PDA

View Full Version : MSKI GDT: Rangers @ Sabres

Skooby
02-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Physically speaking, we need big action.

Go Sabres !!

PTI
02-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I mean, the effort is crazy in the 3rd period.

Crisis
02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
i forgot what a team with heart looked like!

PTI
02-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Still look better shorthanded and 5 on 5 though............man that PP needs help.

PTI
02-01-2012, 09:01 PM
A good team wins the game right there at the end on that PP. Maybe they can get a quick on in the first 22 seconds.

Crisis
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
heartbreaking loss

please keep this effort up rest of season, i can stand to watch them lose if they play like that.

they just ran into the best goaltender in the NHL

Electrici
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Yup, that one stinks. Good game to watch though.

SkateZilla
02-01-2012, 09:37 PM
that had to be one of the best games i've seen them play on TV this season., lol

i even heard the crowd over the PbP guys... and thats a first.

More Importantly we got a pt, so lets keep the points streak alive and start a new win streak!

Skooby
02-01-2012, 10:24 PM
that had to be one of the best games i've seen them play on TV this season., lol

i even heard the crowd over the PbP guys... and thats a first.

More Importantly we got a pt, so lets keep the points streak alive and start a new win streak!

Yeah, this loss was bearable because we played hard.

clumping platelets
02-01-2012, 10:27 PM
That was a solid effort. Lundqvist was the difference. I believe we had better chances overall.

Ennis boarding? :wtf: That was a horrible call......well, Torts was whining for a call for 2 periods

OpIv37
02-02-2012, 06:14 AM
That was very frustrating. It was the best effort I've seen from the Sabres all year and it STILL resulted in a loss.

SabreEleven
02-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Too bad the talent didn't match the effort.

OpIv37
02-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Too bad the talent didn't match the effort.

I know it's been said over and over again, but Leino, Boyes and Roy SUCK. All 3 had multiple scoring opportunities and none of them could convert.

SpillerThrills
02-02-2012, 09:19 AM
I blame the goal posts for the loss.... if they hadn't gotten in the way then we would have won like 3-0!!!!! :banghead: :biggrin: :chuckle:

SkateZilla
02-02-2012, 09:25 AM
That was a solid effort. Lundqvist was the difference. I believe we had better chances overall.

Ennis boarding? :wtf: That was a horrible call......well, Torts was whining for a call for 2 periods

the Hi-sticking call was BS too, the rangers player cut in front of ennis and then got smacked by air... and he grabbed his face and faked it, stick never touched his face....

nice torts nice... teach your players to dive... see how far that gets your team...
maybe that's why vinnie and martin stopped playing for you.

SkateZilla
02-02-2012, 09:30 AM
I blame the goal posts for the loss.... if they hadn't gotten in the way then we would have won like 3-0!!!!! :banghead: :biggrin: :chuckle:

yeah,

in the 3rd period, as soon as the clock was down to 8 minutes we completely took over for like 4 minutes.... hit multiple posts, .. Roy.. Boyes.. Pominville... and 1 or 2 more, then again ennis in the shootout.

and the one post NY hits goes in.

if they continue to play like this, that 9 point gap will be gone quick.

JD
02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Best effort all year.. it was the first time I almost stroked out this year from stress, missed that feeling.

Cleve
02-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Even though they lost, they won back some respect from the fans. Miller played very very well to get a shut out for 65 minutes against one of the top teams in the NHL. The guys played hard. Took a lot of shoot out rounds to end it too. Sabres made the Rangers respect them.

They've been playing much better in these two games since the All-Star break. Please, keep it up, fellas! I really, really REALLY want to like the Sabres. :)

OpIv37
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Even though they lost, they won back some respect from the fans. Miller played very very well to get a shut out for 65 minutes against one of the top teams in the NHL. The guys played hard. Took a lot of shoot out rounds to end it too. Sabres made the Rangers respect them.

They've been playing much better in these two games since the All-Star break. Please, keep it up, fellas! I really, really REALLY want to like the Sabres. :)

Oh, but this is the setup.

They grind out a win before the break, then they get some time to recoup, and win one and get 1 point out of the other one, taking 5 of the last 6 points. And the hapless Islanders are next on the schedule. So, maybe there's a glimmer of hope...

But, this is where they ALWAYS let us down. They'll come out and get their asses kicked and remind us why we were so hard on the team. It's how it always goes with Buffalo teams, particularly with this heartless version of the Sabres.

Skooby
02-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Oh, but this is the setup.

They grind out a win before the break, then they get some time to recoup, and win one and get 1 point out of the other one, taking 5 of the last 6 points. And the hapless Islanders are next on the schedule. So, maybe there's a glimmer of hope...

But, this is where they ALWAYS let us down. They'll come out and get their asses kicked and remind us why we were so hard on the team. It's how it always goes with Buffalo teams, particularly with this heartless version of the Sabres.

Points count regardless.