PDA

View Full Version : Stefon Diggs

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Feb 10th is the big day that the drama will finally end for this high school standout.

This talented WR/PR/KR will finally make the announcement.

I am hearing that it is narrowed down to 4 schools.

Florida
Auburn
Ohio St
Maryland

Maryland had there last crack at him since he is the #1 high school player in the state of Maryland.

Rivals and most sites have him listed as the #2 Athlete or #8 overall player in High School.

As of 3 weeks ago I thought it was a 2 school race between Florida and Auburn with Digg's family really liking him to go to Florida.

Florida has told him he would be a feature player in the swamp.

1 visit that he made that made Gator fans a little on easy was his trip to Columbus to meet with the Buckeyes and Coach Urban Meyer.
His selling point is look what Percy Harvin did in my offense while at Florida.....
The only good thong about this visit it was a half day spent with Urban and the rest of the coaches. I don't think they got enough time with Diggs and his family.

Diggs is similar to Percy Harvin/Desean Jackson....

6'1 190 4.4 40 time

Well as a Florida fan this would be icing on the cake for a great 2012 recruiting class......

IMO Diggs will either put on the Gator hat or a Terps hat.

CleveSteve
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I think Davonte Neal has been holding this guy up. Neal has visited Ark, AZ, ND, UNC and tOSU. He reportedly was leaning towards Ohio State due to some family connections, but now has a visit scheduled with Arizona on 2/10 (same day Diggs says he's signing.) I think Diggs didn't want to go to OSU if Neal was going to be there, as they kind of occupy the same role. It's possible OSU could lose out on both guys, which would be a major bummer.

k-oneputt
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
OSU or Florida for Diggs.

psubills62
02-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I have to laugh at Urban Meyer's selling points. He always seems to tell any athlete that they'll be "the next Percy Harvin." There's only been one Percy Harvin under Meyer. Look at all the other guys who tried to be Harvin and generally failed. If anyone falls for that line, they're just dumb.

It seems the predictions for Diggs change every day.

psubills62
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I think Davonte Neal has been holding this guy up. Neal has visited Ark, AZ, ND, UNC and tOSU. He reportedly was leaning towards Ohio State due to some family connections, but now has a visit scheduled with Arizona on 2/10 (same day Diggs says he's signing.) I think Diggs didn't want to go to OSU if Neal was going to be there, as they kind of occupy the same role. It's possible OSU could lose out on both guys, which would be a major bummer.
I don't think OSU would be able to take both. Quite sure it was either one or the other.

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't think OSU would be able to take both. Quite sure it was either one or the other.

They can't take both anyway they only have 1 scholarship left to give.
I don't think they will get Diggs just because Stefon did say he wants to play down South...
But you never know day to day...
From what I hear on the college recruit front (NO ONE) has a clue where he is going....

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Just went on 247sports.com
Stated that Diggs has narrowed down to 3.
FL, Maryland, and Ohio St

FL and Maryland be 1-2 and Ohio St a long shot.

All along I thought that he was Florida then he still made visits...

I guess we will see Friday.

CleveSteve
02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah PSU, that's what I was saying. They'll only be getting one max and I think Diggs had been waiting on Neal... didn't want to go to OSU if Neal was going there (as was the leading thought leading up to that.) Neal's been dragging his feet and now I think OSU might miss out on both if Neal decides to stay at home in AZ.

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah PSU, that's what I was saying. They'll only be getting one max and I think Diggs had been waiting on Neal... didn't want to go to OSU if Neal was going there (as was the leading thought leading up to that.) Neal's been dragging his feet and now I think OSU might miss out on both if Neal decides to stay at home in AZ.

From what Im reading today Ohio St will probably miss out on Diggs but i don't want to jinx this at all......

Becasue if Im Diggs having the opportuinty between <aryland and Florida I know where Im going........BIAS of course.....

DraftBoy
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Neal eliminated Oklahoma and Ohio State the other night.

JC Shurburtt (Director 247) perdicted Neal to ND and Diggs to Maryland. Others are saying Diggs to UF. Not much chatter about any other schools.

