PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady: 'The Most Hated Man In Buffalo'

BLeonard
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/travelers-check/201202/tom-brady-most-hated-man-buffalo

A lot of people are up in arms about it," said Ted Shredd of the 'Shredd and Ragan Show' on Buffalo radio station 'The Edge.' "People are saying that here is a pompous, overpaid athlete on a national stage, taking shots at Buffalo. And for what? Sure there are bad hotels everywhere but there are good ones too. Is the Hyatt not good enough for you? The Marriott not good enough?"

Co-host Tom Ragan weighed in: "We think he is being cheap," he said. "At this point he should be paying for his parents to come to games. If he is not putting them in nice places, it means Gisele (Bundchen, Brady's wife) is controlling the purse strings a little too tightly. Maybe he is bitter too, after the game earlier in the season."

-Bill

BertSquirtgum
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I hate you tom brady

tomz
02-02-2012, 04:55 PM
I am a Buffalo native and I travel lots of places. I've stayed in a few Buffalo hotels during various visits. While it was impolitic for him to say so, many hotels in Buffalo are a little ratty, probably because they are not generally brand new. Also, when the winter weather hits, they are none too pleasant either, especially when compared, let's say, to resorty tourist traps in more southerly climes. There are not any recent vintage resort complexes in Buffalo (that I know of). (These can be very flashy.)
However, there are plenty of nice ones. The remodeled Embassy Suites downtown is really nice, for example.

So let's not get too het up about this.

better days
02-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I am a Buffalo native and I travel lots of places. I've stayed in a few Buffalo hotels during various visits. While it was impolitic for him to say so, many hotels in Buffalo are a little ratty, probably because they are not generally brand new. Also, when the winter weather hits, they are none too pleasant either, especially when compared, let's say, to resorty tourist traps in more southerly climes. There are not any recent vintage resort complexes in Buffalo (that I know of). (These can be very flashy.)
However, there are plenty of nice ones. The remodeled Embassy Suites downtown is really nice, for example.

So let's not get too het up about this.

The reason to be upset is because Brady took a shot at Buffalo during Super Bowl week for no reason.

I don't want to see Brady injured in the Super Bowl but I would love to see him be EMBARRASSED by playing a bad game & losing to the Giants.

Mike
02-03-2012, 12:35 AM
The reason to be upset is because Brady took a shot at Buffalo during Super Bowl week for no reason.

I don't want to see Brady injured in the Super Bowl but I would love to see him be EMBARRASSED by playing a bad game & losing to the Giants.

Poor baby someone says something bad about buffalo hotels -which is kinda true-and you take it as an attack & have attack back! It's ok to admit that buffalo is not as good as Boston, NYC, Miami, LA, etc...it's in the top 5 poorest cities in the USA. Think cincinnati, Cleavland, etc...

BertSquirtgum
02-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Tom Brady is a pussy and his wife knows it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/gisele-sends-disgustingly-sappy-email-asking-friends-pray-154747410.html

better days
02-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Poor baby someone says something bad about buffalo hotels -which is kinda true-and you take it as an attack & have attack back! It's ok to admit that buffalo is not as good as Boston, NYC, Miami, LA, etc...it's in the top 5 poorest cities in the USA. Think cincinnati, Cleavland, etc...

Brady is an ASS. It was an unprovoked attack at Buffalo during SUPER BOWL week when the entire WORLD was watching & anyone that does not see that is an idiot.

jamze132
02-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Brady is an ASS. It was an unprovoked attack at Buffalo during SUPER BOWL week when the entire WORLD was watching & anyone that does not see that is an idiot.
Really?

An attack?

better days
02-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Really?

An attack?

Hell yes an attack, REALLY.

clumping platelets
02-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I will put $1,000 on this:

Bills open in New England on Sunday night..............bank on it

OpIv37
02-03-2012, 08:01 AM

I never root for players to be injured, but the ONE exception is Tom ****ing Brady. I hope the Giants jump out to a huge lead, then late in the 3rd when it's 35-6, Osi or Tuck plants Brady so gruesomely that it makes LT-on-Theisman look like a tweaked ankle.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
I will put $1,000 on this:

Bills open in New England on Sunday night..............bank on it
Gutsy prediction, very specific.

