PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Routt?

Mindbender
02-13-2012, 08:51 AM
I know it's early (visiting today) but don't we usually hear something on twitter? Any word?

Oh wait, no one wants to play for Buffalo so we might as well not even ask players to visit. There, I said for you so all you Op-like commenters don't have to respond (Although I will say at the beginning of the season it was nice to see Op become a little more positive).:biggrin:

better days
02-13-2012, 08:56 AM
I know it's early (visiting today) but don't we usually hear something on twitter? Any word?

Oh wait, no one wants to play for Buffalo so we might as well not even ask players to visit. There, I said for you so all you Op-like commenters don't have to respond (Although I will say at the beginning of the season it was nice to see Op become a little more positive).:biggrin:

It was reported Routt will visit a number of teams. I expect him to do that before he signs with anyone. The fact so many teams are interested in him, does not look good for Buffalo.

I agree it was nice to see Op be positive.

DrGraves
02-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't know much about him but with that being said I know enough about our current CB's to know he'd be an upgrade.

Bill Cody
02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Routt sounds like a good name for a Bills defender

clumping platelets
02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I just saw him at Mighty Taco on Walden Ave!!!

Extremebillsfan247
02-13-2012, 10:45 AM
After reading up on him, I'm not so sure I'd want him on this team. He got penalized 17 times, and gave up on 8 td passes last year. That's a lot for a veteran CB who got paid by the Raiders like he did. Maybe it's why he was cut. JMO

don137
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Will not too excited. Rarely does a guy visit multiple teams and end up signing in Buffalo. However, the agent loves using Buffalo as leverage against another team.

PromoTheRobot
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Ralph picked him up in his Taurus. He told him he loved that TV show he was on "Stanford and Son." They got lost going to OBD, winding up driving through the Delta Sonic three times. Routt took the cab back to the airport.

PTR

DraftBoy
02-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Ralph picked him up in his Taurus. He told him he loved that TV show he was on "Stanford and Son." They got lost going to OBD, winding up driving through the Delta Sonic three times. Routt took the cab back to the airport.

PTR

We all know Ralph prefers the Denny's to Sonic...

Mahdi
02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
After reading up on him, I'm not so sure I'd want him on this team. He got penalized 17 times, and gave up on 8 td passes last year. That's a lot for a veteran CB who got paid by the Raiders like he did. Maybe it's why he was cut. JMO
Routt is a good CB. But the Raiders are very stubborn with their Man to man defense and refuse to play zone ever. Their defense struggled like ours to get to the QB and that is disaster when you're man to man and leads to TDs and penalties.

He's not Nnamdi but he is better than any CB we have.

Ickybaluky
02-13-2012, 10:58 AM
One thing Routt has is speed. He is a track guy who ran one of the fastest combine times ever. He flies.

PromoTheRobot
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
We all know Ralph prefers the Denny's to Sonic...

Delta Sonic is a car wash. You must not be from Buffalo

PTR

Mr. Pink
02-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Routt is a good CB. But the Raiders are very stubborn with their Man to man defense and refuse to play zone ever. Their defense struggled like ours to get to the QB and that is disaster when you're man to man and leads to TDs and penalties.

He's not Nnamdi but he is better than any CB we have.

Agreed.

Routt would definitely be an upgrade in the secondary.

Kinda shocked the Raiders got rid of him, to be honest.

Mahdi
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Agreed.

Routt would definitely be an upgrade in the secondary.

Kinda shocked the Raiders got rid of him, to be honest.
Im not. Routt was paid because he was Davis' vision of the next Nnamdi, he's fast and is over 6 ft.

Yes he is a good CB but new management probably don't feel he is worth 10 mil. I expect many of their high priced vets to be released soon.

Seymour could be next, maybe Tommy Kelly.

Mr. Pink
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Im not. Routt was paid because he was Davis' vision of the next Nnamdi, he's fast and is over 6 ft.

Yes he is a good CB but new management probably don't feel he is worth 10 mil. I expect many of their high priced vets to be released soon.

While he's not Nnamdi obviously, he's still a good corner.

In this league good corners are hard to come by and get paid accordingly.

That's why I'm surprised they got rid of him.

clumping platelets
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Seymour is going no where......he has guaranteed salary for 2012

better days
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I just saw him at Mighty Taco on Walden Ave!!!

Well, if he is a Taco lover, he is as good as signed.

Ickybaluky
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Kelly does seem likely to be cut, but Seymour isn't going anywhere.

