PDA

View Full Version : Could the first three picks in the draft for Buffalo...

jpdex12
02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
happen in this order and if they did would you disagree going Defense in all three?

1-Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama
2-Bruce Irvin LB W. Virginia
3-Chandler Jones DE SU

Chances are that none of us could pick the first three picks because there are too many factors involved but I would not be unhappy with these first three picks provided we sign Stevie, sign sign Garcon and extend Jackson.

Skooby
02-01-2012, 08:27 PM
This would be great.

IMissKelly
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Never thought about Garcon...the Colts have a pretty solid receiving core with Wayne, Garcon and Collie, along with TE Dallas Clark. The point is that both Wayne, Garcon are free agents and Indy might not be willing to resign one of them.

They could either go younger and go separate ways with leading receiver Reggie Wayne (33 yrs old) and build a great offense for years to come with Luck at the helm, but probably not. Not only because of Wayne all star talent but because of the safety net both he and Clark will provide for Luck when he is starting for Indy next season (assuming Peyton is either traded or unable to even play).

Or they could choose to release their younger WR Garcon.. I think the Colts probably like what they see in Garcon, but if they can only afford to keep one of them, I believe they will go with Wayne.

Either way it addresses the issue that the Bills need to use some of that cap room on a WR this offseason rather than in the draft.

TigerJ
02-01-2012, 11:16 PM
If Upshaw goes to the Bills, you can pretty much drop the OLB after his name. At 265+ lbs. he's not going to be playing outside linebacker in a 4-3.

better days
02-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Never thought about Garcon...the Colts have a pretty solid receiving core with Wayne, Garcon and Collie, along with TE Dallas Clark. The point is that both Wayne, Garcon are free agents and Indy might not be willing to resign one of them.

They could either go younger and go separate ways with leading receiver Reggie Wayne (33 yrs old) and build a great offense for years to come with Luck at the helm, but probably not. Not only because of Wayne all star talent but because of the safety net both he and Clark will provide for Luck when he is starting for Indy next season (assuming Peyton is either traded or unable to even play).

Or they could choose to release their younger WR Garcon.. I think the Colts probably like what they see in Garcon, but if they can only afford to keep one of them, I believe they will go with Wayne.

Either way it addresses the issue that the Bills need to use some of that cap room on a WR this offseason rather than in the draft.

Well, if the Colts don't pay Peyton & let him walk, they will have plenty of money.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-02-2012, 02:09 AM
I think the first 3 will be

1 upshaw
2 ronnell lewis- 43olb
3 brandon boykin cb

i think we pick up ahmad brooks to also pressure the qb...

4 main des rotating would be

upshaw/brooks
kelsay/carrington

Night Train
02-02-2012, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't mind if ALL our picks were on D.

SaviorEdwards
02-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Syracuse is in the north. No chance on #3. If they don't eat crawdads and grits, they are not fit for Buffalo.

DraftBoy
02-02-2012, 07:18 AM
If Upshaw goes to the Bills, you can pretty much drop the OLB after his name. At 265+ lbs. he's not going to be playing outside linebacker in a 4-3.

At 6'1 with under 32" arms he's not going to be playing DE either.

k-oneputt
02-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Syracuse is in the north. No chance on #3. If they don't eat crawdads and grits, they are not fit for Buffalo.

We tried the North route for the last ten years. Think the Big 10 drafts. Whitner, Youboty, Anderson, Poz, Maybin, Evans. All picked in the top three rounds.:help!:

I'm ready to try the crawdads and grits. You have to go where the best players are at.

SaviorEdwards
02-02-2012, 08:39 AM
We tried the North route for the last ten years. Think the Big 10 drafts. Whitner, Youboty, Anderson, Poz, Maybin, Evans. All picked in the top three rounds.:help!:

I'm ready to try the crawdads and grits. You have to go where the best players are at.

LOL I'm not complaining, I like our new SEC talent. I also won't bash the entire Big Ten, we just have made poor picks from that conference. Teams like the Pats and Steelers usually get some good ones from there.

jpdex12
02-04-2012, 11:46 PM
At 6'1 with under 32" arms he's not going to be playing DE either.

How can you base a players potential for a position on measurements only? When you play OLB in a 3-4 you are often lining up as a DE without a hand in the dirt. Dwight Freeney's arm span isn't much either...Saban turned Upshaw into a hybrid.