PDA

View Full Version : Bills add two to the coaching staff

YardRat
01-30-2012, 04:51 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/AP43634a38834b438e8ecfe0b0997b95d1.html

The Buffalo Bills reshaped their coaching staff Monday by adding Andrew Dees and Eric Thatcher, and reassigning Bob Bicknell, Bob Sanders, and Adrian White.

Dees becomes the team's assistant offensive line coach, and Thatcher will serve as the new defensive quality control coach. They both will make their NFL coaching debut with Buffalo.

Bicknell will coach receivers after coaching tight ends this past season, and White will be the assistant defensive backs coach after serving as the defensive quality control coach since 2008.

Sanders will take over as linebackers coach after coaching just the outside linebackers.

The Bills only need a tight ends coach to complete the staff.

JCBills
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Reich TE coach anyone?

BLeonard
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Reich TE coach anyone?

I have to think Metzelaars would be a better option there...

-Bill

JCBills
01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
I have to think Metzelaars would be a better option there...

-Bill

Either or could work.

Clearly Metz played TE and Reich was a QB, but Metz coached Indy's OL, and Reich coached Indy's WRs. Maybe one would lean more towards the pass-catching aspect, whereas the other would be more blocking focused or balanced. Who knows. Just sayin'.

The Jokeman
01-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Either or could work.

Clearly Metz played TE and Reich was a QB, but Metz coached Indy's OL, and Reich coached Indy's WRs. Maybe one would lean more towards the pass-catching aspect, whereas the other would be more blocking focused or balanced. Who knows. Just sayin'.
If the Bills plan on letting Bell walk in UFA and hoping to repalce him with Hairston than we're going to need our TE to block. Metzelaars if had my choice.

TigerJ
01-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd like the idea of hiring Metzelaars. He may not have any connections with Gailey though, and that seems to be important to Chan.

Anyone know about Dees' coaching history?