PDA

View Full Version : Wow out of the top 5 sack leaders in the NFL

Cali512
02-08-2012, 12:34 PM
3 were picked within 6 slots after buffalo

Jason babin was picked 5 picks after us in 2004
Jason Piere paul picked 6 picks after us in 2010
Aldon Smith picked 4 picks after us in 2011

Now ik we got Dareus with the last pick but thats not the point. Not only this but Orakpo was taken i believe 2 slots after us in 2009, Cushing the same year got taken 2 more slots later, along with Matthews who was picked 15 picks later! Now the reason i posted this mainly was because i was just thinking, who would be the one passrusher i would want for us to have. I thought of Aldon smith, then Piere Paul and it registered to me how we had a chance to get both! So i made this, now we have a chance at Upshaw this year, dont mess it up! Clay Matthews was also taken with the 26th pick! We need to really really study these guys this year. If i was OBD, i would be studying these passrushers and pretty much say f everything else. If we cant get a passrusher, we failed this year.

CleveSteve
02-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Earlier today I was wondering what might call for use of this smiley... I think this qualifies.

:offair:

ThunderGun
02-08-2012, 02:16 PM
...We need to really really study these guys this year...

I'd rather they just take whoever Mel Kiper has ranked highest when they're on the board. If they had just done that for the last decade, we'd probably have made the playoffs at least once.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I'd rather they just take whoever Mel Kiper has ranked highest when they're on the board. If they had just done that for the last decade, we'd probably have made the playoffs at least once.
On the other hand, this year we might have ended up with DaQuan Bowers and his bum knee.

dannyek71
02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
We have Spiller. He is just as good as JPP right?

Cali512
02-08-2012, 05:57 PM

Hell to the ya

Crisis
02-08-2012, 07:31 PM
I remember everyone on here thinking JPP would be a bust. How'd that work out?

Luisito23
02-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I remember everyone on here thinking JPP would be a bust. How'd that work out?

If he was picked by Buffalo, I guarantee you he would of became just that...

ThunderGun
02-09-2012, 11:37 AM
On the other hand, this year we might have ended up with DaQuan Bowers and his bum knee.

???

Kiper had Dareus at #4 on his board....after Peterson, Miller and Green. Now, I'm still glad we got Dareus, but that's probably the first time since Marshawn that I've liked one of our 1st round picks.

ddaryl
02-09-2012, 12:40 PM
1st rd CB's are almost a waste when you have no ability to rush the passer..

Spiller was a luxury pick that might pan out over time.

We all no Maybin should have never been drafted where he was o rby the Bills at all.. but that wasn't Nix...

but Nix has had 2 1st rd picks. He took Spiller and Dareus.. Dareus was a no brainier, Spiller was a luxury, but may pan out.

before that it was the Brandon, Marv and Jauron show and you just have to toss that our and forget about it.

OpIv37
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Has anyone ever gone back to see who was taken after the Bills selected Bruce Smith back in 1985? Of course not- no one cares who was drafted after your pick if your pick turns out to be a star.

That's where the Bills consistently fail.

Cali512
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
1st rd CB's are almost a waste when you have no ability to rush the passer..

Spiller was a luxury pick that might pan out over time.

We all no Maybin should have never been drafted where he was o rby the Bills at all.. but that wasn't Nix...

but Nix has had 2 1st rd picks. He took Spiller and Dareus.. Dareus was a no brainier, Spiller was a luxury, but may pan out.

before that it was the Brandon, Marv and Jauron show and you just have to toss that our and forget about it.

Ya you see Aaron Williams and McKelvin struggle so bad. If your QB struggles because hes always getting hit, you get a OL. If your CBs struggle bc they have to cover for 5+ seconds long, then you get a pass rush. For some reason our front office hasnt dont a good job at solving this since the Flutie era with Rogers and Newman. Now trying to back this up i looked at some of our seasons and it just occured to me how great our drafting used to be. Look at the 1999 draft

1- Windfield- Has started every year hes played
2- Price- 2nd WR for pretty much the whole Moulds era
3- Bryson- Was our speed back and started for a few years
4- Newman- 2nd year had 8 sacks, but then faltered. But hey, for a 4th rounder
4- Collins- Bust- Idk him
5- Foreman- Became our starting ILB for us and had 3 100 + tackle yrs

Then there was Fisher who didnt do anything here but had 2 very good years geting 8 sacks then 9

mikemac2001
02-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Hey you could look at every teams draft and say they could of would of

Cali512
02-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Hey you could look at every teams draft and say they could of would of

Ya but weve needed a consistant pass rush for 10 years, and weve taken so many players instead of Clay Matthews, Paul, Babin, etc etc. Its pretty ****ty lol. At least you guys got your freak on the end from canada

mikemac2001
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Ya but weve needed a consistant pass rush for 10 years, and weve taken so many players instead of Clay Matthews, Paul, Babin, etc etc. Its pretty ****ty lol. At least you guys got your freak on the end from canada

Orakpo is the only one that bugs me...drafting maybin was done when he was sitting there....but it was different people in charge...its like talking about an ex gf/bf

SABURZFAN
02-09-2012, 05:42 PM

:chuckle: