds. How's that worked out for us ?
Colston has Brees, not bad.
What did Garcon do this year without Manning ?
You forgot Walter Payton going to Jackson St. in 1972.
You know where the Payton's, Rice's, Doug William's would be going to school today.........?

YardRat
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
1-As always its both, some picks are based on what Im hearing, some are just for fun, and some are based on a combination of the two

Nice answer, BTW.

"I'll take credit for being a genius for the right ones, and the wrong ones just pass off as ****s and giggles."

You're starting to get tuned in to the media bull****.

DraftBoy
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Nice answer, BTW.

"I'll take credit for being a genius for the right ones, and the wrong ones just pass off as ****s and giggles."

You're starting to get tuned in to the media bull****.

Not entirely...I've always been consistent. I only submit one mock a year to try and nail predictions with. It goes to The Huddle Report the night before the draft, that's the only mock I ever care about accuracy.

Too much emphasis is placed on making sure you can accurately perdict what a NFL team will do on Draft Day as opposed to be concerned about what a player is going to be in three years time. I prefer to scout in terms of long term projections, not short term predictions.

In the end though yes Ill take credit for the right ones :D

jamze132
02-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Yes. I like what I think he could do in our spread like system. The age doesn't both me. I think he ranks higher due to his accuracy and pocket presence.
You would get 2-3 years from Weeden before his legs fell off. it would take him that long to feel comfortable in the NFL. What a waste.

JCBills
02-03-2012, 09:02 AM

Spending an early pick on a guy you know you'll only have for a few years?

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Spending an early pick on a guy you know you'll only have for a few years?

If he's good and can actually contribute something I wouldn't be against a 3rd round pick. He would be way ahead of many of the past early rounders.

JCBills
02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
If he's good and can actually contribute something I wouldn't be against a 3rd round pick. He would be way ahead of many of the past early rounders.

Simply because he's older?

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Simply because he's older?

No, because he's good.

I would have more confidence in Weeden then Thigpen if Fitz goes down.

JCBills
02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
No, because he's good.

Good in college, yes. Hasn't played a snap in the league yet, so he's on the same page as every other rookie.

Bill Cody
02-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Both should be out IMO. How do you win with guys named Weeden and Thigpen?

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Good in college, yes. Hasn't played a snap in the league yet, so he's on the same page as every other rookie.

Wow, good analysis.

I knew Dareus was a starter the 1st day in camp, when did you fiqure that out.
Or are you one of those guys, "He has to earn it" when everyone in the organization knew he was starting day one and would be one of if not our best defensive player.

Another thing, all rookies are NOT on the same page. No matter what you think or what bs you want to believe that they feed the media to give to you.

JCBills
02-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Wow, good analysis.

I knew Dareus was a starter the 1st day in camp, when did you fiqure that out.
Or are you one of those guys, "He has to earn it" when everyone in the organization knew he was starting day one and would be one of if not our best defensive player.

Another thing, all rookies are NOT on the same page. No matter what you think or what bs you want to believe that they feed the media to give to you.

Now we're comparing Dareus, the #3 overall pick and hands down best DL in the draft, who has to learn a few gap assignments and stunts, to Weeden, a soon to be 29 year old early-mid rounder QB that will have to soak up an entire system to be effective?

Where does the media come into this?

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
You're the one that said he is on the same page as every other rookie, which is not true.
And yes I think Weeden would be an upgrade over Thigpen, which isn't saying much.
Weeden as a 3rd round pick is way ahead of a rookie arm from Edinboro. Remeber that bs ? Did that guy even come to camp ?

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 02:21 PM
The media is the one's giving you the "coachspeak" on how they have to earn their position over the stiff who's listed in front of him.
Everyone knew Dareus was starting day one.

JCBills
02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
You're the one that said he is on the same page as every other rookie, which is not true.
And yes I think Weeden would be an upgrade over Thigpen, which isn't saying much.
Weeden as a 3rd round pick is way ahead of a rookie arm from Edinboro. Remeber that bs ? Did that guy even come to camp ?

The difference between a QB and DL transitioning to the NFL is much more substantial than you seem to think.

I'm not sure what could put Weeden ahead of any other QB considering none of them have seen a playbook. Colt Brennan was good in college too. Why isn't he starting? Jimmy Clausen? Ryan Leaf?

JCBills
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
The media is the one's giving you the "coachspeak" on how they have to earn their position over the stiff who's listed in front of him.
Everyone knew Dareus was starting day one.

When did I say this? I'm not sure where this is going.

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 04:53 PM
The difference between a QB and DL transitioning to the NFL is much more substantial than you seem to think.

I'm not sure what could put Weeden ahead of any other QB considering none of them have seen a playbook. Colt Brennan was good in college too. Why isn't he starting? Jimmy Clausen? Ryan Leaf?

If Weeden did get drafted by the Bills, he would be right behind Fitz. By week two.

Breenan was a late rd pick who was a marginal prospect at best. Think Kellen Moore.
Leaf started 1st NFL game he played.
The point is all rookies are not on the same page coming in as you say. You are wrong.

k-oneputt
02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
When did I say this? I'm not sure where this is going.

That was from another expert around here.
Coaches have to play the game but they knew Dareus was starting day one.
Remember the qb competition between Losman and Holcomb ? Yeah, some competition.

JCBills
02-04-2012, 08:12 PM
If Weeden did get drafted by the Bills, he would be right behind Fitz. By week two.

Breenan was a late rd pick who was a marginal prospect at best. Think Kellen Moore.
Leaf started 1st NFL game he played.
The point is all rookies are not on the same page coming in as you say. You are wrong.

Probably, because Thigpen isn't anything to write home about.

Your argument was simply "because he's good." I named some other "good" college QBs that went on to have no NFL success. Your argument was very one dimensional, and was easily deflated with a handful of names.

Leaf started because of where he was drafted, then became known as one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

You don't know where Weeden stands is my point. You're still basing it on age, if not, then I have no idea what.

When looked at within the context of QBs as it was being discussed, just about every rookie QB out there is on the same page until they hit the practice field and get a crack at the system. Some have exceptional physical and/or mental talent that allows them to succeed early on, and when both are paired, usually after a few seasons, they excel. Do we know what will happen with any of these QBs? Absolutely not.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-04-2012, 10:12 PM
bottom line- the chance a player fails coming from the sec is substantially lower compared to smaller schools.

do you have small school guys that make it? yes, but not to the level that sec guys make it. if im laying down a bet, im taking the sec guy everytime...

6 straight bcs titles is for a reason...

2012 MOCK DRAFT
1 COURTNEY UPSHAW DE sec
2 RONNELL LEWIS OLB
3 BRANDON BOYKIN CB sec
4 MATT REYNOLDS OT
4 MARQUIS MAZE WR sec
5 JERRY FRANKLIN ILB sec
5 DEQUAN MENZIE CB sec
6 BRANDON TAYLOR SS sec
7 RYAN BAKER OLB sec