Seymour has half of his $15M base for 2012 guaranteed when he signed the deal. They then had an early trigger this year for the remaining salary to be guaranteed. That trigger was about a week ago, so his entire $15M base is guaranteed in 2012. They rightly decided it was wiser to pay him $15M this year to play for them than pay him $7.5M this year to play for someone else.

With his salary fully guaranteed he isn't getting cut.

Mahdi
02-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Kelly does seem likely to be cut, but Seymour isn't going anywhere.

Seymour has half of his $15M base for 2012 guaranteed when he signed the deal. They then had an early trigger this year for the remaining salary to be guaranteed. That trigger was about a week ago, so his entire $15M base is guaranteed in 2012. They rightly decided it was wiser to pay him $15M this year to play for them than pay him $7.5M this year to play for someone else.

With his salary fully guaranteed he isn't getting cut.
makes sense...

NOT THE DUDE...
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
i wonder if ralph took him to burger king?

clumping platelets
02-13-2012, 12:15 PM

McDonald's has the $0.79 coffee

better days
02-13-2012, 12:16 PM

Clump already reported Mighty Taco. Burger King is everywhere in the Country. Mighty Taco is only in Buffalo & is the BEST. GOD I wish I could get Mighty Taco in Fla.

better days
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
McDonald's has the $0.79 coffee

Cost $1.00 for coffee at McDonalds in Venice Fla for any size.

Cali512
02-13-2012, 12:25 PM
One thing Routt has is speed. He is a track guy who ran one of the fastest combine times ever. He flies.

Kinda figured that when i found out he was from the Raiders.

The Spaz
02-13-2012, 01:23 PM
V-Text says he's here now and visiting.

ublinkwescore
02-13-2012, 01:41 PM
maybe Merriman and Florence can convince him to cancel his other appointments.

methos4ever
02-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Good article breaking down his TDs allowed http://www.raiders.ninjagoro.com/2012/01/stanford-routts-2011-season-part-3-the-touchdowns/

better days
02-13-2012, 01:53 PM

Add Barnett to that group as well.

T-Long
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
I really gotta check out this Mighty Taco place...

better days
02-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I really gotta check out this Mighty Taco place...

If you have never been to Mighty Taco, make sure to get a Super Mighty Taco when you go there..............the BEST. The Walden Ave location is not that far from the Stadium.

YardRat
02-13-2012, 02:26 PM
He is a track guy who ran one of the fastest combine times ever.

That means nothing.

BloFan4Life
02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
If you have never been to Mighty Taco, make sure to get a Super Mighty Taco when you go there..............the BEST. ...and then immediately find a bathroom.

better days
02-13-2012, 02:39 PM
...and then immediately find a bathroom.

Sounds like a personal issue. I have never had any problem with that at Mighty Taco myself.

I can get a reasonable facsimile of Buffalo wings, Beef on Weck, Teds hot dogs or a Buffalo Friday fish fry down here on the West Coast of Fla, but NOTHING comes close to Mighty Taco. Like I said wish I could get them here & they are the food I miss most about Buffalo but I have to say I also miss Buffalo pizza...............not duplicated down here either.

EDS
02-13-2012, 02:40 PM

If the Bills are relying on a has been and a mediocre ageing veteran as their "recruiters" they are screwed.

Bangarang
02-13-2012, 02:49 PM
That means nothing.

He never said it meant anything.

Mski
02-13-2012, 03:58 PM
If you have never been to Mighty Taco, make sure to get a Super Mighty Taco when you go there..............the BEST. The Walden Ave location is not that far from the Stadium.there are Mighty Taco's alot closer to the stadium than the one on walden

better days
02-13-2012, 04:01 PM
there are Mighty Taco's alot closer to the stadium than the one on walden

Yeah, probably so. I'm sure there are also new locations since I was last in Buffalo.

Bert102176
02-13-2012, 04:43 PM

it's def. the reason he was cut I think what we have is better we just need pressure on the QB's instead of giving them all day to find their targets

PromoTheRobot
02-13-2012, 05:06 PM
there are Mighty Taco's alot closer to the stadium than the one on walden
There's one on Southwestern. (http://www.mightytaco.com/locations.php)

PTR

Bert102176
02-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Clump already reported Mighty Taco. Burger King is everywhere in the Country. Mighty Taco is only in Buffalo & is the BEST. GOD I wish I could get Mighty Taco in Fla.

am just glad you prefer taco over a burrito lol

BertSquirtgum
02-13-2012, 09:07 PM
You guys get pissed at Florence when he gets those stupid penalties? This guy is twice as bad.

Tatonka
02-13-2012, 09:10 PM
"i like tacos..."

"you invited eric? you said eric gives you the creeps"