PDA

View Full Version : Pass Interference?

JefftheBillsfan
09-09-2002, 06:26 PM
i didn't get a great look at it...but when the bills were up 24-23...there was a pass interference call against us when nate picked off vinny. from my vantage point that was an awful call. it wasnt' pass interference at all...and the ball was not even close to the intended reciever. can anyone either confirm or deny me? thanks. BTW...that coulda been the game.

venis2k1
09-09-2002, 07:01 PM
There was a little contact, i think it was illiagal holding and not pass interference. cause it didnt effect the recevers routes

JefftheBillsfan
09-09-2002, 07:13 PM
no...it was def. pass interference...i remember that.

westside
09-09-2002, 07:37 PM
I think that flag was very Questionable. I didn't think the reciever could have caught the ball anyway. Oh well.

JefftheBillsfan
09-09-2002, 07:43 PM
i don't think there was any way the ball was catchable...did anyone see it on TV? what did the anouncers say?

Valerie
09-09-2002, 07:49 PM
It's so hard to see what's going on when you're at a game live. I do better watching it on TV as far as seeing the penalties. I love the live game but I see more when I'm watching it on TV.

casdhf
09-09-2002, 08:03 PM
He held him, ball wasn't in the air...shoulda been 5 yards, but they still kept the ball

bduff54
09-09-2002, 08:07 PM
it was holding, the reason it looked like he couldn't get it was because he couldn't run anymore cause Robinson was holding him!

casdhf
09-09-2002, 08:08 PM
wouldn't have caught it anyways...stupid penalty

BambinoSux
09-09-2002, 08:11 PM
That stunk because it was the only bad pass Vinny threw all game and it would have been a pick, holding or not, but you gotta call the contact.

casdhf
09-09-2002, 08:14 PM
definately...I think vinny completed like 80%

Cntrygal
09-10-2002, 11:09 AM
Welcome westside!!!!! :)

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 01:25 PM
There was a lot worse that wasn't called. I just want the refs to be consistent. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
09-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
i don't think there was any way the ball was catchable...did anyone see it on TV? what did the anouncers say?

i saw it on TV but i don't remember what the announcers said.i started :angry: and went to the fridge for another :beer:

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2002, 05:19 PM
I think if Robinson hadn't held the receiver, it would have been a complete pass. Wasn't it Prioleau that made the pick?

venis2k1
09-10-2002, 05:25 PM
I just checked the tape, the penaltie is on Robinson, it was defensive pass interfence for 18 yards, he kinda leaned into him but there was NO way that the play would have been complete. All the comintators said was "ohhh boy" and "eddie robinson was in good position, put his hands out and thats why the flag was thrown" and "that pass looked bad from the start"

THATHURMANATOR
09-10-2002, 11:29 PM
from what I saw, which was in double vision due to beer, it didn't look like much.

Kelly The Dog
09-11-2002, 12:46 AM
at first I thought it was interference for sure. but later, after the game, on espn or another replay they showed the endzone view of the play and to me it looked like a horrible call. There was definitely contact, especially right off the line, but that wasn't and wouldn't have been called. At first, once they got ten yards down the field it LOOKED like Robinson was impeding brecht's progress. But when you see it straight on, in a clear view on the relay, brecht drives his shoulder into Robinson's gut, initiating the interference call contact himself. There would not have been interference if Brecht ran down the field on his pattern. You could give him props for drawing the penalty like a hockey player but Robinson was not at fault. It was a bad call IMO, although I can easily see how to a ref, unless he had a complete unimpeded straight on view of the play, could have thrown the flag.

vmark11
09-11-2002, 01:35 AM
It was borderline - which means it was a no-brainer for the refs, because we know how many "borderline" calls the Bills always get. What bothered me was the fact that the backjudge standing right there didn't make the call...looked like the linesman threw the flag from 20 yards away when he isn't even supposed to be looking at that area of the field.

And just for the record, Phil Simms has yet to criticize a single officiating call in his 4 year tenure as an analyst, so that means nothing.

And by the way, did anybody else think that our DLman was held right in front of Vinny on the Chrebet TD?

JefftheBillsfan
09-11-2002, 02:22 PM
yes! vmark11...he def. was! and i am pissed the official away from the play made the call! i saw it again...let me tell you...the bills got screwed! twice!

venis2k1
09-11-2002, 05:50 PM
It was a boarderline call. it could have gone both ways.