PDA

View Full Version : Bills ready to move onto phase 2 of RWS renovation project

Fitzpatrick'sbeard
02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- You might not think news that the Buffalo Bills are re-hiring a construction manager is a big deal.

But that news signals that the team is ready to begin moving forward with improvements to Ralph Wilson Stadium that could keep the team here.

The Bills announced Wednesday they've rehired Joe Frandina as Director of Construction Management. He was the team's Vice-President of Stadium Operations until he retired in 2010.

The Bills say Frandina will oversee and manage all aspects of the team's long-range stadium improvement planning.

http://orchardpark.wgrz.com/news/news/62941-bills-make-hire-guide-stadium-improvements

jamze132
02-03-2012, 07:06 AM
This is a good step in the right direction. Of course it will all come down to money, which the tax payers are going to have to ante up for.

better days
02-03-2012, 07:13 AM
This is a good step in the right direction. Of course it will all come down to money, which the tax payers are going to have to ante up for.

Well, I read the NFL is going to ante up $200 Mill for the 49ers new Stadium, I think the NFL should also contribute to Buffalos Stadium.

clumping platelets
02-03-2012, 07:34 AM
That money is just an advance on future TV revenue. It must be repaid

Night Train
02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I can't wait for the strip clubs in the Suites.

Tinted windows & no one under 21. Football, booze & babes.

Make it rain, Russ Brandon !

jamze132
02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
That shouldn't be a problem for one of the largest TV markets in the NFL.

dannyek71
02-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I know that this is the way it has to be in the NFL now a days. However, it also disgusts me. Why do we all need all of these "luxuries" added to the stadium. All I want is a bigger trough urinal that will accommodate more people so the bathrooms are less jammed and that is it. That shouldn't be too hard now should it?

Michael82
02-04-2012, 01:02 AM
I'd like to see more concession stands workers and I'd like to see them weed out the slow workers who can't get a customer thru in under 2 minutes.

Historian
02-04-2012, 05:25 AM
All I want is a bigger trough urinal that will fit my head, so that nobody will piss in my hair while I'm violently puking the lining of my stomach up. That shouldn't be too hard now should it?

Fixed.

Night Train
02-04-2012, 08:46 AM
I'd like to see more concession stands workers and I'd like to see them weed out the slow workers who can't get a customer thru in under 2 minutes.

They have these organizations come in and work the counters in the clubs.

It looks like an advertisment for the special olympics, just to get a cup of coffee from these people.

dannyek71
02-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Fixed.

That's messed up

dannyek71
02-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I'd like to keep so many young people from the games. They scare old people like me. Also, why can I never find a prune juice vendor when I need one.

Fixed.

mrbojanglezs
02-04-2012, 09:37 AM
they aren't going to improve many things that the average fan will care about. Its mainly structural

dannyek71
02-04-2012, 10:04 AM
they aren't going to improve many things that the average fan will care about. Its mainly structural

Yea, they will do nothing about the crappy quality of the team itself.

better days
02-04-2012, 12:07 PM

I read they were going to make improvements to the toilet facilities & add concession stands. I think most fans would care about that.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2012, 01:29 PM
That shouldn't be a problem for one of the largest TV markets in the NFL.
Dont all teams split the revenues equally??

ublinkwescore
02-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I can't wait for the strip clubs in the Suites.

Tinted windows & no one under 21. Football, booze & babes.

Make it rain, Russ Brandon !

Russ Brandon for President 2020!!! After Ron Paul has served his two terms.

Don't Panic
02-05-2012, 10:06 AM

I'd take that deal... Ralph's future profits taken as a loan now to keep the team there? Done!

Historian
02-06-2012, 06:54 AM
From what I've been told, there is a codicil in Raplh's will that states that the team must remain in Buffalo twenty years after the year Ralph passes, no matter who owns it.

Also, supposedly the fall and the broken hip were very serious. He almost died from it.

Cleve
02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Taxpayers shouldn't be paying a dime for this facility unless the Bills give substantial concessions/agreements to keep the team in WNY. Something ironclad, that Wilson's family can't wiggle of when he passes!

There should also be something built in there about this TV blackout nonsense, and games in Canada. If the taxpayers are helping fund Ralph Wilson Jr's highly lucrative FOR PROFIT venture, then the taxpayers are entitled to a say, and oversight, in how this team is being managed. If I'm forced to pay, out of pocket, for Ralph Wilson's personal stadium (it's named after him, which is ridiculous!) then I as a taxpayer should be able to watch the damn games!

If Wilson and Co. don't like the stipulations, then let Wilson pay for these improvements on his own - like Steinbrenner did with Yankee Stadium.