PDA

View Full Version : Five for the Hall

Coach Sal
02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I have a blog now at the WGR website. Not sure what they were thinking allowing me to do this :) So, here's my first post. It's who I would vote for given this year's HOF Finalists (only 5 allowed).

What do you agree or disagree with?

http://wgr550.com/pages/12158129.php?contentType=4&contentId=9894527

Lone Stranger
02-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I have no problem with your selections; however, I think that Parcells is going to sneak in.

YardRat
02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I still think, unless in the very unlikely event they vote in more than one, that Brown or Carter get in before Reed. If you look back on the HOF All-Decade teams, just about everybody (especially on offense) that were voted to those teams eventually got into the HOF. Brown and Carter were both selected for them, Reed never was.

I would put in Roaf over Shields, and I'm also afraid the Tuna will be inducted. Dawson should've been in long before this.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS RAY GUY ?!?!?!

YardRat
02-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I still think, unless in the very unlikely event they vote in more than one, that Brown or Carter get in before Reed. If you look back on the HOF All-Decade teams, just about everybody (especially on offense) that were voted to those teams eventually got into the HOF. Brown and Carter were both selected for them, Reed never was.

I would put in Roaf over Shields, and I'm also afraid the Tuna will be inducted. Dawson should've been in long before this.

Hell, check out the link Sal provided in the blog...Carter, Roaf, and Dawson are the only first team offensive players not inducted yet, and Brown is a second teamer.

Historian
02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Bettis will get in because he's on TV. :puke:

Parcells and DeBartolo deserve enshrinement, as does Cortez Kennedy eventually.

Coach Sal
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Bettis will get in because he's on TV. :puke:

Parcells and DeBartolo deserve enshrinement, as does Cortez Kennedy eventually.

I think they all deserve enshrinement, too. Maybe everyone on this list deserves it.

But they all can't go in this year, obviously.

stuckincincy
02-02-2012, 04:08 PM

Yup. Class guy, unlike Reed.

Coach Sal
02-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Yup. Class guy, unlike Reed.

Huh? What the hell does that mean?

SABURZFAN
02-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Huh? What the hell does that mean?

he probably heard the cocaine stories in the bathroom of Mickey Rats too.

CuseJetsFan83
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
if i had the chance to make any bets on the 5 getting in i'd have to say its

curtis martin, bill parcells, andre reed, shields/dawson (only 1 not both), and brown or carter... i'd lean to tim brown though...

SABURZFAN
02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
my 5...

Martin
Parcells
Carter
Dawson
Shields

BuffaloBlitz83
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Reed
Parcells
Tim brown
Martin
Dawson

Albany,n.y.
02-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Parcells is the greatest coach of the past 25 years. He had no HOF QBs to work with & turned around 4 teams. His 1st won 2 Super Bowls with Simms & his backup, Hostetler his 2nd team went from the worst when he got there to a Super Bowl with Bledsoe, his 3rd team went from worst when he got there to the AFC championship game with Testaverde and he was able to take over a Dallas team that went 5-11 3 straight years and get them to the playoffs twice & only have 1 losing season in 4 years there with a washed up Bledsoe & a young Romo.
Almost every other elite coach of his era rode the coattails of a HOF QB and nobody in recent times, if ever, has turned around 4 teams. Most of the best coaches won in 1 place & then didn't when they tried to cash in on past glory-Johnson, Shannahan to name 2. Some have been successful in 2 stints. But 3 or 4? Parcells is well deserving of an easy path to the HOF & would have been in years ago if he had just stayed retired.

Night Train
02-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Reed has a good shot, since he was in the final discussion over Brown & Carter the last couple of years and it's not a huge year for 1st time players.

Reed was a ***** to fans and don't try and tell me differtent, since I saw it first hand. He's started to improve with the HOF in his dreams and mellowing with age, I'm guessing.

alohabillsfan
02-03-2012, 04:39 AM
why dont you list them here?