PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Reed does NOT make Hall of Fame-Makes it to top 10

YardRat
02-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Forked from: Reed does NOT make Hall of Fame (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3594394)

Reed made it to 10, with Carter, Dawson, Doleman, Haley, Kennedy, Martin, Roaf, Williams and Parcells.

I would cross off Parcells, Williams, Kennedy and Doleman immediately.

With those four gone, it's hard to believe neither Carter or Reed would make it.

hydro
02-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Yet another year we will have to hear about the WR log jam.

Cleve
02-05-2012, 06:53 AM
It's incomprehensible that someone like Ralph Wilson Jr. is in the Hall of Fame, but not Andre Reed.

Historian
02-05-2012, 08:28 AM
It's incomprehensible that someone like Ralph Wilson Jr. is in the Hall of Fame, but not Andre Reed.

Here's why Ralph is in...

http://www.profootballhof.com/future50/

Cleve
02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Wilson bought his way in, eh? Too bad he doesn't buy WNY a decent team, decent coaches, ad nauseum.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-07-2012, 05:16 AM
I can understand the argument that Reed isn't a Hall Of Famer, but how is Curtis Martin?

CuseJetsFan83
02-07-2012, 05:57 AM
I can understand the argument that Reed isn't a Hall Of Famer, but how is Curtis Martin?

4th best rusher of all time in terms of yardage.... led league in rushing at age 31 (year before his injury which forced retirement)

trust me, i won't complain for curtis being in, but i do think that roaf and dawson are deserving... cortez kennedy is a good choice, but i thought he would wait a few more years. it boggles my mind that CC, reed, and tim brown all keep waiting.

mjt328
02-07-2012, 08:38 AM
The Hall of Fame induction process is a JOKE.

> There is way too much emphasis on Super Bowl wins. That's why you have people like Lynn Swann, Art Monk and Michael Irvin make it, but Andre Reed, Chris Carter and Tim Brown are still waiting (and may never get in).

> Certain positions are elevated by the HOF committee - quarterbacks, running backs and pass rushers. Others like interior linemen and wide receivers are neglected.

> The length of time for induction is absolutely RIDICULOUS. This year, they voted in Jack Butler... somebody who played more than 60 years ago!!!! Why should somebody have to wait that long if they deserve to be enshrined? I would bet that most of the people who voted him in, never even saw him play.

A deserving player should be inducted the year after they retire. None of this "first ballot" crap. You either deserve it or you don't.
For those players on the fence, there should be discussion amongst the league for about five years. If you don't make it by then, you are no longer eligible.
When the HOF committee keeps putting off deserving players (like Reed), you run the risk of having voters that never saw the guy play. Then induction becomes more about what a player did on paper, rather than what they did on the field.

Historian
02-07-2012, 09:03 AM
SBs should really have very little to do with it.

This is the one instance, in the ultimate team game, where individual accomplishment trumps team accomplishment.

JMO.

stuckincincy
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
4th best rusher of all time in terms of yardage.... led league in rushing at age 31 (year before his injury which forced retirement)

trust me, i won't complain for curtis being in, but i do think that roaf and dawson are deserving... cortez kennedy is a good choice, but i thought he would wait a few more years. it boggles my mind that CC, reed, and tim brown all keep waiting.

Whither Ray Guy?