X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Fewell almost lost the game!

Omg what a horrible play call for half the game! Glad the giants won but omg that was so reminicent of the bills with that prevent bull ****! But great came none the less. If Fewell did what he did vs the 49ers they woulda blown them out! But NE lost and im a happy fella!
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Re: Fewell almost lost the game!

Perry Fewell coached his ass off...wtf were you watching?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Two drives, one at the end of the first and one to begin the second. 17 points. I'll take that every time against Brady.

We had an OK defense when Fewell was here, it was the QB's that sucked donkey balls.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

Great calls most of the game, a little leery of taking your best rusher and putting him in coverage though. Very happy for him!

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by IAG
          Perry Fewell coached his ass off...wtf were you watching?

Not really lol. He did i think a total of 4 blitzes the whole game. Rest of the time he would rush 3-4 at a time. But ig u guys are in happy mode, ill come back to this in a few days after people calm down
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by methos4ever
            Great calls most of the game, a little leery of taking your best rusher and putting him in coverage though. Very happy for him!

Im happy for him, but still, the gameplan was stupid. U have 4 amazing passrushers, they ran very lil blitzes or stunts. Just sayin lol

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

I dunno - a defense that holds Tom Brady and the Patriots to about 1/2 their normal point output - that's a GOOD defense.

A couple questionable calls greatly helped the Patriots - that offensive holding call that took the Giants from 3rd and less than 1 to 3rd and 11 killed the Giants drive near the end of the 2nd half, and set up the Patriots touch down drive was one. The 2nd - the failure to call defensive pass interference that result in a Giant punt was the other.

You take away those two plays - the call and the non-call, and the Patriots might have been held to single digits in offense. Great game, and great defense by the Giants - they really dialed up the pressure on Brady in the second half - and as we know... pressure Brady and he makes mistakes, including that huge interception. :)

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

They really didn't start getting penetration until the second half. The game was called good. Giants win!

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                  They really didn't start getting penetration until the second half. The game was called good. Giants win!

All im saying is when u have 4 great passrushers, u would think they would of tryd alot more to get to him. The teams that do decent against the pats are Balt, Pitt, NYJ. All great passrushing teams. This is really all im saying, he did do well with the pass D, but when it came to the passrush, Spagnola woulda killed Tom Brady with the weapons NYG has now.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Yeah but when they beat them last time in the SB it was done with a lot of 4 man rushing. Why change the formula?

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Cleve
                      I dunno - a defense that holds Tom Brady and the Patriots to about 1/2 their normal point output - that's a GOOD defense.

A couple questionable calls greatly helped the Patriots - that offensive holding call that took the Giants from 3rd and less than 1 to 3rd and 11 killed the Giants drive near the end of the 2nd half, and set up the Patriots touch down drive was one. The 2nd - the failure to call defensive pass interference that result in a Giant punt was the other.

You take away those two plays - the call and the non-call, and the Patriots might have been held to single digits in offense. Great game, and great defense by the Giants - they really dialed up the pressure on Brady in the second half - and as we know... pressure Brady and he makes mistakes, including that huge interception. :)

Ya but the messed up play that left Branch wide open, the Welker drop wide open, Gronk wide open Woodhead wide open, not to mention not getting any pressure till the last drive. Brady could of had so much more, but he wasnt playin like his self. I am happy for Fewel. All im saying is he did what he did when he was with us. Not doing any pressure and when Brady starts to get going he plays back.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by methos4ever
                        I'm wondering if JPP improvised on that or if it was an actual call.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                          Yeah but when they beat them last time in the SB it was done with a lot of 4 man rushing. Why change the formula?

Because if i remember, Antonio Pearce had a nice game rushing and so did Veek. Not to mention there interior was alot better back then. Now there a finesse DL side from Tuck. They should of done alot of interior blitzes. But they won and im happy. Im just saying i dont think it would of been close. Notice the times they did rush Brady sucked! Its been there strategy for the whole season, why stop now?

Comment

• methos4ever
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                            I'm wondering if JPP improvised on that or if it was an actual call.
                            He did it twice - once on the TD, where he played like he was going for a outside rush vs LT, looped around and went into coverage into middle and also on a woodhead pass for 10+ yards where he dropped straight down middle and left void on the right sideline.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Fewell called a poor first half but made the necessary adjustments after the Pats marched down the field after their opening 2nd half scoring drive.

Can't bag on the guy for calling a game where his D only allowed 17 points.

Comment

Working...
                              X