• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Tom Brady: 'The Most Hated Man In Buffalo'

A throwaway remark aimed at thanking his parents for supporting his career has made Tom Brady "the most-hated man in Buffalo." During a media sessi

A lot of people are up in arms about it," said Ted Shredd of the 'Shredd and Ragan Show' on Buffalo radio station 'The Edge.' "People are saying that here is a pompous, overpaid athlete on a national stage, taking shots at Buffalo. And for what? Sure there are bad hotels everywhere but there are good ones too. Is the Hyatt not good enough for you? The Marriott not good enough?"

Co-host Tom Ragan weighed in: "We think he is being cheap," he said. "At this point he should be paying for his parents to come to games. If he is not putting them in nice places, it means Gisele (Bundchen, Brady's wife) is controlling the purse strings a little too tightly. Maybe he is bitter too, after the game earlier in the season."
    -Bill
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Tom Brady: 'The Most Hated Man In Buffalo'

I hate you tom brady

Comment

• tomz
      • Feb 2007

I am a Buffalo native and I travel lots of places. I've stayed in a few Buffalo hotels during various visits. While it was impolitic for him to say so, many hotels in Buffalo are a little ratty, probably because they are not generally brand new. Also, when the winter weather hits, they are none too pleasant either, especially when compared, let's say, to resorty tourist traps in more southerly climes. There are not any recent vintage resort complexes in Buffalo (that I know of). (These can be very flashy.)
      However, there are plenty of nice ones. The remodeled Embassy Suites downtown is really nice, for example.

So let's not get too het up about this.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tomz
        I am a Buffalo native and I travel lots of places. I've stayed in a few Buffalo hotels during various visits. While it was impolitic for him to say so, many hotels in Buffalo are a little ratty, probably because they are not generally brand new. Also, when the winter weather hits, they are none too pleasant either, especially when compared, let's say, to resorty tourist traps in more southerly climes. There are not any recent vintage resort complexes in Buffalo (that I know of). (These can be very flashy.)
        However, there are plenty of nice ones. The remodeled Embassy Suites downtown is really nice, for example.

So let's not get too het up about this.
        The reason to be upset is because Brady took a shot at Buffalo during Super Bowl week for no reason.

I don't want to see Brady injured in the Super Bowl but I would love to see him be EMBARRASSED by playing a bad game & losing to the Giants.

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

The reason to be upset is because Brady took a shot at Buffalo during Super Bowl week for no reason.

I don't want to see Brady injured in the Super Bowl but I would love to see him be EMBARRASSED by playing a bad game & losing to the Giants.
          Poor baby someone says something bad about buffalo hotels -which is kinda true-and you take it as an attack & have attack back! It's ok to admit that buffalo is not as good as Boston, NYC, Miami, LA, etc...it's in the top 5 poorest cities in the USA. Think cincinnati, Cleavland, etc...
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Tom Brady is a pussy and his wife knows it.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike
              Poor baby someone says something bad about buffalo hotels -which is kinda true-and you take it as an attack & have attack back! It's ok to admit that buffalo is not as good as Boston, NYC, Miami, LA, etc...it's in the top 5 poorest cities in the USA. Think cincinnati, Cleavland, etc...
              Brady is an ASS. It was an unprovoked attack at Buffalo during SUPER BOWL week when the entire WORLD was watching & anyone that does not see that is an idiot.

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by better days
                Brady is an ASS. It was an unprovoked attack at Buffalo during SUPER BOWL week when the entire WORLD was watching & anyone that does not see that is an idiot.
                Really?

An attack?

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132
                  Really?

An attack?
                  Hell yes an attack, REALLY.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I will put $1,000 on this:

Bills open in New England on Sunday night..............bank on it

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days

I never root for players to be injured, but the ONE exception is Tom ****ing Brady. I hope the Giants jump out to a huge lead, then late in the 3rd when it's 35-6, Osi or Tuck plants Brady so gruesomely that it makes LT-on-Theisman look like a tweaked ankle.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        I will put $1,000 on this:

Bills open in New England on Sunday night..............bank on it
                        Gutsy prediction, very specific.

What year? 2012? I'll take that bet.
                        Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Syderick
                          • Apr 2006

Brady now sorry for making comment:

3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

In response, one of the top hotels in Buffalo offered a free night's stay to show him he's wrong.
                            If he accepts, I hope they poison his room service...

Better yet, just get a mob of Bills fans to beat the ever-loving piss out of him.

-Bill

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I never root for players to be injured, but the ONE exception is Tom ****ing Brady. I hope the Giants jump out to a huge lead, then late in the 3rd when it's 35-6, Osi or Tuck plants Brady so gruesomely that it makes LT-on-Theisman look like a tweaked ankle.

That's not nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X