What year? 2012? I'll take that bet. :$:

Syderick
02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Brady now sorry for making comment:

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d8268acf3/article/brady-says-he-should-have-picked-on-hotels-in-nonnfl-city-?module=HP11_headline_stack

BLeonard
02-03-2012, 09:38 AM
In response, one of the top hotels in Buffalo offered a free night's stay to show him he's wrong.

If he accepts, I hope they poison his room service...

Better yet, just get a mob of Bills fans to beat the ever-loving piss out of him.

-Bill

Bill Cody
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM
I never root for players to be injured, but the ONE exception is Tom ****ing Brady. I hope the Giants jump out to a huge lead, then late in the 3rd when it's 35-6, Osi or Tuck plants Brady so gruesomely that it makes LT-on-Theisman look like a tweaked ankle.

:shakeno:

That's not nice.

Bill Cody
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM

May I suggest decaf?

Bill Cody
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM
If he accepts, I hope they poison his room service...

Better yet, just get a mob of Bills fans to beat the ever-loving piss out of him.

-Bill

What is wrong with you people?

Mike
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM

You guys are nuts. What of Freedom of Speach, of liberty, etc... A guy can't tell a story during Superbowl week because he might offend some fanatic?

By the way, the hotels it buffalo don't compare favorably to the rest of the NFL cities.

Night Train
02-03-2012, 09:55 AM
What a non-story. I could care less what his family experienced at a local hotel.

Play the game. Go Giants.

OpIv37
02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
You guys are nuts. What of Freedom of Speach, of liberty, etc... A guy can't tell a story during Superbowl week because he might offend some fanatic?

By the way, the hotels it buffalo don't compare favorably to the rest of the NFL cities.

No one said he can't say it.

We said that saying it makes him a douche.

BLeonard
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Here's the thing: Why single out a city like that? I guarantee that had he said Cleveland or Cincinnati, as you suggest, fans of those teams would have the EXACT SAME reaction.

What of he had said something to the effect of "I like the hotels in Miami. There are always plenty of rooms because the fans don't support the team down there like they do in other cities."

Also, it's not like this is the first time Brady's had this type of attitude. Remember this from Super Bowl XLII?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqErnhihQFQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OqErnhihQFQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Like Tom Ragan said, Brady is either a cheap-ass, or his wife controls the funds. It's not like the guy couldn't afford the best accomodations in the world if he wanted them.

The hell with Brady. If the hotels aren't good enough for his dad, he should buy him one of those luxury RV's.

-Bill

better days
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Have you ever stayed in the better hotels in Buffalo? I doubt you have. Buffalo hotels can't compare to NY City, or other major Cities, but it is as good as Cinci, Detroit, Jax, Foxboro, Pittsburg. etc.

Brady could have told the story about his parents visiting him at games without ATTACKING Buffalo. But he used his freedom of speech to ATTACK the City of Buffalo during Super Bowl week which makes him an ASS.

justasportsfan
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Sometimes speaking the truth is not the best thing to do especially when some people may take offense to it. Brady is an idiot and I hope the team takes it out on him next year.

imbondz
02-03-2012, 11:00 AM
he literally apologized seconds after he said it, and said something like, please don't take that and run with it. big deal. the only reason we're so defensive is because it's true, and he's kicked our ass for a decade.

better days
02-03-2012, 11:05 AM
he literally apologized seconds after he said it, and said something like, please don't take that and run with it. big deal. the only reason we're so defensive is because it's true, and he's kicked our ass for a decade.

In the first place it's not true, there are some very nice Hotels in Buffalo but they cost Money to stay at.

In the second place, the point is there was no reason for Brady to say anything about Buffalo good or bad at the Super Bowl with the World watching.

To not take offense to someone attacking you or your City is to be a WUSS IMO.

imbondz
02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
In the first place it's not true, there are some very nice Hotels in Buffalo but they cost Money to stay at.

In the second place, the point is there was no reason for Brady to say anything about Buffalo good or bad at the Super Bowl with the World watching.

To not take offense to someone attacking you or your City is to be a WUSS IMO.

