• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Tim Thomas: I have a right not to answer those qestions

Last edited by Skooby; 02-09-2012, 08:31 PM.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Tim Thomas: I have a right not to answer those qestions

Thomas is one of my favorite NHL players. He truly loves the game and I have no problem seeing him not answer those questions. The media needs to let it go and find something else to do. I know where they can go and eat 8,000 lbs of butterfingers. That should keep them busy for a while.

Comment

• G Wolly
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by don137
      The media needs to let it go and find something else to do.
      that's EXACTLY what the media's job is. To find a story and get the answers behind it.

he should keep his opinions to himself if he doesn't expect people wanting him to address them.

Nothing about facebook makes it a private personal matter. It's called a social network for a reason.

Shut up and play hockey or stand by your opinions and address them when asked.
      Last edited by G Wolly; 02-09-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• clumping platelets

But yet he claims his freedoms are being infringed...........just another teabagger

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly
          that's EXACTLY what the media's job is. To find a story and get the answers behind it.

he should keep his opinions to himself if he doesn't expect people wanting him to address them.

Nothing about facebook makes it a private personal matter. It's called a social network for a reason.

Shut up and play hockey or stand by your opinions and address them when asked.
          If he never said anything the media would of been after him as well for not going to the WH. He explained himself on facebook to anyone that was his 'friend' as his reasons for not going. Either way he was in a no win situation for doing what he believes in. Why does he need to explain more? Two weeks later they are trying to make a bigger story out of it. Time to move on. Who cares what his political beliefs are. I respect him for doing what he believes in.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

He has a right to his private life IF he chooses to keep it private.

But he can't post stuff on a public forum like Facebook then get all pissy and defensive when reporters ask him about it. If you're going to take a stand, take a stand- don't pussy out just because some reporter asks you a question.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              But yet he claims his freedoms are being infringed...........just another teabagger
              But if his right were infringed because he was offended because it said God on the dollar bill, it would be just fine, huh?

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i like it. goalies are headcases. if this story and a couple bad games throws him off his regular rhythm, perfect. i hate boston.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

He needs to cool it. I accepted the President thing because it was a one time thing. No big deal, but I dont want to hear this crap every week.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mski
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by King Bedard
                    He needs to cool it. I accepted the President thing because it was a one time thing. No big deal, but I dont want to hear this crap every week.
                    he's going to become the next Jim Brown... go from great athlete to political activist
                    RIP Tommy D!
                    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

sarah palin with pads
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                        sarah palin with pads
                        She has pads, just a different type.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          She has pads, just a different type.
                          They're both designed to prevent blood from being spilled, so it's not that different.

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Was he posting on Facebook 'public' or were these posts 'friends only'?

If public, then what does he expect? He's a world-famous sports celebrity. Doesn't matter what his political position is - he could be posting some leftist rants and he'd still get questioned about them.

EDIT - just went and checked - lots of public posts at his FB page.

Again, what does he expect? He should tone it down or make it private - because any sort of political activism (right or left) is a distraction for his team, and it should be all about team at this point.
                            Last edited by Cleve; 02-11-2012, 08:35 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Sarah's pads are bigger

Comment

Working...
                              X