X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Hmmmmm Michael Jasper

With all this talk about OT, i just remembered. Didnt we move Jasper to OT after last season and Nix or Chan said something like they didnt want teams to see how good of an OT he was and we put him at NT just so he gets a feel for the NFL? If thats the case, could there be alot about him that we dont know about? Im very interested to see what happens with that whole thing. Could this be a Peters or Wilson type thing?
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Hmmmmm Michael Jasper

One can hope, but it's a long shot. Still prefer to see him on the defensive side of the ball, but if he can become a contributor at OT it won't be a bad thing.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

Wasnt it gaurd not tackle

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

No, it was tackle.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

hopefully a full year in the system produced a solid depth player for 2012.

but he is a longshot IMO

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

You plug the middle with a massive beast on D. Putting him as a BACKUP OT after he was drafted to be a NT seems pointless. If you wanted a tank at NT he could have nailed it. I hope the best for him.
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

He'll be cut.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Yes I broke that he would be switched there.

Rt Rg.

Dancing bear he is.

Originally posted by Cali512
                With all this talk about OT, i just remembered. Didnt we move Jasper to OT after last season and Nix or Chan said something like they didnt want teams to see how good of an OT he was and we put him at NT just so he gets a feel for the NFL? If thats the case, could there be alot about him that we dont know about? Im very interested to see what happens with that whole thing. Could this be a Peters or Wilson type thing?
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• DBrown77
                  Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                  • Mar 2005

He is so good he couldn't sniff the field on either side of the ball.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                    No, it was tackle.
                    Funny, I thought it was guard too. The Bills website's official roster lists him only as OL (offensive lineman) like most of the linemen are listed. And Jasper started out at NT because that's where he wanted to start his NFL career. His college coach moved him to offense because that's where he was needed.

The other funny thing is the number of people who thought that if Buffalo didn't want to lose him to another team, they would need to keep imon the active roster, or some other team's sharp GM would snatch him off our practice squad. Turns out he spent most of the season on the PS with nary a sniff from another team. I guess nobody is as smart as Buffalo.
                    Last edited by TigerJ; 02-13-2012, 12:34 AM.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Moving him to OT last year could have been seen as a bit of panic move if he wasn't developing as a DT. We aren't at practice so we don't know, but anytime you change a guys position mid-season its usually not a good sign for how that player is performing.

He doesn't have the feet to play LT so he's a RT only prospect and he'll need to be way down in weight. If he doesn't show anything this camp he's likely going to be off the roster.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

He's a space eater and would need to be a NT in our def. Moving back to the means he doesn't fit any longer and needs to remain in OL land. Perhaps Chan saw this coming last year and decided, let him get accustomed to playing on the OL instead. Here's hoping he develops, b'cse we need people to step up badly!!!

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Moving him to OT last year could have been seen as a bit of panic move if he wasn't developing as a DT. We aren't at practice so we don't know, but anytime you change a guys position mid-season its usually not a good sign for how that player is performing.

He doesn't have the feet to play LT so he's a RT only prospect and he'll need to be way down in weight. If he doesn't show anything this camp he's likely going to be off the roster.
                          The moved him there right after training camp. He was listed as OL on the practice squad the whole season.

I have no idea if this guy will do anything at all but with a 7th round pick you take a few gambles like this here and there.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            Funny, I thought it was guard too. The Bills website's official roster lists him only as OL (offensive lineman) like most of the linemen are listed. And Jasper started out at NT because that's where he wanted to start his NFL career. His college coach moved him to offense because that's where he was needed.

The other funny thing is the number of people who thought that if Buffalo didn't want to lose him to another team, they would need to keep imon the active roster, or some other team's sharp GM would snatch him off our practice squad. Turns out he spent most of the season on the PS with nary a sniff from another team. I guess nobody is as smart as Buffalo.
                            Any team that signed Jasper from Buffalo's PS would have had to put him on their active roster. The fact Jasper was not developed enough to make it on the field Sundays does not mean that he will not develop into a good player over time.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                              The moved him there right after training camp. He was listed as OL on the practice squad the whole season.

I have no idea if this guy will do anything at all but with a 7th round pick you take a few gambles like this here and there.
                              He spent time at DL as well in camp if memory serves me correct, could be wrong though. His position was DL coming out of school, as somebody already mentioned he only played OL out of necessity in college and that was at OG not OT.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X