Kelly and Marino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Static
    The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
    • Jul 2005

Kelly and Marino

I wonder how Marino and Kelly handle this time of year. Everyone always asking them how it feels to make it and not win. Marino got there so early in his career thinking he would be back. Kelly making it to 4 and not to get one win.

You have to be proud of the accomplishments they made, they both had great careers. Should they be thought less of cause they didn't win it all?
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Kelly and Marino

Eh, it sucks that neither won the big one...both were great QBs...I actually edge Marino because he carried their offense with no running game. Kelly had Thomas around to share the offensive burden.

However, it doesn't detract what either one did on the field over the course of their careers just because they didn't win the big one. Fran Tarkenton was great too and he never won the big one. I don't think anyone, except Viking fans, care that he never won the big game anymore.

Meanwhile guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett have rings.

It's a nice cherry on the sundae for guys like Brees, Brady, Montana, Young and Manning but all would be thought of as a great QBs even if they didn't win one or more.

Comment

• Static
      The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
      Eh, it sucks that neither won the big one...both were great QBs...I actually edge Marino because he carried their offense with no running game. Kelly had Thomas around to share the offensive burden.

However, it doesn't detract what either one did on the field over the course of their careers just because they didn't win the big one. Fran Tarkenton was great too and he never won the big one. I don't think anyone, except Viking fans, care that he never won the big game anymore.

Meanwhile guys like Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett have rings.

It's a nice cherry on the sundae for guys like Brees, Brady, Montana, Young and Manning but all would be thought of as a great QBs even if they didn't win one or more.
      I agree, but it seems every year those two get singled out as not winning the big one.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Static
        I agree, but it seems every year those two get singled out as not winning the big one.

In 20 years it will be other guys who get singled out...

Vick, Rivers as 2 examples.

There just really isn't anyone else to put in with them in recent history basically.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Don't forget Romo.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Static
            I wonder how Marino and Kelly handle this time of year. Everyone always asking them how it feels to make it and not win. Marino got there so early in his career thinking he would be back. Kelly making it to 4 and not to get one win
            Marino talked about this recently:

Originally posted by Dan Marino
            It doesn't bother me as much, but there's no doubt that that's the one thing in my life and in sports, just feeling what that would be like. There's no doubt that there's sometimes I think about that, even today. When I'm watching the Super Bowl, that's going to be coming into my mind for sure. That's just part of life, man. I never had that feeling, and that's the feeling you want to have as a player as you've worked your whole life.

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
              And Rob Johnson! LOL

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                And Rob Johnson! LOL
                Heh - a lot of folks think that RJ was just a clip board carrier on the 'Bucs SB team - but he played ok as a back-up for them:

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                  Retired (mostly)
                  • Mar 2003

Some all-time great players never even reached Super Bowl

Including Barry Sanders!!

But to play
                  that’s the thing
                  shut up and deal
                  ~ Jesse May

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy
                    Heh - a lot of folks think that RJ was just a clip board carrier on the 'Bucs SB team - but he played ok as a back-up for them:
                    He did? Look at his numbers.

High completion percentage (64.8%). Only 6.1 Yds/Att.

19 sacks compared to 88 attempts, an astounding number and the story of his career. The guy took a sack once every 4 times he dropped back, or about once every series.

For comparison, Brad Johnson took 21 sacks against 451 attempts that year with the same team.

RJ sucked donkey balls. The only thing he cared about was his completion percentage.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I'm sure they're all dying inside as they check their bank accounts...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I was just going to say I'm sure they cry themselves to sleep in their piles of money.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Bledsoe of recent retirees.

Plenty of great QBs never won one, some never even went.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Bledsoe won a superbowl with New England.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                              He did? Look at his numbers.

High completion percentage (64.8%). Only 6.1 Yds/Att.

19 sacks compared to 88 attempts, an astounding number and the story of his career. The guy took a sack once every 4 times he dropped back, or about once every series.

For comparison, Brad Johnson took 21 sacks against 451 attempts that year with the same team.

RJ sucked donkey balls. The only thing he cared about was his completion percentage.
                              And BUF traded for him. We all know his proclivities, assets, faults. Old news. Coming to a team to share time with the backbiter Flutie, and dysfunctional top management. I'm not championing him; what makes you think that I did?

I don't think you read the link to where it spoke of his championship season with the Bucs. Which was what I was talking about. Like it or not, he helped getting that team into the playoffs.
                              Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-31-2012, 03:58 PM.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X