PDA

View Full Version : could we go after manningham?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-06-2012, 03:04 AM
he isnt 6-5 but he is 6-0 and plays bigger than his height. hes a down field threat and makes tons of big plays. he was a great clutch wr at michigan...

since he wont cost as much as colston, jackson, and bowe, could he be an option to start opposite stevie?

i just dont see us dishing out to much money on a number 2 especially if stevie gets paid big, which he will...

clumping platelets
02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I'd prefer dwayne Bowe

Bert102176
02-06-2012, 05:35 AM
well once we let Stevie walk cuz the FO is idiots we will need a couple of WR's but I have been saying Mario, and Colston would be he 2 I would like even if we sign Stevie back would love that

streetkings01
02-06-2012, 07:59 AM
I'd pass on Manningham...........Giants were ready to move on from him regardless of what Cruz had done this season........he's too inconsistent with his hands.

Pinkerton Security
02-06-2012, 08:08 AM
plays bigger than his size? what makes you think that? manningham is a speed guy, he doesnt go up much to get the ball, so I dont see your statement as correct.

trapezeus
02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
last time the bills poached from the superbowl winning giants because of one good play during the superbowl, we were stuck with kawika mitchell. i'd prefer to pass on manningham.

The Jokeman
02-06-2012, 08:58 AM
he isnt 6-5 but he is 6-0 and plays bigger than his height. hes a down field threat and makes tons of big plays. he was a great clutch wr at michigan...

since he wont cost as much as colston, jackson, and bowe, could he be an option to start opposite stevie?

i just dont see us dishing out to much money on a number 2 especially if stevie gets paid big, which he will...
One game does not make a career. Look at what Santonio Holmes, Larry Brown, Alvin Harper and others have done with new teams after leaving their Super Bowl Champion teams and tried to play bigger roles. Almost failed to live up to expectations. Manningham is an above average #3 WR. Is he a #2? Maybe but honestly I'd rather re-sign Stevie and go hard after JerMichael Finley.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
One game does not make a career. Look at what Santonio Holmes, Larry Brown, Alvin Harper and others have done with new teams after leaving their Super Bowl Champion teams and tried to play bigger roles. Almost failed to live up to expectations. Manningham is an above average #3 WR. Is he a #2? Maybe but honestly I'd rather re-sign Stevie and go hard after JerMichael Finley.

he has not just had 1 good game....

Mahdi
02-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I actually think Manningham will be a good #2 for somebody but the Bills would benefit wayyy more from Finley than Manningham. Fitz needs that big target.

DBrown77
02-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Are we talking TE or WR here?

The King
02-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Way too unreliable... he had success this year based on the fact that Nicks and Cruz go the attention.

Mahdi
02-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Way too unreliable... he had success this year based on the fact that Nicks and Cruz go the attention.
I think its the opposite. I think Manningham is overlooked because those 2 are among the best in the NFL.

In the right offense Manningham has the skills to succeed. Great hands, great body control. Very good route runner.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-06-2012, 01:21 PM
heres the thing... i dont think nix wants to take a wr early in the draft because usually it takes 2 years for wrs to make an impact...

and when you factor in we need a number 2, not a 1, and that colston, bowe, and jackson will cost way to much, i just think mario is the perfect number 2...

i saw this guy play at michigan.... he came up big in the biggest moments...

just makes more sense...

more cowbell
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I guarantee our first pick is Michael Floyd and Steve Johnson is on a different team in 2012.

I nailed it with Spiller a few years ago...so let's revisit this thread in late April.

YardRat
02-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm with clumpy....pass on Mario, bring in Bowe.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I guarantee our first pick is Michael Floyd and Steve Johnson is on a different team in 2012.

I nailed it with Spiller a few years ago...so let's revisit this thread in late April.

UGH...

can we please build up our pass rush, depth on the oline... seriously...

we have zero pass rush!

im so sick of taking skill guys when you can find them later in the draft.... especially rbs and wrs...they are a dime a dozen. big men who are athletic are very rare...

please take the sec de in upshaw! its a no brainer.

Bert102176
02-06-2012, 05:16 PM
UGH...

can we please build up our pass rush, depth on the oline... seriously...

we have zero pass rush!

im so sick of taking skill guys when you can find them later in the draft.... especially rbs and wrs...they are a dime a dozen. big men who are athletic are very rare...

please take the sec de in upshaw! its a no brainer.

who says it's a no brainer, I see a lot of Maybin in him, and their is no guarantee on any draft pick from 1st round to the 7th, was rick mirror a no brainer coming out of the draft, and where is he now?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-06-2012, 05:32 PM
who says it's a no brainer, I see a lot of Maybin in him, and their is no guarantee on any draft pick from 1st round to the 7th, was rick mirror a no brainer coming out of the draft, and where is he now?

maybin had one good year where he bunched up sacks vs suck teams and was a one trick pony who weighed 220lbs. not to mention he played in the big ten...

upshaw has versatile pass rush moves, can overpower, and has dominated for 2 years while starting for almost 3... IN THE SEC
really dude?

YardRat
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Rick Mirer?

The Jokeman
02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
he has not just had 1 good game....
Don't get me wrong Manningham is an interesting guy but I'd rather go with someone a little more proven. As this year was supposed to be his breakout year but instead Victor Cruz broke out so that's why am a little hesitatant. In a perfect world I'd love to see us get re-signing Stevie and grabbing Finley and Robert Meachem but with the way the front office operates I wouldn't be shocked to us end up with re-signing Scott Chandler and bringing in a guy like Joel Dreessen or Kellen Davis and bringing back Derek Hagan and signing Legedu Naanee.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
naanee wouldnt be that popular but would actually be a nice signing... is he colston? no. but he is a big physical wr that has made big plays.

The Jokeman
02-07-2012, 06:32 PM
naanee wouldnt be that popular but would actually be a nice signing... is he colston? no. but he is a big physical wr that has made big plays.
Naanee was a good #3 in Carolina and probably his best role, I just worry that the Bills brass might bring him in under the guise that he's a guy who's going to improve with more playing time. Much like Larry Tripplett, Spencer Johnson, Reggie Torbor. Ie depth guys who turn out to be nothing more than depth guys.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Naanee was a good #3 in Carolina and probably his best role, I just worry that the Bills brass might bring him in under the guise that he's a guy who's going to improve with more playing time. Much like Larry Tripplett, Spencer Johnson, Reggie Torbor. Ie depth guys who turn out to be nothing more than depth guys.

keep in mind byrd, wood, and levitre are up soon. plus i dont think nix has given up on easley as being that big fast number 2.

naanee would be solid insurance against easley and would add that other big target down the field at a cheaper price. i prefer to build through the draft, sign our own big time talent and bring in mid tier free agents. jmo...

the only time i would break that rule would be for mario williams or possibly cliff avril...

ie when you are close, its ok to get a takeo spikes signing...

Cali512
02-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Its funny, i didnt know how short he was, so when i saw 6-5 that didnt surprise me, 6-0 suprised the hell out of me tho!

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Makes 1 big catch and all of a sudden we want him...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-08-2012, 08:30 AM
colston would be a dream come true! im just not sure nix can get it done...

naanee and mario manningham are more reasonable...

if mcgee, mckelvin, s johnson, edwards, and merriman all get cut... i think we can get 1 big free agent like colston and then another tier 2 free agent like wheeler...