PDA

View Full Version : Stevie to put end to TD displays

BLeonard
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/01/30/stevie-to-put-end-to-td-displays/

Bills WR Stevie Johnson, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent come mid-March without a new contract agreement with Buffalo, appeared on a Sacramento radio station late last week and said he will not be doing touchdown celebrations moving forward.

Appearing on 1140 SportsRadio the FAN in Sacramento, Johnson said the TD displays are behind him now.

“Honestly there are things that I will change and things that will stay the same,” said Johnson. ”My fight and the way I go about the game that’s going to stay the same. When I put those pads on and I get on the field I want to win and try to dominate. As far as the extra antics, with over-celebrating I feel like I did that to try to get on in the league and make a name for myself and let people know about Stevie Johnson.

“I feel like I have the attention now so now it’s time to take the next step. That’s trying to be a Pro Bowl receiver and trying to get a team to the playoffs. I’ve been playing this game just to try to make my name relevant coming from being a seventh-round pick, working from scout team to being a starting receiver. Now I feel I’ve got that spot as number one, number two receiver and now I’m trying to take that next step in going to an elite receiver.”

-Bill

JCBills
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Well, he's going about it well, and honestly. Let's hope they re-sign him and he sticks to his word.

Ed
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
That's good to hear. When Chan said at the end of the season that he wanted Stevie back, but with stipulations, I'm assuming he meant that he didn't want to see anymore celebrations. I wasn't sure how Stevie would react to that, but it sounds like it's not an issue for him. This should only help with negotiations.

Cali512
01-30-2012, 06:26 PM
I have a feeling this will be takin all out of perportion (spelled it wrong ik). People need to look at a friend around 26 they know and how they act. Stevie Johnson was a 7th round pick, he didnt get they hype or recognition that, say, a Dez Bryant/Crabtree/AJ Green got. Not only that even with that hype Dez, Crabtree, and AJ all had character concerns coming out. Even though they had there name out they still had some issues primarily Bryant. Its understandable how a 7th round WR whos full of personality will do certain "childish" behavior. Apparently he got what he wanted, he finally got the recognition he wanted. Now he just needs to not f it up

Skooby
01-30-2012, 07:12 PM
I hope Stevie stays aboard & realizes that we love him enjoying himself. We want success just not at the price of field position, these antics are bush league at best.

SabreEleven
01-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Why don't he make a name for himself by catching big TD's and having some class instead of being known as getting 15 yard penalties and dropping big plays? The Bills do have to resign him because they have nobody else. He is the typical NFL WR. It's all about me.