PDA

View Full Version : Get with the program, Buddy

Mr. Miyagi
01-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Stop wasting your time on the Sanborns and Urbiks and Rineharts. Getting Stevie and Freddie signed should be top priority. It feels like he's procrastinating on the big chores, wiping down the counter and putting away the papers just to put off having to clean out the garage.

mrbojanglezs
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
number 1: stop blaming buddy, overdorf does the negotiations

number 2: if its at an impasse and nothing is getting done with stevie its better to be productive and get others signed

kingJofNYC
01-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Freddie's already signed, I think retaining Urbik is a bit more important at the moment than extending someone who already has a contract.

OpIv37
01-30-2012, 11:36 AM
number 1: stop blaming buddy, overdorf does the negotiations

number 2: if its at an impasse and nothing is getting done with stevie its better to be productive and get others signed

Um, Buddy's the GM. Overdorf doesn't negotiate unless Buddy tells him to. Stop trying to pass the buck. Buddy has been teetering between terrible and incompetent since arriving here.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Um, Buddy's the GM. Overdorf doesn't negotiate unless Buddy tells him to. Stop trying to pass the buck. Buddy has been teetering between terrible and incompetent since arriving here.

Actually we don't know that. Remmeber Overdorf does far more than just negotiate contracts.

Ed
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Just because you're not included in the front office discussions and day to day activities doesn't mean that Buddy Nix is procrastinating.

mrbojanglezs
01-30-2012, 11:44 AM

Im not passing anything it is just how it is. Overdorf has been ralph's bean counter for YEARS.

Buddy DOES NOT NEGOTIATE he may give recommendations to overdorf to how much he thinks a player is worth but in terms of actually getting the deal done, that is overdorf.

THATHURMANATOR
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Fred Jackson is signed Miyagi... WTF...

THATHURMANATOR
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't rush Stevie either. Tons of Wrs out there. We can always Franchise if need be.

OpIv37
01-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Actually we don't know that. Remmeber Overdorf does far more than just negotiate contracts.

So then, who exactly is in charge?

Ed
01-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Here's a quote from Buddy's press conference:

I’m not limited except by the cap. Nobody’s told me, nobody’s ever told me you can’t do this or you can’t do that. There are a lot of things that go into it as I’m sure you guys know. One of them is, and the thing that I ask our cap people, Jeff Littmann and Jim Overdorf, the thing I ask them is if we sign this guy for this amount then is it going to cost us this player and this player. That’s kind of the way I try to make my decision. Are we going to be able to keep the core and important guys or are we just going to get this guy and can’t get anybody else.

Buddy is in charge, but he doesn't get involved in the details of contract negotiating.

DesertFox24
01-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Because Buddy is not on the phone with the agent does not mean he is not involved in the conversations. Do you honestly think other teams GMs actually get into the minutia of finalizing contracts.

I bet Buddy tells Jim ok try to get him for X, and then Jim reports back saying they will not do it for less than Y ok do it or do not do it.

Seriously Buddy is not a lawyer and he is letting his guy handle the deal but he is telling them what he will and will not accept.

tampabay25690
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM
From what I know Freddie is still a Buffalo Bill???
Lets give the guy sometime on the Johnson front, maybe they are moving in another direction with a #1 WR via FA........
If thats the case bye bye Stevie and welcome in a guy like Bowe, or V Jackson....

Mr. Miyagi
01-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Freddie needs to get extended. It's a diss to let him sit on the contract year when he's by far our best player when he's on the field.

I don't want to take one step forward and one step back by signing an FA WR then let Stevie walk. That's not improving the team.

Get the big pieces in place then work on the little ones, not the other way around.

DBrown77
01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Ok guys the season isnt even over yet...lets relax...

How many key players have been signed by their own teams? I dont think any.

So the does the criticism go to every teams GM right now or are Joe Fans on this message board getting their panties in a bunch?

better days
01-30-2012, 02:45 PM

Buddy has said that he makes the football decisions but Overdorf handles the contracts. In other words, Nix decides if the Bills want to resign a player & if they do, it is up to Overdorf to get the deal done.

