• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bills Mock 2.0

As we get into mid-February and we near the NFL combine things are starting to become clearer. Needs are being defined, players are starting to re-sign, and prospects stock is getting set. While there is still plenty left to question between now and the NFL draft, it’s time to take another look at some of the options the Bills have when it comes to their nine picks this year.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • CleveSteve
    • Apr 2011

Re: Bills Mock 2.0

Jeff Allen was studly at the Senior Bowl despite playing mainly OG there. He's a good player.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

I wouldn't mind the first two picks.
      The rest of the draft doesn't do much for me.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

The last four picks....a guard, no name from Praire View who won't make it through camp, a fb..another postion they shouldn't waste a pick on. and a qb who is just a training camp arm that you can get anywhere.

I have a better idea, use those last four picks on flyers out of the SEC at positions of need.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
          The last four picks....a guard, no name from Praire View who won't make it through camp, a fb..another postion they shouldn't waste a pick on. and a qb who is just a training camp arm that you can get anywhere.

I have a better idea, use those last four picks on flyers out of the SEC at positions of need.
          All are positions of need, HUGE need as a matter of fact.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

I don't like the idea of using a pick on a FB either. We already have McIntyre and I don't think we would carry 2 FB's on the roster.

I also think there's close to a 0% chance that with 9 picks we don't draft a single DB. Nix said they want to add at least 2 CB's and we probably won't get both from free agency. Florence and McGee are both candidates for getting cut too.

So I would get rid of the G and FB picks and replace them with a CB and another LB.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

7 (200). QB Alex Tanney, Monmouth

You didn’t think we would go the whole draft and not take a QB did you? Ryan Fitzpatrick was good last year but he was far from great and that is the issue. If you’re going to be a starting QB in the NFL you have to be great if you want to keep your job. Fitzpatrick’s struggles with accuracy and consistently drove fans mad last year during the collapse and because of that Fitzpatrick has every reason to have to look over his shoulder.

Tanney comes from Division III so many of you reading this probably haven’t seen him play before. You have however probably seen him throw as he is famous for his trick shot video which you can see here. Tanneyis a far better QB than just being a trick shot guy. He ran a complex offense in college that required speed and good decision making. He made many of the play calls on the fly and had to read the defenses and make adjustments as he saw them.

He’s never played in a situation where the LB’s are as fast as the CB’s he played against and the safeties can get to nearly every ball so he will have to adjust to that. He does have ideal size, strength, and skills to be a NFL caliber QB.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                I don't like the idea of using a pick on a FB either. We already have McIntyre and I don't think we would carry 2 FB's on the roster.

I also think there's close to a 0% chance that with 9 picks we don't draft a single DB. Nix said they want to add at least 2 CB's and we probably won't get both from free agency. Florence and McGee are both candidates for getting cut too.

So I would get rid of the G and FB picks and replace them with a CB and another LB.
                Understandable concerns. I expect us to be active in the FA market in finding a mid level CB and LB. However my full four round mock tomorrow gives the Bills the CB and LB you want.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Tanney plays in what was termed a super speed spread. The basic offense and routes are the same, but it was Tanney's job to call the play, make audibles, and snap the ball with AT LEAST 15 seconds on the play clock.

It was no huddle all game and basically he had to see it or else it was going to be a turnover. When watching them operate you can see just how advanced his field vision and pre-snap reads are.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

I'd be happy but not thrilled.

The Upshaw pick seems like people getting attached to one prospect like they do every year.

If Brown was there, that's a no brainer.

I like Allen, but in that spot I'd consider a few other prospects before him.

Kearse and Koger great picks filling needs there.

Not a fan of Reynolds, and interior line can get pushed to a later pick.

With Hamilton, I'd look elsewhere.

Wouldn't mind Figgins.

Can't comment on Tanney.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Tanney plays in what was termed a super speed spread. The basic offense and routes are the same, but it was Tanney's job to call the play, make audibles, and snap the ball with AT LEAST 15 seconds on the play clock.

It was no huddle all game and basically he had to see it or else it was going to be a turnover. When watching them operate you can see just how advanced his field vision and pre-snap reads are.
                      Just wondering if our scouts think the same about him. Heaven knows we need to find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds with all the holes we have.

Maybe we can put a garbage can in the endzone and have our wr's run towards it so Tanney can hit them.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-13-2012, 11:55 AM.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tampabay25690
                        • Feb 2004

If we could get Zach Brown and Upshaw with the 2 first picks thats a Home run IMO.....
                        GO Gators!!!!!!
                        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• PTI
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2011

Still losing all the November and December games because the QB is terrible, has a close to 70 QB rating in those months, not good enough in today's NFL.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            All are positions of need, HUGE need as a matter of fact.
                            Fb -is not a positon of need, nor should be a drafted position.
                            g- we are set inside if they get everyone back.
                            de- from another meaningless school, yes a need position, I could find you a half dozen players from the SEC at that point.
                            qb- a need, but not for a d-3 qb. Please.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              Fb -is not a positon of need, nor should be a drafted position.
                              g- we are set inside if they get everyone back.
                              de- from another meaningless school, yes a need position, I could find you a half dozen players from the SEC at that point.
                              qb- a need, but not for a d-3 qb. Please.
                              FB-Strongly disagree, we have a decent FB, and its a limited option since he can neither carry the ball or catch it.

OG-Huge IF and even then, we could use upgrades and depth

Neither one of your other statements is even worth responding to both are massive needs like I said.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X