PDA

View Full Version : 8,000 pounds of Butterfingers remind Pats of dropped passes!

imbondz
02-07-2012, 02:40 PM
LOL. Wow. this is too good!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/8000-pounds-of-butterfingers-remind-pats-of-dropped-passes/1

Wow. Talk about piling on.

As the Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants basked in the glow of a ticker tape parade through Manhattan on Tuesday, a Denver-based online pawn shop took the opportunity to take a jab at the vanquished New England Patriots.

By G.E. Branch, USA TODAY

Michael82
02-07-2012, 03:00 PM
:rofl: That's awesome! And the Patriots deserve every bit of this. :snicker:

OpIv37
02-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm seeing/hearing a lot more about the Patriots losing than the Giants winning.

That just proves how deep the hatred of that team runs. Pretty much everyone who lives more than 100 miles from Boston despises them.

JCBills
02-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm seeing/hearing a lot more about the Patriots losing than the Giants winning.

That just proves how deep the hatred of that team runs. Pretty much everyone who lives more than 100 miles from Boston despises them.

A lot of them popped up in Connecticut once the 90's were over. I live in the most confused sports area of the country. You see a lot of people just pick winning teams and go with that. I know people that are Pats, Yankees, and Lakers fans. Others that are Celtics, Yankees, and Cowboys fans. Its pretty absurd.

imbondz
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Watching sports would be so much easier if you just jumped bandwagon after bandwagon. Or if the Bills would just win. #$%#$%* Bills.

Albany,n.y.
02-07-2012, 05:46 PM
When did Gisele buy Pawngo?

Historian
02-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Let's be clear:

There are no Don Beebes on that Patriot team who would run down a ballcarrier while losing by 35 points.

They have no heart. I think they deserve the abuse.

imbondz
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Welker would.

Historian
02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Doubt it.

mikemac2001
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Welker would.

welker would

he has always played with heart

my buddy is a huge dolphin fan and we always play madden, but i would always say welker has 99 heart when he was a dolphin because he has always played hard...he is the only pat i respect

Thurmal
02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
It sucks that Welker is taking heat for "dropping" that ball that was really poorly thrown by Brady.

MikeNC
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I had never heard of Pawngo until reading this, I'd say they may have been successfull getting their name out there...

Cali512
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
It sucks that Welker is taking heat for "dropping" that ball that was really poorly thrown by Brady.

Wtf why not the Branch drop? That was jus about as important!

Jeff1220
02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
In the article update, it says the owner apologized for the gesture offending Patriots fans. I didn't know people had to apologize for being awesome.

Cali512
02-08-2012, 05:50 PM
In the article update, it says the owner apologized for the gesture offending Patriots fans. I didn't know people had to apologize for being awesome.

Its cuz our Owners a pussy and turned the NFL, to national fruitcake league

BillsfaninFL
02-09-2012, 04:57 AM
If we must talk about the hated Patriots, then even though it hurts me to say it, Robert Kraft is the type of owner we wish Ralph was. In the latest (Feb. 6th) issue of Sports Illustrated, They have an article entitled How Robert Kraft Turned the Patriots into the NFL's Model Franchise. In the article it covers things like his obsession with wanting to own the local football team (as opposed to wanting to make a business investment). He wanted top coaching, so after Parcells left, he hired Belichick even though he had to pay a penalty to the Jets to get him. By comparison, Ralph never paid top dollar for a coach. He just told us he would, but didn't. Kraft made comments in the article regarding Bledsoe vs. Brady. Even though Bledsoe was one of the most prolific QBs in the league and Kraft said "I love the guy," Belichick wanted to go with Brady. So Kraft approved the trade with Buffalo, and said "That was a tough one. But you've got to back your key managers when they make a decision." We all know what has happened when Bills management did not agree with Wilson.

I hate the Patriots and nothing would make me happier than to see them go into decline (as has been wrongly prophesized the last few years), but I wish our team's owner was driven by the desire to have a perrenial competitor, was willing to pay more to make it happen and after hiring football experts would support their attempts to make the team better, rather than creating constraints like "Cash to the Cap."

Jeff1220
02-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Its cuz our Owners a pussy and turned the NFL, to national fruitcake league

I meant the owner of Pawngo - the company that paid for the candy bars to get dropped off there.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Wtf why not the Branch drop? That was jus about as important!

Or the Hernandez drop that hit him in the hands.

Cali512
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Or the Hernandez drop that hit him in the hands.

People say welker makes that catch 9/10. Yet he was in mid air turning around while 2 defenders were on either side of him. Thats difficult, and scary!

Cali512
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I meant the owner of Pawngo - the company that paid for the candy bars to get dropped off there.

Read it wrong my bad