Maybe so. it's only offensive because they've kicked our ass the past 10 years, I was just in Buffalo a couple months ago and driving through it depressed me, sorry. who cares what a rich snob from Boston thinks about Buffalo hotels. It's only cause it's him. He's not the only pro athlete that's even said that in the past year. Some hockey player from the Maple Leafs bashed staying in Buffalo

better days
02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Maybe so. it's only offensive because they've kicked our ass the past 10 years, I was just in Buffalo a couple months ago and driving through it depressed me, sorry. who cares what a rich snob from Boston thinks about Buffalo hotels. It's only cause it's him. He's not the only pro athlete that's even said that in the past year. Some hockey player from the Maple Leafs bashed staying in Buffalo

The point is it was Brady, the biggest star of the Super Bowl that attacked Buffalo at the site of the Super Bowl with the World press there that makes it a big deal.

You don't even know the hockey players name & I doubt few people know he said anything. EVERYONE knows Brady criticized the hotels in Buffalo & he really had no reason to do so at this time.

It was just a shot at Buffalo....he is probably still pissed the Bills beat him the last time he was there.

Bill Cody
02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
The point is it was Brady, the biggest star of the Super Bowl that attacked Buffalo at the site of the Super Bowl with the World press there that makes it a big deal.

You don't even know the hockey players name & I doubt few people know he said anything. EVERYONE knows Brady criticized the hotels in Buffalo & he really had no reason to do so at this time.

It was just a shot at Buffalo....he is probably still pissed the Bills beat him the last time he was there.

:yawn:

Bill Cody
02-03-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU&noredirect=1

better days
02-03-2012, 12:37 PM
:yawn:

Well, I just listened to Ruben Brown former Guard for the Bills & Bears, a man who still travels extensively on the Shredd & Ragan podcast & he agrees with me.

He said hotels in Buffalo compare well to others around the Country & Brady is probably still pissed about the Bills beating him & the Pats* this year & that is why he took a shot at Buffalo.

better days
02-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Well, I guess it is pretty easy to spot the wusses on this board.

Albany,n.y.
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
The best way to stop Brady from talking at the Super Bowl is to have the Bills there instead of him. Until Ralph gets good management, instead of rejects like Chan & Buddy, we can't complain about anything that a Super Bowl player says. Direct your anger at Brady dissing Buffalo in the Super Bowl city to where it belongs-our cheap owner & below par coach & GM who couldn't stop Brady from getting to the Super Bowl.

better days
02-03-2012, 04:52 PM
The best way to stop Brady from talking at the Super Bowl is to have the Bills there instead of him. Until Ralph gets good management, instead of rejects like Chan & Buddy, we can't complain about anything that a Super Bowl player says. Direct your anger at Brady dissing Buffalo in the Super Bowl city to where it belongs-our cheap owner & below par coach & GM who couldn't stop Brady from getting to the Super Bowl.

It would be great for the Bills to get there, but no other AFC team kept the Pats* out of the Super Bowl this year either. I guess the entire Conference is filled with cheap owners & below par coaches & GMs.

RedEyE
02-04-2012, 07:45 AM
lol - who cares? It was completely non-malicious. I don't fault the guy for it and I really hate Tom Brady.

I have stayed in a lot of places over the years and Buffalo hotels are nothing to write home about. I'm sure there are players on the Bills that would agree with his statement.

better days
02-04-2012, 07:58 AM
lol - who cares? It was completely non-malicious. I don't fault the guy for it and I really hate Tom Brady.

I have stayed in a lot of places over the years and Buffalo hotels are nothing to write home about. I'm sure there are players on the Bills that would agree with his statement.

Non-malicious? RIDICULOUS. If you were the owner of a Hotel in Buffalo, I would bet you would find it malicious to have your hotel denigrated to the WORLD by the biggest star at the Super Bowl.

SOME Buffalo Hotels may not be anything to write home about, but Hotels in MOST every other NFL City are nothing to write home about either. Ruben Brown said the Hotel the Bears stayed at in Miami for the Super Bowl when the Bears played the Colts a few years ago was TERRIBLE.

TedMock
02-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Since I stay in NYC frequently with work I know with 100% certainty that the Buffalo Marriott is FAR nicer than the two near Wall Street. Far nicer. My question is why aren't they staying in a top-tier hotel? Yes, they can be found even in poor cities, but at lesser rates. I don't take much offense to an indirect dig at my hometown as much as I wonder why Kraft isn't putting them in one of the nicer places.

Skooby
02-04-2012, 11:45 AM
He'll die broke & alone.