PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm Michael Jasper

Cali512
02-12-2012, 12:32 PM
With all this talk about OT, i just remembered. Didnt we move Jasper to OT after last season and Nix or Chan said something like they didnt want teams to see how good of an OT he was and we put him at NT just so he gets a feel for the NFL? If thats the case, could there be alot about him that we dont know about? Im very interested to see what happens with that whole thing. Could this be a Peters or Wilson type thing?

YardRat
02-12-2012, 12:54 PM
One can hope, but it's a long shot. Still prefer to see him on the defensive side of the ball, but if he can become a contributor at OT it won't be a bad thing.

mrbojanglezs
02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Wasnt it gaurd not tackle

YardRat
02-12-2012, 01:03 PM
No, it was tackle.

ddaryl
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
hopefully a full year in the system produced a solid depth player for 2012.

but he is a longshot IMO

ServoBillieves
02-12-2012, 02:34 PM
You plug the middle with a massive beast on D. Putting him as a BACKUP OT after he was drafted to be a NT seems pointless. If you wanted a tank at NT he could have nailed it. I hope the best for him.

Mr. Pink
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
He'll be cut.

acehole
02-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Yes I broke that he would be switched there.

Rt Rg.

Dancing bear he is.

With all this talk about OT, i just remembered. Didnt we move Jasper to OT after last season and Nix or Chan said something like they didnt want teams to see how good of an OT he was and we put him at NT just so he gets a feel for the NFL? If thats the case, could there be alot about him that we dont know about? Im very interested to see what happens with that whole thing. Could this be a Peters or Wilson type thing?

DBrown77
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
He is so good he couldn't sniff the field on either side of the ball.

TigerJ
02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
No, it was tackle.

Funny, I thought it was guard too. The Bills website's official roster lists him only as OL (offensive lineman) like most of the linemen are listed. And Jasper started out at NT because that's where he wanted to start his NFL career. His college coach moved him to offense because that's where he was needed.

The other funny thing is the number of people who thought that if Buffalo didn't want to lose him to another team, they would need to keep imon the active roster, or some other team's sharp GM would snatch him off our practice squad. Turns out he spent most of the season on the PS with nary a sniff from another team. I guess nobody is as smart as Buffalo.

DraftBoy
02-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Moving him to OT last year could have been seen as a bit of panic move if he wasn't developing as a DT. We aren't at practice so we don't know, but anytime you change a guys position mid-season its usually not a good sign for how that player is performing.

He doesn't have the feet to play LT so he's a RT only prospect and he'll need to be way down in weight. If he doesn't show anything this camp he's likely going to be off the roster.

mysticsoto
02-13-2012, 08:17 AM
He's a space eater and would need to be a NT in our def. Moving back to the means he doesn't fit any longer and needs to remain in OL land. Perhaps Chan saw this coming last year and decided, let him get accustomed to playing on the OL instead. Here's hoping he develops, b'cse we need people to step up badly!!!

DesertFox24
02-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Moving him to OT last year could have been seen as a bit of panic move if he wasn't developing as a DT. We aren't at practice so we don't know, but anytime you change a guys position mid-season its usually not a good sign for how that player is performing.

He doesn't have the feet to play LT so he's a RT only prospect and he'll need to be way down in weight. If he doesn't show anything this camp he's likely going to be off the roster.

The moved him there right after training camp. He was listed as OL on the practice squad the whole season.

I have no idea if this guy will do anything at all but with a 7th round pick you take a few gambles like this here and there.

better days
02-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Funny, I thought it was guard too. The Bills website's official roster lists him only as OL (offensive lineman) like most of the linemen are listed. And Jasper started out at NT because that's where he wanted to start his NFL career. His college coach moved him to offense because that's where he was needed.

The other funny thing is the number of people who thought that if Buffalo didn't want to lose him to another team, they would need to keep imon the active roster, or some other team's sharp GM would snatch him off our practice squad. Turns out he spent most of the season on the PS with nary a sniff from another team. I guess nobody is as smart as Buffalo.

Any team that signed Jasper from Buffalo's PS would have had to put him on their active roster. The fact Jasper was not developed enough to make it on the field Sundays does not mean that he will not develop into a good player over time.

DraftBoy
02-13-2012, 08:58 AM
The moved him there right after training camp. He was listed as OL on the practice squad the whole season.

I have no idea if this guy will do anything at all but with a 7th round pick you take a few gambles like this here and there.

He spent time at DL as well in camp if memory serves me correct, could be wrong though. His position was DL coming out of school, as somebody already mentioned he only played OL out of necessity in college and that was at OG not OT.

