PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston-Bills Related.

blackonyx89
02-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I know Bills fans hate to think about Super Bowl XXV, but Whitney Houston did her thing with the national anthem which is now the standard to any singer that dares attempt to sing it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah, here comes the cheap jokes about her as to be expected on this board, but she is one of the top 5 female singers in music history, there's no denying or dissing that. We're all human and we all have our own issues. Anyway, wanted to post the video so enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jeUINzHK9o. She will be missed.

YardRat
02-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Meeting Bobby Brown was the worst thing that ever happened to that girl.

blackonyx89
02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Meeting Bobby Brown was the worst thing that ever happened to that girl.

I agree and you're right. The sad thing is that many women think that they can make a bad boy a good boy and sometimes that's not the case. Bobby ruined his career too and he was great in his on way.

Cali512
02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
The national anthem is lip singed every year as is the halftime show. The singers record there own and its edited and what not then they lip it during the superbowl. The nfl doesnt wanna risk a horrible performance bc there are some people who just tune in for, well primarily the halftime show

blackonyx89
02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
The national anthem is lip singed every year as is the halftime show. The singers record there own and its edited and what not then they lip it during the superbowl. The nfl doesnt wanna risk a horrible performance bc there are some people who just tune in for, well primarily the halftime show

Whitney probably lip synched, but if it was a live performance, she would nail that song absolutely! That's how good she was.

ServoBillieves
02-12-2012, 02:19 PM

Where's your proof of this or when it started? Im not denying it I just want to know.

Mr. Pink
02-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Then explain how christina aguilera screwed it up last year?

And if someone tunes in primarily for halftime, they're not watching the anthem anyways.

Skooby
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I feel sorry for her daughter, losing your mom at that age really sucks.

Prov401
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Wrong.

ds1724
02-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Well the halftime show this year sure as hell was lip synched.

Cali512
02-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Well halftime is defintly lip sung. And Whitney Houstons was announced a fraud

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/matttrowbridge/x2112943239/Whitney-Houstons-Super-Bowl-rendition-of-National-Anthem-was-a-fraud

blackonyx89
02-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Well halftime is defintly lip sung. And Whitney Houstons was announced a fraud

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/matttrowbridge/x2112943239/Whitney-Houstons-Super-Bowl-rendition-of-National-Anthem-was-a-fraud

Cali, point taken as far as the anthem being lip synched, but still her rendition stirred the audience and nation at that point and time and we all know that Whitney has an incredible voice without the help of technology, plain and simple. A lot of artists then and now can't really sing all that well like Whitney and need help with auto tune and lip-synching.

Jeff1220
02-13-2012, 11:53 AM
They only seem to have dance-focused acts lip-synch. It keeps the singing steady when they are dancing, jumping, flipping, etc w/o sounding winded.

custcarcen
02-14-2012, 01:14 PM
I find this post very interesting because my son and I attended Super Bowl 25 and heard the national anthem as sung by Whitney Houston that day.

And I have to tell you that it was absolutely terrible !! Very off key and I remember remarking that it was the worst rendition that I had ever heard.

We were shocked the next day to hear people raving about it, and I have always suspected that it was a lip-sync version that they played on TV.

Count me among the folks who are sure that it was pre-recorded for TV.

I don't know whether they could play a recording on TV and still sing it live at the stadium, but I have heard the recording and believe me, that is not what we heard at the game.

I'm curious as to whether anyone else that was there remembers it as I do.

trapezeus
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
you can tell who lip syncs and who doesn't. you can hear them breathe. madonna lip synced earlier in halftime show for choreography, but "like a prayer" she was actually singing. i doubt whitney lip sync'd the anthem that year. that wasnt her style