Only if we had Superman!!! Wait we did..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Only if we had Superman!!! Wait we did..

buffalobills.com
    Republished July 1, 2003

By Tim O'Shei

Let's establish something right away: Athletes have this thing for Superman. If you ever find yourself standing amongst football players, you'll notice a Superman tattoo on at least one bicep from each team. Probably because it helps them gain a psychological edge. Right now, the Bills' current Superman devotee is '01 draft pick Tony Driver, who had the "S" needled into his skin back in high school. A decade ago, wide receiver Brad Lamb drew the laughs of teammates (particularly James Lofton) when he told them that his college nickname was "Superman."

With training camp nearing, this is the ideal time to flash back to the day when a future Superman tried out for the Buffalo Bills.

From Princeton to Fredonia

Dean Cain came to Bills training camp in 1988 as a rookie free agent out of Princeton. Having grown up in Santa Monica with a dad (Chris Cain) who was a movie director, Dean had Hollywood credentials, Hollywood looks, and even a Hollywood ex-girlfriend. While at Princeton, you see, Dean had dated a girl named Brooke Shields. That enraptured his new teammates instantly. "I was noticed for two things," Cain said back in '95. "For Princeton, and for Brooke. A couple guys were like, 'What are you, a kicker?'"

Not at all. Cain was a safety, and a good one, too. He had set two college records at Princeton: most interceptions in a season (12) and most per game (1.2). He chose to audition for the NFL with the Bills because the starting free safety at the time, Mark Kelso, has experienced head injuries. Plus, Cain knew that under coach Marv Levy's system, he would get the chance to play in the preseason and prove himself. Provided, of course, that he did not get hurt.

full story at BuffaloBills.com
    Last edited by BADTHINGSMAN; 07-01-2003, 09:55 PM.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Hey Silent...Thanks for the article.... but so we aren't in violation of copyright laws and guilty of lifting full works, can yoiu shorten it to a few paragraphs and give a link?

Thanks!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information

that is where you found it right?
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

Yup thanks ublink..

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

I saw it the first time it was posted

years ago on BB.com.

Aside from being cheap I wonder why they are repeating stories?

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I added the link.......LOL

Next week- Tim O'Shei looks at the new Bills Punter- Paul MaGuire

Comment

• gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

I watch Lois and Clark on TBS with my son, and the other morning, Clark Kent had a Bills hat on. I was telling my son that Superman was a Buffalo fan.
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by gunzlingr
                I watch Lois and Clark on TBS with my son, and the other morning, Clark Kent had a Bills hat on. I was telling my son that Superman was a Buffalo fan.
                Why did you lie to your kid like that, your kid is probably crush now, because he's Phin's man..He just doesn't want to tell you for fear of hurting you, but when he grows up, he'll be a dolphin Man..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

I've been told I'm an (older, stupider) looking version of Dean Cain

Last edited by Ð; 07-03-2003, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I remember whe Dean Cain was trying out for the Billd he blew a knee out before his first preseason game. It bites that he goot hurt he was gonna be a good one.
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                      • Aug 2002

MD the Dolphins are all pieces of crap and of course Dean Cain is a Bills fan since he was a Bill
                      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

Working...
                      X