Bill Cody
02-13-2012, 09:38 AM
The Bills website's official roster lists him only as OL

Well he's big enough to be the whole OL:snicker:

TigerJ
02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
He spent time at DL as well in camp if memory serves me correct, could be wrong though. His position was DL coming out of school, as somebody already mentioned he only played OL out of necessity in college and that was at OG not OT.Yeah, his last year was at guard, but he had played nose tackle earlier in his college career, and if he could, that seems to be his preference. Ijust don't see him as an offensive tackle. He's amazingly athletic for a guy who is pushing 400 lbs, and supposedly he doesn't have that high of body fat percentage, but he's still not going to be able to move his feet in space the way a tackle should.

EDS
02-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I will be surprised if Jasper makes the team next year.

acehole
02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I will be surprised if Jasper makes the team next year.

I will be suprised if he does not.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 08:54 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4839&d=1332336710

The guy is looking pretty svelte. That picture is only a couple weeks old. He is definitely putting in the hard work. I do love an underdog story.

I wonder what he is tipping the scales at now.

Forward_Lateral
03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
He's Jason Peters all over again. Do you people forget that Peters was a converted TE that couldn't crack the field his first season either?

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM
He's Jason Peters all over again. Do you people forget that Peters was a converted TE that couldn't crack the field his first season either?

can't help but to want him to make this team.. love the underdog story... He'll be competing for the OG position this year, and we need better OL depth

acehole
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM

That news was broke by yours truly.

RT only for now....probably not this year.

They are both working on it.

ddaryl
03-21-2012, 10:37 AM
That news was broke by your truly.

He is being groomed for OG

Meathead
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
pretty sure it was g not t. hes listed as rg on their depth chart

acehole
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
pretty sure it was g not t. hes listed as rg on their depth chart

Yes but they want him at RT is the long term plan.

DraftBoy
03-21-2012, 11:09 AM
That news was broke by yours truly.

What news? We've known that Jasper flipped positions for a long time now.

bosshogg21
03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
This guy absolutely sucks. I admit I was intrigued when I heard how big he was. Did you guys not watch the preseason last year? He's probably the slowest man off the line I've ever seen and barely holds his ground against smaller players. I was extremely underwhelmed.

mysticsoto
03-21-2012, 11:50 AM
This guy absolutely sucks. I admit I was intrigued when I heard how big he was. Did you guys not watch the preseason last year? He's probably the slowest man off the line I've ever seen and barely holds his ground against smaller players. I was extremely underwhelmed.

You sure you were looking at the right person??? Jasper is not slow and he definitely can hold his ground against anyone...the guy is a mountain! What he couldn't do is get pass his initial blocker b'cse he relied too much on bullrushing. And if he couldn't do it, then he'd get stuck. Which was why, I feel, they moved him to the Oline. Too much potential to just throw away...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-21-2012, 11:53 AM
i think jasper and keith williams are being groomed to replace urbik or rinehart, whoever leaves next year...

acehole
03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
What news? We've known that Jasper flipped positions for a long time now.

Well I said it long before it happened.

Luck? Inside info?

Stay tuned.

Tell me draft boy...best pass rushing OLB in second round probably available at our spot........ Go!

mysticsoto
03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Well I said it long before it happened.

Luck? Inside info?

Stay tuned.

Tell me draft boy...best pass rushing OLB in second round probably available at our spot........ Go!

Lavonte David?

We don't need a pass rushing OLB. Wannstadt is very conservative and will have our front 4 doing all the pass rush. Our LBs will have to cover and tackle.

Lavonte is undersized, but physical and would probably fit the bill (pun intended).

streetkings01
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
For the people calling for him to play DL.........did you forgot about how bad he looked in preseason?

TigerJ
03-21-2012, 10:45 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4839&d=1332336710

The guy is looking pretty svelte. That picture is only a couple weeks old. He is definitely putting in the hard work. I do love an underdog story.

I wonder what he is tipping the scales at now. He doesn't look an ounce over 360. Actually he does look pretty good. He is just a mountain of a man though.

thenry20
03-22-2012, 01:01 AM
You plug the middle with a massive beast on D. Putting him as a BACKUP OT after he was drafted to be a NT seems pointless. If you wanted a tank at NT he could have nailed it. I hope the best for him.

I was thinking the same thing. I was very surprised he didn't put in any minutes at DT or NT. Hell, I'll be surprised if he isn't cut this year.

Bert102176
03-22-2012, 08:24 AM
look at Jason Peters, we signed him as un-drafted free agent moved him to LT and he is one of the best in the game today, so don't say it can't be done

Bert102176
03-22-2012, 08:25 AM
can't help but to want him to make this team.. love the underdog story... He'll be competing for the OG position this year, and we need better OL depth

he is a OT not a gaurd

ddaryl
03-22-2012, 08:30 AM
he is a OT not a gaurd

I have heard he is being groomed for OG not RT. Someone else on a different forum posted a quote from Jasper saying he has been working at OG

He is too slow footed for the RT position IMO. He is a hold the line impossible to move type of player and would be better suited for OG.

he is not going to match up well with any speed on the edges, but a s a road grater up the middle he can adapt quicker then at any of the OT positions