PDA

View Full Version : Tim Thomas: I have a right not to answer those qestions

Skooby
02-09-2012, 05:07 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/09/thomas-walks-out-on-reporters-i-have-the-right-not-to-answer-those-questions/

don137
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Thomas is one of my favorite NHL players. He truly loves the game and I have no problem seeing him not answer those questions. The media needs to let it go and find something else to do. I know where they can go and eat 8,000 lbs of butterfingers. That should keep them busy for a while.

G Wolly
02-09-2012, 06:29 PM
The media needs to let it go and find something else to do.

that's EXACTLY what the media's job is. To find a story and get the answers behind it.

he should keep his opinions to himself if he doesn't expect people wanting him to address them.

Nothing about facebook makes it a private personal matter. It's called a social network for a reason.

Shut up and play hockey or stand by your opinions and address them when asked.

clumping platelets
02-09-2012, 07:08 PM
But yet he claims his freedoms are being infringed...........just another :coocoo: teabagger

don137
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
that's EXACTLY what the media's job is. To find a story and get the answers behind it.

he should keep his opinions to himself if he doesn't expect people wanting him to address them.

Nothing about facebook makes it a private personal matter. It's called a social network for a reason.

Shut up and play hockey or stand by your opinions and address them when asked.
If he never said anything the media would of been after him as well for not going to the WH. He explained himself on facebook to anyone that was his 'friend' as his reasons for not going. Either way he was in a no win situation for doing what he believes in. Why does he need to explain more? Two weeks later they are trying to make a bigger story out of it. Time to move on. Who cares what his political beliefs are. I respect him for doing what he believes in.

OpIv37
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
He has a right to his private life IF he chooses to keep it private.

But he can't post stuff on a public forum like Facebook then get all pissy and defensive when reporters ask him about it. If you're going to take a stand, take a stand- don't pussy out just because some reporter asks you a question.

SabreEleven
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
But yet he claims his freedoms are being infringed...........just another :coocoo: teabagger

But if his right were infringed because he was offended because it said God on the dollar bill, it would be just fine, huh?

trapezeus
02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
i like it. goalies are headcases. if this story and a couple bad games throws him off his regular rhythm, perfect. i hate boston.

The King
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
He needs to cool it. I accepted the President thing because it was a one time thing. No big deal, but I dont want to hear this crap every week.

Mski
02-10-2012, 11:16 AM
He needs to cool it. I accepted the President thing because it was a one time thing. No big deal, but I dont want to hear this crap every week.he's going to become the next Jim Brown... go from great athlete to political activist

Meathead
02-11-2012, 05:18 AM
sarah palin with pads

SabreEleven
02-11-2012, 07:35 AM
sarah palin with pads

She has pads, just a different type.

Skooby
02-11-2012, 07:48 AM
She has pads, just a different type.

They're both designed to prevent blood from being spilled, so it's not that different.

Cleve
02-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Was he posting on Facebook 'public' or were these posts 'friends only'?

If public, then what does he expect? He's a world-famous sports celebrity. Doesn't matter what his political position is - he could be posting some leftist rants and he'd still get questioned about them.

EDIT - just went and checked - lots of public posts at his FB page.

Again, what does he expect? He should tone it down or make it private - because any sort of political activism (right or left) is a distraction for his team, and it should be all about team at this point.

Dozerdog
02-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Sarah's pads are bigger

Meathead
02-11-2012, 07:21 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2091/iseewhatyoudidthereo.jpg

G Wolly
02-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Who cares what his political beliefs are. I respect him for doing what he believes in.

I don't care what his political beliefs are. It's not how he feels that bothers me. Or how he refuses to go in depth about it.

He was invited to the white house to be honored for an achievement he earned by doing his job.

Put your tea-bagger views aside and suck it up for a couple of hours and join your ****ing team to celebrate a championship victory.