• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I'm getting a really bad feeling....

That Stevie Johnson will leave, we'll sign Vincent Jackson to replace him, and the only other "improvements" to our roster will be via the draft.

Maybe it's premature, but I don't trust this team to be both active and successful in FA.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: I'm getting a really bad feeling....

i think it's even worse. i can see stevie leaving, and getting absolutely nothing in return.... but i hope i'm wrong.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

yeah i think kscdog has it pegged
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        That Stevie Johnson will leave, we'll sign Vincent Jackson to replace him, and the only other "improvements" to our roster will be via the draft.

Maybe it's premature, but I don't trust this team to be both active and successful in FA.
        On the topic of Jackson, I don't agree with signing him and letting Stevie go. Jackson is 29 Stevie is still only 26. That is a huge difference in the NFL.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
          On the topic of Jackson, I don't agree with signing him and letting Stevie go. Jackson is 29 Stevie is still only 26. That is a huge difference in the NFL.
          I agree. It's a mild improvement at best- Jackson is a better WR, but he's also even more of a headcase (if you can believe that) and he is older.

I'd LOVE to get both but I just don't see Ralph shelling out that much dough for one position.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

when did you ever get a good feeling anyways?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Do we really even need a WR the way Fitzpatrick threw in the last 2/3rds of the season?

This would be a great way to save some money - Ralph will love it.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cleve
                Do we really even need a WR the way Fitzpatrick threw in the last 2/3rds of the season?

This would be a great way to save some money - Ralph will love it.
                well, I'd like to see an upgrade to Fitz but there is just no way that happens. All the QB's that are likely to be upgrades in the draft will be gone long before our turn.

And the only one available in a trade/FA will be Peyton Manning. With his age, Manning would be a short-term solution, but more importantly, if we did sign him, there is NO WAY Ralph would also shell out big bucks for anyone else. Translation: we'd have Bell and Hairston at LT protecting him and he's be thowing to Parrish, Roosevelt and Nelson. Even Peyton Manning can't win in that situation.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

This is probably just reading into nothing but Stevie is always repping the bills and bills fans on his twitter account. I'm not sure if a player who knew/wanted to leave would be doing that. Sure they still need to agree on a number but I think he wants to be here. Thats just my take.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

OP, irsay is saying that the colts may be looking at RGIII as well. you never know what other teams have moron scouts as well. i know it's totally unlikely, but can you imagine if luck didn't go as the top pick?

what kind of panic would ensue to every team's draft boards and who would be the team to go all trades out to get luck.

totally implausible, yet i couldn't believe irsay didn't just sign off on luck at this point.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      OP, irsay is saying that the colts may be looking at RGIII as well. you never know what other teams have moron scouts as well. i know it's totally unlikely, but can you imagine if luck didn't go as the top pick?

what kind of panic would ensue to every team's draft boards and who would be the team to go all trades out to get luck.

totally implausible, yet i couldn't believe irsay didn't just sign off on luck at this point.
                      I see that as owner/GM speak to try to throw other teams off. Also, given the Colts' success over the years, I highly doubt their scouts are as incompetent as ours.

It's irrelevant anyway, because Luck and RGIII will both be gone long before our pick regardless if the Colts take one or trade the pick.

Just for ****s and grins, though, I'd love to see them take RGIII and watch the chaos ensue.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Johnson is hitting his prime years, Jackson is at his peak and is likely to decline in a couple of years. Need to keep Steve and build around him, we need two WRs.
                        Last edited by kingJofNYC; 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I see that as owner/GM speak to try to throw other teams off. Also, given the Colts' success over the years, I highly doubt their scouts are as incompetent as ours.

It's irrelevant anyway, because Luck and RGIII will both be gone long before our pick regardless if the Colts take one or trade the pick.

Just for ****s and grins, though, I'd love to see them take RGIII and watch the chaos ensue.
                          LOL one year without Peyton they win 2 games. Hilarious that you think they are great. Bill Polian got fired for having a crappy defense, no running game, horrible OL, and no Peyton backup.

Polian built the team around Peyton and kept sacrificing the defense for offense and never built a balanced team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC
                            Johnson is hitting his prime years, Jackson is at his peak and is likely to decline in a couple of years. Need to keep Steve and build around him, we need two WRs.
                            and that's exactly why I'm getting a bad feeling. I just don't trust this FO to keep Stevie and also pay a true #1 or at least a 1b to Stevie's 1a. We're just not going to get anywhere with our current crop of WR's and I don't think the FO sees it the same way.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cleve
                              • Oct 2004

I know, I know. We're stuck right now.

We need something for the long term - not a one season quick fix like Peyton Manning - and I'm not even sure that a great like Peyton will be worth the price he commands if he can even play football this fall (which is still uncertain). After a full season on the sidelines, he may never recover his skills 100%.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                              X