PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning in 2012

Mr. Miyagi
02-01-2012, 03:10 PM
We all heard rumors and hearsays and interpretations of who said what. Where do you think Peyton Manning will end up in the 2012 season?

Skooby
02-01-2012, 03:24 PM
J-E-T-S, they'll take a chance & they steal $ from the rest of the state.

Pinkerton Security
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
i dont think there's any way they ditch Sanchez for a beat up and 36 year old Peyton...he could mentor him but i dont think thats what Peyton is looking for at this stage.

stuckincincy
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
We all heard rumors and hearsays and interpretations of who said what. Where do you think Peyton Manning will end up in the 2012 season?

The 1st ring of Dante's Hell. With hope he will descend further...

BLeonard
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Gotta go with the Tennessee Titans.

All of the changes in Indianapolis tell me that they are starting a "new regime" and Peyton isn't a part of it. I don't think Manning would go to the powder keg that is the New York Jets, nor do I think he'd go to Miami, because they are starting anew, similar to the Colts. Washington might happen, but the NFC East is pretty rough with the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles lying in wait.

IMO, Tennessee makes the most sense, for the following reasons:

1: They don't really have an established QB there. They've got Locker for the future, but could easily decide to sit him for a couple years, allowing him to learn behind Manning.

2: Tennessee is in the same division as the Colts. Meaning, Manning is familiar with the Texans, Jags and Colts already. On top of that, the AFC South is a relatively weak division, so it should be a much easier path to the playoffs than say, Washington would be. Plus, each of the teams in the AFC South plays in a warm weather city, or has a roof on their stadium.

3: Manning went to college at Tennessee. Not that it'd ba a major factor, but it's certainly worth mentioning that he does have connections to the state.

IMO, Tennessee makes a lot of sense, for a lot of different reasons.

-Bill

Stewie
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
If he can play, my bet is he goes home to Tennessee. I don't think he'll be able to do it.

generalmills
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, dealing oil and gas stocks in N.O.

Syderick
02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Back with the Colts

Typ0
02-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I predict he comes here. They will give him a decent paycheck supplemented by the Colts. There will be a big parade sponsored by Ralph. Ticket sales will Skyrocket to all time highs prior to the season. The night before the opener he will be placed on IR.

YardRat
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Rehabbing, but if he does have a contract this season I agree with those who singled out Tennessee.

Cali512
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Someone needs to explain this to me totally. Peyton Mannings last time he played he had 4,700 yds and 33 TDs. Why is everyone acting like every teams QB is better than him!!!

YardRat
02-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Someone needs to explain this to me totally. Peyton Mannings last time he played he had 4,700 yds and 33 TDs. Why is everyone acting like every teams QB is better than him!!!

I think it's more about Manning not returning to Indy and having his choice of where he'd want to play.

Night Train
02-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Sounds like his arm is still weak and he needs another year to see if he can make a comeback in 2013.

better days
02-02-2012, 08:24 AM

Well, the last time he played was over a year ago & he has an injury NO QB has ever had & played again. Manning will most likely never play again, that is the reason EVERY teams QB is NOW better than Manning.

ddaryl
02-02-2012, 08:39 AM

the nerves that travel to his arm post surgery are causing him to not be able to put much zip on the ball.

that's a huge problem for a QB about to make a $28 million roster bonus

not sure how much of a pay cut Peyton would take to keep his career going at this point. The fact he had a couple of disc fused tells me the guy should retire

Bruce is Loose
02-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Arizona... which will sway me to keep Larry Fitz in fantasy

Canadian'eh!
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I just have this feeling Baltimore will make this happen somehow.

better days
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I just have this feeling Baltimore will make this happen somehow.

I did not know the Ravens had the power to heal.

clumping platelets
02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
He's done. 3 surgeries on his neck? He likely had multiple disk bulges/herniations.....I've been trying to rehab the same thing for nearly 3 yrs but without the surgery

Jaydog57
02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
According to this he has been cleared to play.

"Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The sources said Watkins examined Manning recently in Los Angeles and concluded the stability in his neck would have allowed the quarterback to play this Sunday if the nerves in his arm had regenerated to a satisfactory performance level."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7534274/sources-peyton-manning-medically-cleared-resume-nfl-career

Oaf
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Colts + Luck trade.

TigerJ
02-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Arizona

NOT THE DUDE...
02-03-2012, 06:36 AM
BUFFALO!!!!!!!! TOWN WOULD GO CRAZY!!