PDA

View Full Version : Did the pats let the giants score?

Cali512
02-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Just wondering what your input is on this. Now dont use the excuse "a coach is not going to do that to a teams confidence" bc you know billicheck does not give a flyin ****. He will do whats the best way to win, and if its sacrafising a TD just so your HOF QB can have a minute left and holding a timeout to give his team a chance to score, then i believe it. Bc if they tackled him the clock runs out and the games over with a field goal. So did the Patriots let the G-men score?

Oldbillsfan
02-05-2012, 10:15 PM
of course they did, they would have been stupid not to.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
They should have done the same thing the first play to preserve a few more seconds and another timeout, not that either mattered the way the end played out however.

YardRat
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Duh...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
duh...

ublinkwescore
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
I really don't give a ****... just happy as hell the pats didn't get their 4th ring!!!

Cleve
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Didn't Bellichek actually come out and say so ("yes, we let them score") in the presser?

Skooby
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM
If Brady suffers, it's all good.

Cali512
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Didn't Bellichek actually come out and say so ("yes, we let them score") in the presser?

Didnt watch it

Michael82
02-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Yes, and that's why I was hoping the Giants would have done what Gailey did against the Pats to end the game and take a couple knees to kill the clock.

Oh, plus I was hoping Bradshaw didnt fall into the end zone for the touchdown and they killed the clock and then kicked a last second field goal. It was obvious he tried to take a knee, but his momentum pushed him into the endzone. I had Giants 8 and Patriots 7 on my Super Bowl pool. I was so close to win a couple hundred bucks. :mad:

jcdavey
02-06-2012, 12:05 AM
with the cundiff's and the kaeding's of the world, there's no reason for an offense to turn down a free td to wait for a 'chip shot fg'

and there's no reason to not give up the free td to let your qb have one more shot with the ball

i thought it was smart on both accounts!

G Wolly
02-06-2012, 02:23 AM
no hsit they theydid .. they gave huim a wide wopen whoel . he scored qnd so did I, BIIM

imbondz
02-06-2012, 04:18 AM
with the cundiff's and the kaeding's of the world, there's no reason for an offense to turn down a free td to wait for a 'chip shot fg'

and there's no reason to not give up the free td to let your qb have one more shot with the ball

i thought it was smart on both accounts!

if the Giants could have gotten the clock down to 1-2 seconds, then I would have been all for dropping on the 1 yard line, not scoring a TD, and kicking the field goal. I would never want Brady to get the ball back, he still had a shot in the end zone at the end.

Same thing happened when the Packers and Broncos played in '98. Packers let them score to get the ball back, but the Broncos stopped them.

Michael82
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
if the Giants could have gotten the clock down to 1-2 seconds, then I would have been all for dropping on the 1 yard line, not scoring a TD, and kicking the field goal. I would never want Brady to get the ball back, he still had a shot in the end zone at the end.

Same thing happened when the Packers and Broncos played in '98. Packers let them score to get the ball back, but the Broncos stopped them.
Exactly!

LtFinFan66
02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
clearly

Ickybaluky
02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Of course they did. Jerod Mayo was talking about it after the game. They let them score the TD so they wouldn't run down the clock and kick the FG.