PDA

View Full Version : NFL Might Expand to 34 Teams

Ed
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Roger Goodell said that if the NFL returns to L.A. it's probable that the league will add two expansion teams instead of moving an existing franchise. This should be good news to Bills fans. I'm not one that's ever thought the Bills were a possibility for L.A. as things stand right now, but Ralph Wilson could pass away at any moment and once that happens the fate of the franchise is up in the air. If they can secure two expansion teams in L.A. though, I think Toronto becomes the only real threat to stealing the Bills away.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7535394/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-says-34-teams-likely-nfl-adds-franchise-los-angeles

Johnny Bugmenot
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
No way they try two teams in L.A. again. It failed the first time, and it'll fail again. One in LA is enough. So where would you put team 34?

Besides, 34 makes for awkward divisions. 6/6/6/6/5/5? 9/8/9/8? I doubt they continue with the eight-division format, given that it's easier to win a division now than to get a wild-card. Heck, even 33 (11/11/11) would work better than 34.

Goodell can talk about it as much as he wants. Relocation is far more feasible than any attempt at expansion, especially to 34.

ParanoidAndroid
02-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Give Toronto the other expansion! Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, San Antonio might be able to do it.

better days
02-03-2012, 04:29 PM
No way they try two teams in L.A. again. It failed the first time, and it'll fail again. One in LA is enough. So where would you put team 34?

Besides, 34 makes for awkward divisions. 6/6/6/6/5/5? 9/8/9/8? I doubt they continue with the eight-division format, given that it's easier to win a division now than to get a wild-card. Heck, even 33 (11/11/11) would work better than 34.

Goodell can talk about it as much as he wants. Relocation is far more feasible than any attempt at expansion, especially to 34.

I read on Profootballtalk.com earlier today that Goodell said "we haven't talked expansion at all." "I don't see that in the forseeable future."

It sounds to me like there will be no football in LA in the forseeable future.

YardRat
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
32 is a nice number. Let Jax, Minnesota or SD move into the LA market and call it a day. Buffalo isn't going anywhere.

better days
02-03-2012, 04:46 PM
32 is a nice number. Let Jax, Minnesota or SD move into the LA market and call it a day. Buffalo isn't going anywhere.

I have been reading that St Louis has to keep their stadium in the top 25% of the league or the Rams can leave.

That stadium is fairly new, but with all the new stadiums that have just been built, it needs an upgrade to remain in the top 25%.

I would not be surprised to see the Rams move, but then St Louis would most likely try to get another team from another City.