PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Free Agents: Under the Radar Moves to Dramatically Help Each Team

YardRat
02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1062530-2012-nfl-free-agents-under-the-radar-moves-to-dramatically-help-each-team

Buffalo Bills, Jason Jones, DE/DT (Tennessee Titans)

The Bills have to spend their offseason revamping the pass rush that recorded fewer quarterback sacks than any team in 2012. Jones is better on the interior and will eat up defenders, opening up room for defensive ends and outside linebackers.

He will be 26 next season, so he can anchor that defense for a long time. Playing in a division with Tom Brady (http://bleacherreport.com/tom-brady), the Bills will have to attack the quarterback better. Jones would bring that element to Buffalo.

Buddo
02-12-2012, 08:59 AM
So going to a 4-3 base, with Dareus and Williams inside, means we need to upgrade our interior line?
There are some really dumb ideas about at this time of the year. It's like the guy who had us picking a DT @ #10.
I really fail to see how these people actually get stuff out like that, as it's pretty much worthless.

Buddo
02-12-2012, 09:00 AM
BTW, I'm not trying to 'shoot the messenger', I realise it's a link to an article. ;)

Extremebillsfan247
02-12-2012, 09:10 AM
The Bills should be in the market for at least 1 of the CBs on that list.

YardRat
02-12-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't agree with it either, I think we're pretty set on the interior of the defensive line regardless of what base we line up in.

IMO a more appropriate 'under the radar' signing that would improve the team would be C Birk or Gurode from Baltimore, or CB Richard Marshall from Arizona.

ParanoidAndroid
02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I thought our interior O-line was pretty solid until the Wood injury. Are you thinking we should replace him because he's had problems staying healthy or does it kick Wood back to guard?
I like the idea of addressing our CB weakness in FA a lot.

methos4ever
02-12-2012, 11:16 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1062530-2012-nfl-free-agents-under-the-radar-moves-to-dramatically-help-each-team

Buffalo Bills, Jason Jones, DE/DT (Tennessee Titans)

The Bills have to spend their offseason revamping the pass rush that recorded fewer quarterback sacks than any team in 2012. Jones is better on the interior and will eat up defenders, opening up room for defensive ends and outside linebackers.

He will be 26 next season, so he can anchor that defense for a long time. Playing in a division with Tom Brady (http://bleacherreport.com/tom-brady), the Bills will have to attack the quarterback better. Jones would bring that element to Buffalo.
A guy like Jones will most likely head to St Louis or Detroit to work in a system he knows, IMO.

DraftBoy
02-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Jones would be a fantastic get for us. He can play all four DL positions and has a very good power-speed rush combo that he uses to keep OL off balance and guessing. He'd actually be close to if not my #1 target in FA if I were Buffalo.

scartown
02-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Jones would bring nice versatility to the line being able to play all across it but I would rather go after Mincey from the Jags. Also one LB they should take a look at is Erin Henderson from the Vikes. Both would be real solid starters.

YardRat
02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
I thought our interior O-line was pretty solid until the Wood injury. Are you thinking we should replace him because he's had problems staying healthy or does it kick Wood back to guard?
I like the idea of addressing our CB weakness in FA a lot.

We desperately need somebody that can play C at a decently high level in the event of an injury at that position. If that means a back-up that can play guard also, or a guy that beats out Wood for the starting position and kicks him back to guard/reserve center, than so be it as long as the starting five and depth get better.

Night Train
02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Jones would be a fantastic get for us. He can play all four DL positions and has a very good power-speed rush combo that he uses to keep OL off balance and guessing. He'd actually be close to if not my #1 target in FA if I were Buffalo.

If Jones,Dareus & Williams can be on the field at the same time, we've improved dramatically.

Cali512
02-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Why cant we just run a 5 man DL?? Sheppard and Barnett as the 2 LBs. Then u get 3 DT, Jones, Williams, Dareus. Then Upshaw and Kelsay on the end. Holy **** that seems brilliant!

casdhf
02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
We need a rotation guy, unless Troup ever produces.

YardRat
02-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Why cant we just run a 5 man DL?? Sheppard and Barnett as the 2 LBs. Then u get 3 DT, Jones, Williams, Dareus. Then Upshaw and Kelsay on the end. Holy **** that seems brilliant!

If our schedule next season were filled with games against the Orchard Park Quakers, Fredonia Hillbillies, NT Lumberjacks and Lackawanna Steelers I'd be all for it.

methos4ever
02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
If our schedule next season were filled with games against the Orchard Park Quakers, Fredonia Hillbillies, NT Lumberjacks and Lackawanna Steelers I'd be all for it.
Depends on the team. If you look at the Ravens for instance, they've got in their heavy personnel Ngata, Suggs, Cody and Kruger, with the standup backer in Jarrett Johnson, who is underrated in coverage, but also a former lineman. That's the closest I've seen to that.

DraftBoy
02-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Depends on the team. If you look at the Ravens for instance, they've got in their heavy personnel Ngata, Suggs, Cody and Kruger, with the standup backer in Jarrett Johnson, who is underrated in coverage, but also a former lineman. That's the closest I've seen to that.

I've seen the Giants do something similar where they go with a down line of;
Pierre-Paul/Tuck - Joseph - Bernard - Canty and put Sintim as a stand up LB who is also a former DL.

Then again they only ran that when they were healthy.

Mahdi
02-13-2012, 08:06 AM
We desperately need somebody that can play C at a decently high level in the event of an injury at that position. If that means a back-up that can play guard also, or a guy that beats out Wood for the starting position and kicks him back to guard/reserve center, than so be it as long as the starting five and depth get better.
So we should resign Urbik?