PDA

View Full Version : Bills invest least amount of money on starting offensive linemen

BLeonard
02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/2/2/2765179/starting-money-the-broncos-o-line-investment

From a Broncos site, so that's why Denver is featured. Interesting, though.

I used Rotoworld, Spotrac and Yahoo to find every available salary, but some eluded me, making some figures incomplete. That said, I chose not to omit those teams because you will be able to see which teams are in the market for these positions. I have the figures for the 2011 season as well as the salary projections for 2012. Notice there are numbers in parentheses in some of the rows. Take for example the Tennessee Titans. In 2011, they had a total of $16.88 Million spent on their Line. However the (4 of 5) designates that those totals are only for four of the five linemen. In 2011, there were some numbers that I could not find, so take that into consideration. In 2012 though, the numbers that are missing, more often than not, show a Free Agent as one of the missing numbers. That team will need to resign a player or replace him. I can fill in certain situations for you if need be, but to list each one of them all right now would be a little much. This should give plenty you plenty of information to work with. However, since it is more relevant, I will break down our opponents in the AFC West.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/699/olsalaries.jpg

-Bill

The Jokeman
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/2/2/2765179/starting-money-the-broncos-o-line-investment

From a Broncos site, so that's why Denver is featured. Interesting, though.

-Bill
To be fair am pretty sure that Bell/Hairston Levetri, Wood and Urbrick or 4 out of the 5 are working off their "rookie" contracts and with the exceptions of Wood (being a 1st Rounder before the new CBA) which are pretty small compared to veteran contracts. It be interesting to see where Pears compares to other RTs to see if we're getting fair value or under/over spending on him.

jamze132
02-03-2012, 11:43 AM
What's funny is that we are probably getting the most bang for your buck too since we were among the league leaders in sacks allowed and rushing offense.

Cali512
02-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Well somehow it payed off haha

The Jokeman
02-03-2012, 11:47 AM
What's funny is that we are probably getting the most bang for your buck too since we were among the league leaders in sacks allowed and rushing offense.
I don't know if it was a product of Gailey's system and/or Fitzpatrick but I was shocked to see how little sacks we did give up this year. That said if we don't bring Bell back we better have a back up plan for Hairston. As to me he struggled at LT late in the year.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2012, 11:47 AM
OL salary doesn't mean much. Look at Green Bay is way down on that list yet you don't see Rodgers getting killed.

Cali512
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't know if it was a product of Gailey's system and/or Fitzpatrick but I was shocked to see how little sacks we did give up this year. That said if we don't bring Bell back we better have a back up plan for Hairston. As to me he struggled at LT late in the year.

Hairston was also a rookie RT who we got in the i think 4th round. For what he was able to do, that at least gives us a hope for next year. I think Hairston will end up being our LT and i think next year you will see how developed he is. He did struggle later on in the year, but there were also alot of shuffling for a rookie to face. Even if he wasnt bein shuffled non stop, having the players to the right of u switching constantly really ****s with the mind.

The Jokeman
02-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Hairston was also a rookie RT who we got in the i think 4th round. For what he was able to do, that at least gives us a hope for next year. I think Hairston will end up being our LT and i think next year you will see how developed he is. He did struggle later on in the year, but there were also alot of shuffling for a rookie to face. Even if he wasnt bein shuffled non stop, having the players to the right of u switching constantly really ****s with the mind.
Yet like Draftboy I view Hairston more as a RT type as he just to me have the athleticism to be an above average LT. I've been crying for us to find one of those since the day the NFL awarded Will Wolford to the Colts. Yet this could be the year we're inline to get one in Jonathan Martin or Riley Reiff in the draft if shore up the pass rush in free agency.

better days
02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
This goes to show, money can't buy you love..............or a GOOD OL. $24 Mill for the Bucs OL? That makes me want to puke, the way they played this year.