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM

JC Shurburtt (Director 247) perdicted Neal to ND and Diggs to Maryland. Others are saying Diggs to UF. Not much chatter about any other schools.

Yea it's pretty much FL or Maryland right now.

Would look good in gainesville.

DraftBoy
02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Yea it's pretty much FL or Maryland right now.

Would look good in gainesville.

Not sure about that, same exact thing was said about Debose.

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Not sure about that, same exact thing was said about Debose.

Debose is coming around.
Think he will have a good year coming up.
With mease running the show at Fl I figure we should see a turn around on that side of the ball.
I think it depends what QB he decides is the way to go.
Brisett or Driskel, 2 very good young talents

psubills62
02-08-2012, 01:30 PM
That was kind of my point, though. If OSU can only take one and Diggs wanted to go to OSU, he would have committed before Neal had a chance to do so.

Not saying he won't commit to OSU, just don't think that was the reason Diggs was dragging it out.

psubills62
02-08-2012, 01:32 PM

I think JC recently changed his guess to Diggs to OSU. Nobody seems to know for sure.

tampabay25690
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I think JC recently changed his guess to Diggs to OSU. Nobody seems to know for sure.

JC said to Maryland about 1 hour ago.

psubills62
02-08-2012, 02:20 PM
JC said to Maryland about 1 hour ago.
Must have been someone else then.

tampabay25690
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
More tweeting from Diggs this morning:

"Contrary to what you hear I have not made a decision . A lot of people going be mad at me . But oh we'll gotta make the best decision for me"

"Even my own city might be mad at me ."

"Shock the world ! See you later twitter.."

Here is a tweet from DIGGS this AM

tampabay25690
02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Signed letter with MARYLAND

DraftBoy
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Good for him, nobody can fault him for wanting to stay close to family and friends.

tampabay25690
02-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Good for him, nobody can fault him for wanting to stay close to family and friends.

I don't at all...

SaviorEdwards
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I wish him the best. Please don't suck Edsall LOL

Cali512
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Lol he goes to all these states drags it out so long, now hes staying at Maryland.

Night Train
02-15-2012, 04:59 AM
Huge Buckeye fan but did my grad work at Maryland. Good for him to stay home and play in front of family. I loved that campus and old Byrd stadium. Great school.

tampabay25690
02-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Huge Buckeye fan but did my grad work at Maryland. Good for him to stay home and play in front of family. I loved that campus and old Byrd stadium. Great school.

Im happy for him staying at home...
But why go past NSD to make that discission, now you just have a bigger taget on your back .

k-oneputt
02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
He wanted the limelight, that's why.

Why else would he go for the big production in front of the hometown fans a week later ?

tampabay25690
02-15-2012, 08:54 AM
He wanted the limelight, that's why.

Why else would he go for the big production in front of the hometown fans a week later ?

WOW you are good.
Of course he did...
Stupid IMO when you aren't the #1 prospect in the country.
Now he is going to mid level ACC team...Yikes pressure is in his court now...

k-oneputt
02-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Pressure ? for what ? Playing on a mediocre team that will be lucky to go to some scrub bowl. Big deal. Pussed out as far as I'm concerned.
He can pile up stats in front of his family and win five games a year.

DraftBoy
02-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Pressure ? for what ? Playing on a mediocre team that will be lucky to go to some scrub bowl. Big deal. Pussed out as far as I'm concerned.

Im asking because I actually want claification on this, is every kid who signs with another conference "pussing out" or just Diggs?

tampabay25690
02-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Yea of course pressure.
If he went to Florida, Ohio St, or even Auburn he would have that pressure that he put on himself right on his back.
Thats what happens when you wait till after NSD to do your own signing day.

On the record he wanted to play in his home state and I don't fault him for that.....

k-oneputt
02-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Do you want to compete with the best of the best or not ? I guess he does not.

I'm sure he will put up nice numbers at Maryland, but I know he will never have the chance to play for a NC.

SaviorEdwards
02-24-2012, 04:55 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/nghapLZI0ZmywbJdh0fIzw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptuspreprally/Stefon-Diggs-Jeremy-Lin-Tweet-Twitter.jpg

CleveSteve
02-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Interesting way of referring to genitals.