PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Free Agent QBs

T-Long
02-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I make my predictions in my latest article...let me know your thoughts on it

Full article (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/307444/NFL-Free-Agency-Preview-Quarterbacks)

YardRat
02-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Manning = Tennessee.

The Jokeman
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Manning = Tennessee.
Why would the Colts trade Manning to an inter division foe? Washington makes sense as gets him out of the Conference and the chance at a better draft pick.

T-Long, nice article. Yet in the end I think Peyton is going to end up retiring if the rumors of him stll not beng unable to play are true.

Mike13
02-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Flynn to Miami makes the most sense but I would not rule Manning out as a canidate for the Dolphins either.

better days
02-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Why would the Colts trade Manning to an inter division foe? Washington makes sense as gets him out of the Conference and the chance at a better draft pick.

T-Long, nice article. Yet in the end I think Peyton is going to end up retiring if the rumors of him stll not beng unable to play are true.

The Colts won't trade Manning, they will release him. Washington makes sense because Danny will over pay for old players that can no longer produce.

YardRat
02-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Why would the Colts trade Manning to an inter division foe?

No trade. Cut and sign.

YardRat
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't think there is another team Manning will want to play for other than Tennessee. It's them or retire.

better days
02-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't think there is another team Manning will want to play for other than Tennessee. It's them or retire.

I don't know that Manning would want to play for Tennessee because they are in the same division as the Colts. I doubt Peyton wants to rub it in the face of the City Indianapolis if he can & does play again. JMO.

Prov401
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't know that Manning would want to play for Tennessee because they are in the same division as the Colts. I doubt Peyton wants to rub it in the face of the City Indianapolis if he can & does play again. JMO.
I think the exact opposite. He would be incredibly motivated to prove to everybody, especially the colts, that he can still compete. I believe its Tennessee or Washington as Manning's final destination.

CleveSteve
02-11-2012, 06:17 PM
As much as I would love for the scenario to play out as you envision it, I doubt it will turn out that way. The redskins just aren't very good, so why would manning sign with them? With Eli taking another title this year, I don't thunk peyton would risk giving more credence to those who would say Eli is better by getting his hat handed to him twice a year for the next 2-3 years. Yes, I know they beat the giants twice last year, but that is unlikely to continue IMO.

I think you've left out the biggest possibility in San Francisco. A team that already has a great defense and running game, a strong young OL, and a couple premium targets. Despite Smith playing better this year, he's still not in manning's class and they have relatively little money tied up in the QB position. They've also got a playoff spot pretty much sewn up as the only other team to show a pulse in that division, Seattle, could lose their best offensive and defensive players (Lynch and Bryant) to free agency this year. That gives the team time to get used to the Manning offense, which no doubt he'll insist on running wherever he goes. I'm not that worried about a team not being able to offer enough money... He's already loaded and I don't think it's a matter of going to the highest bidder.

I agree he is unlikely to go to Tennessee because of his relationship with the Indy fans. I wouldn't count Houston out as a dark-horse, though.

Arizona, as you mentioned, is probably the second most-likely IMO.

better days
02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I think the exact opposite. He would be incredibly motivated to prove to everybody, especially the colts, that he can still compete. I believe its Tennessee or Washington as Manning's final destination.

Well, after getting MILLIONS of dollars from the Colts for doing NOTHING this past year, it would make him look like the biggest ass in the NFL to do that.

Prov401
02-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Well, after getting MILLIONS of dollars from the Colts for doing NOTHING this past year, it would make him look like the biggest ass in the NFL to do that.
Why do you shout 1-6 words every post you write? Its silly.

And Peyton has done wonders for the city of indianapolis, from contributions to the community, team, stadium, ect. throughout his career, so save me the not deserving of money b.s. There are as just as many people who think the Colts and owner Jim Irsay look like asses for the way this whole thing with Manning has been dealt with. I cannot understand why you would think Peyton 'I absolutely put the city of Indianapolis on my back for over a decade' Manning, would look like an ass because another NFL franchise in the Tennessee Titans, gave him the chance of starting for their team.

YardRat
02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I agree he is unlikely to go to Tennessee because of his relationship with the Indy fans.

Don't underestimate the revenge factor. Miami was the last place anybody thought Thurman would play for also.

Dreadnaught
02-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Dallas?? Jerry loves to make a splash!! Romo's had his chance. I hate the boys and would really hate them if they sign Manning.