PDA

View Full Version : observations from last night's game

chernobylwraiths
02-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Broadcasters couldn't stop talking about the Bruins. I know they won the cup last year, but quit drooling all over them.

Milbury is an ass and has never liked the Sabres. Funny how marginal players who were goonish like Milbury and Jones are the best they can come up with as analysts.

Sabres WERE lucky on some of their goals, goodness knows they usually never are, but they played a really good game.

Boston's goal should have counted, but I won't complain.

Miller was right, Lucic IS a piece of excrement.

Chara is a big baby and stupid for taking that penalty.

Miller played about as good as you can and has been for the last couple weeks.

Thorton has no value as a player, but I wish I had someone like him on my team.

I would love to see Gerbe crack someone in the mouth the next time they pat him on the head.

Skooby
02-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Typical NE players, they fold like a tent when pressed.

The King
02-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I thought the Sabres played really well. The Bruins certainly didnt.

That being said you guys should've focused on the task at hand and continued to play your game the extra curricular stuff does not play into your favor at all.

camelcowboy
02-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Typical NE players, they fold like a tent when pressed.Really, I hate beaners like the next Buffalonian but us calling them chokers doesn't sit well.

GreedoII
02-09-2012, 06:31 AM
It's the coach...Ruff is the problem

don137
02-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Milbury is as bad as analyst as he was coach and GM. Quit being an obvious homer. Funny how he loves the goons from Boston but rips on Kaleta. Can't have it both ways.
Weber adds no value to this team. He sucks at defense and is worse as a fighter.
Leino played a very good game for the Sabres even though did not care for his snow on Thomas. He definitely got under the Bruins skin and were more concerned with going after Leino than playing hockey at times.

OpIv37
02-09-2012, 07:49 AM
I thought the Sabres played really well. The Bruins certainly didnt.

That being said you guys should've focused on the task at hand and continued to play your game the extra curricular stuff does not play into your favor at all.

The fights seem to get progressively worse for the Sabres.

The first fight between McCormick and Thornton was pretty even- I'd call it a split decision for Thornton.

Then Lucic definitely got the best of Kaleta, although it didn't seem to bother Kaleta much.

Then Thornton beat the living hell out of Weber. That was a mismatch.

But, it was two teams that don't like each other and the score was out of hand. That's a recipe for fighting every time.

The King
02-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Kaleta also took a shot from McQuaid.

If Kaleta is going to play like that he need to take of the cage.

SabreEleven
02-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Kaleta also took a shot from McQuaid.

If Kaleta is going to play like that he need to take of the cage.

You mean when Kaleta was on the ice and McQuaid cheap shot him?

DMBcrew36
02-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Milburry is a Bruin who does broadcasts for NESN -- what do you expect?

The King
02-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Milburry is a Bruin who does broadcasts for NESN -- what do you expect?

He doesnt do Nesn anymore.

The King
02-09-2012, 08:49 AM
You mean when Kaleta was turtled the ice and McQuaid cheap shot him?

Kaleta did more than his part to get that shot, he was trying to take McQuaid down then Weber piled on and started dragging him around as well. Someone was going to get a shot.

Crisis
02-09-2012, 09:02 AM
lol why would kaleta fight with a couple minutes left in a 6-0 game?

kaleta played his game perfectly and the bruins looked like idiots chasing him and leino around all game.

The King
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm sure he's feeling it today.

The B's got beat early and basically fell apart there's no question about that. It's just one game though, they'll wake up.

DMBcrew36
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM
He doesnt do Nesn anymore.

He's still a bean blower

OpIv37
02-09-2012, 09:18 AM
And honestly, while the verbal fellatio on the Bruins was annoying, I liked it in the end. The announcers came off as fools talking about how great the Bruins are while they were getting their asses handed to them by the team that's 12th in the conference.

SkateZilla
02-09-2012, 09:25 AM
wouldnt be surprised if suspensions be handed out to both sides for the events of last night.

Lucic, 1 game or a fine for the cross check to kaleta's head
couple fines/suspensions for both sides in regards to the straight up BS going on, specially with the guy pushing poms coming off the bench to fight then starting with poms again.

OpIv37
02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Lucic should definitely be suspended for hitting Kaleta in the back of the head.

There was a lot of chippy stuff going back and forth by both teams, but that's the only thing I saw that really struck me as suspension-worthy. The rest of it was just hockey players being hockey players.

The King
02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Are you guys talking about when Kaleta was down on all fours and Luc skated by?

SkateZilla
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
yeah, he pretty much just smacked kaleta in the back of the head, classless more than anything...

also, i remember seeing Lieno on the bench screaming at Roy, and Roy has this "whatever dude" look on his face....

OpIv37
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Are you guys talking about when Kaleta was down on all fours and Luc skated by and cross checked him in the back of the head?

Yes.

And don't even say Kaleta faked it. Lucic came from behind, Kaleta had no way of seeing him or knowing when he'd be there to pull off a fake.

SkateZilla
02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Lucic should definitely be suspended for hitting Kaleta in the back of the head.

There was a lot of chippy stuff going back and forth by both teams, but that's the only thing I saw that really struck me as suspension-worthy. The rest of it was just hockey players being hockey players.

there is a rule against teams starting fights in the closing minutes of a lopsided blow out game... so...

The King
02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Yes.

And don't even say Kaleta faked it. Lucic came from behind, Kaleta had no way of seeing him or knowing when he'd be there to pull off a fake.

I don't know if I consider that suspension worthy but Luc does have a history so who knows.

SkateZilla
02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
OMG,

opening Line from NHL.com's recap:

Maybe Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff should watch every game from the press box.

Hahahahahhaha, so weak right now,.

rbochan
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
The Bruins had 6 guys on the ice for the Thornton/Weber fight when everyone else paired off. Funny how they start fights around line changes and guys don't come off the ice, using the change as an excuse. I think it warrants further attention from the league, but it won't happen.

It's exactly what happened during the Canucks game a few weeks ago... They went as far as reversing the Lucic penalty for leaving the bench after the game.

don137
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
The Bruins had 6 guys on the ice for the Thornton/Weber fight when everyone else paired off. Funny how they start fights around line changes and guys don't come off the ice, using the change as an excuse. I think it warrants further attention from the league, but it won't happen.

It's exactly what happened during the Canucks game a few weeks ago... They went as far as reversing the Lucic penalty for leaving the bench after the game.

The Sabres are no angels especially Kaleta but Boston have a lot of dirty players on their team. I think they are the dirtiest team in hockey right now which cracks me up when Milbury complains about Kaleta basically calling him a piece of sh** on the air yesterday.

The King
02-09-2012, 04:24 PM
The Sabres are no angels especially Kaleta but Boston have a lot of dirty players on their team. I think they are the dirtiest team in hockey right now which cracks me up when Milbury complains about Kaleta basically calling him a piece of sh** on the air yesterday.

You havent seen Vancouver play much have you?

Skooby
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
The league has their head so far up Boston's *** that they can smell the chowder getting eatin' hot.

SkateZilla
02-09-2012, 05:10 PM
They are still looking for the Tea.

don137
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, I have the Center Ice package so I have seen them play a fair amount. Bruins are by far the biggest thugs.

Boychuck (slash to injure Vanek), Lucic, Chara, Marchand, Thornton, etc are truly dirty players. I am not saying they are not talented but they are very dirty.

DMBcrew36
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM

LOL.. who? Lapierre? He's one guy. The Vancouver roster is relatively tame.

Electrici
02-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Milbury I can't stand, but I'll go out on a limb about Keith Jones. For being an ex-flyer, he does give Buffalo credit more times than I would expect of him.