Jan Reimers
01-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Ralph, and that's what should worry us all.:help!:

Bert102176
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM
IF you bring in a new guy like Bowe or Jackson who is to say they will be in sink with Fitz like Stevie is, just because you sign a big name guy doesn't mean he will do **** here, if he isn't insink with the QB, Fitz and Johnson work well together y screw that up, the Bills FO has to stop being cheap a-holes and do what is best for this team, and prove to us fans we are more then just a breeding ground of talent for other teams. Miyagi IS RIGHT

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Buddy has said that he makes the football decisions but Overdorf handles the contracts. In other words, Nix decides if the Bills want to resign a player & if they do, it is up to Overdorf to get the deal done.

That's not entirely true, remeber it was Overdorf who negotiated the Evans trade not Nix.

Buddo
01-30-2012, 05:28 PM
That's not entirely true, remeber it was Overdorf who negotiated the Evans trade not Nix.

Which is pretty much semantics, as Evans would not have been traded without Nix's say so.

While signing Johnson should be a priority, we have no idea what is going on with that atm. We do know that Stevie has just said he's cutting out the celebrations, so maybe we will be hearing more on that front in the not too distant.

Fred Jackson knows what the situation is, and Nix has also said in his season wrap up, that Jackson's situation will be addressed, but that when it happens, is not anything to be concerned about, as Jackson is still under contract. If the people involved in it are ok and understanding about it, wtf has it to do with anyone else?

Urbik is an RFA, so he's not necessarily a major issue either. Same with Rhinehart.

DraftBoy
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Which is pretty much semantics, as Evans would not have been traded without Nix's say so.

While signing Johnson should be a priority, we have no idea what is going on with that atm. We do know that Stevie has just said he's cutting out the celebrations, so maybe we will be hearing more on that front in the not too distant.

Fred Jackson knows what the situation is, and Nix has also said in his season wrap up, that Jackson's situation will be addressed, but that when it happens, is not anything to be concerned about, as Jackson is still under contract. If the people involved in it are ok and understanding about it, wtf has it to do with anyone else?

Urbik is an RFA, so he's not necessarily a major issue either. Same with Rhinehart.

Not quite semantics, giving approval to a trade and negotiating a trade are two very different things.

better days
01-30-2012, 06:30 PM

Exactly. Nix made the decision to trade Evans & Overdorf did the work of getting it done.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Exactly. Nix made the decision to trade Evans & Overdorf did the work of getting it done.

I still dont get why anyone cared bout that. Boldin got traded for a 3rd and 4th. Now Boldin is a top 5 WR, Evans yardage went from 1000 yds, to 612, 578, and now 74 yds. People say we didnt use him right, BUT REALLY! He was fast, thats all he was! Josh Reed had around the same yardage his last few years and was very good on 3rd down, and yet everyone wanted him gone not carring what we got. We got a 4th for Evans, he was one of the highest paid bills, actually i think the highest paid. He couldnt run routes and couldnt do more than run in a strait line. How in the hell does anyone think we did bad on that deal? David Nelson had the same exact type of year as Evans, 500 yds 5 tds. Yet if we traded him for a 4th would anyone be mad? No

better days
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I still dont get why anyone cared bout that. Boldin got traded for a 3rd and 4th. Now Boldin is a top 5 WR, Evans yardage went from 1000 yds, to 612, 578, and now 74 yds. People say we didnt use him right, BUT REALLY! He was fast, thats all he was! Josh Reed had around the same yardage his last few years and was very good on 3rd down, and yet everyone wanted him gone not carring what we got. We got a 4th for Evans, he was one of the highest paid bills, actually i think the highest paid. He couldnt run routes and couldnt do more than run in a strait line. How in the hell does anyone think we did bad on that deal? David Nelson had the same exact type of year as Evans, 500 yds 5 tds. Yet if we traded him for a 4th would anyone be mad? No

Well, I have to admit I was mad when the trade went down, but I'm HAPPY to have that extra 4th now.

Beebe
01-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Buddy or Overdorf who ever just sign Stevie please I just purchased he's jersey in October so stay the fans need you here.

jamze132
01-31-2012, 06:18 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hdDfz3pI2EQ/TUNSGqOZBYI/AAAAAAAAAxc/ejCDnMzdOVA/s1600/spaceballs_large_13.jpg