PDA

View Full Version : Bills officially to receive 5th round for Lynch

methos4ever
02-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Buffalobills.com has learned that the league has confirmed the draft choice for the Bills has improved to a fifth-round pick. That pick will be 11th or 12th in round five based on the outcome of the league coin flip to determine whether Kansas City or Seattle will pick 11th in round one, with the two clubs alternating by round thereafter.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-2012-pick-for-Lynch-improves-to-a-5th/aa6328f6-4a32-4413-8f4d-6160bf4daf23

Boom.

CleveSteve
02-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I'd certainly hope so.

The "hold my nuts" run is probably one of my 3 favorite NFL plays of all time.

JCBills
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I'd certainly hope so.

The "hold my nuts" run is probably one of my 3 favorite NFL plays of all time.

"Darren Sharper hold mah d**kkkkkkkk"

That dude's videos kill me every time.

Watch the Anquan So Strong Boldin one.

Look at buddy footwork doeeee.

JCBills
02-15-2012, 04:27 PM
And schweet, now I can tighten up the mock, and hopefully the pick is spent on someone who contributes.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
cool, not bad.

Ed
02-15-2012, 04:46 PM
With 4 picks in rounds 4 and 5 now, we definitely have some ammo to make some moves if the right guy is available. Not that I'm a fan of trading up, but it's an option.

YardRat
02-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Good. You can never have too many mid-round offensive line projects.

JCBills
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
With 4 picks in rounds 4 and 5 now, we definitely have some ammo to make some moves if the right guy is available. Not that I'm a fan of trading up, but it's an option.

Meh, there isn't really anyone worth moving up to get, not with what it would cost.

The more picks, the better IMO.

Ed
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Meh, there isn't really anyone worth moving up to get, not with what it would cost.

The more picks, the better IMO.
I agree. I'm not advocating trading up, but we know Buddy tried to trade back into round 1 in 2010, but wasn't successful. At least if they do make a trade we'll still have picks in those rounds. I'd rather keep them though. We can add a lot of depth with those picks.

Skooby
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Get some depth on the lines during those rounds, we need fresh meat.

JCBills
02-15-2012, 05:12 PM
I agree. I'm not advocating trading up, but we know Buddy tried to trade back into round 1 in 2010, but wasn't successful. At least if they do make a trade we'll still have picks in those rounds. I'd rather keep them though. We can add a lot of depth with those picks.

Yup, and hopefully find a starter or two.

I also know he was open to moving out of the #3 spot last year, he said the offer wasn't what they wanted though.

I'm really hoping they get a good offer for #10.

Outside of a few players sure to be gone before then, not much in that range excites me. There seems to be more question marks than in recent years on a lot of players. Of course the combine will help clear that up, but impact players still come out of the #15 to #25 range all the time.

I'd rather have a later 1st with an extra 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder plus a mid pick than the #10 pick. It looks like a lot of quality talent should be available in rounds 2-3 still.

So with the exception of guys like Luck, it seems like the ceiling on this class isn't as high, but the overall class might be stronger than usual.

PTI
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Bills got fleeced. Seattle has a starting RB for peanuts.

DraftBoy
02-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Awesome!!

Scumbag College
02-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Another pick to be outraged, confounded, and disgruntled by on this message board.

DraftBoy
02-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Official list of all nine picks;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-bills-draft-picks/

PromoTheRobot
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Should be one more comp pick added to make 10.

PTR

Michael82
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Awesome!!

Told ya! :D

Ed
02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Chris Hairston + a 5th round pick isn't peanuts.

Goobylal
02-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Lynch is an UFA. He won't be cheap to re-sign.

better days
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Chris Hairston + a 5th round pick isn't peanuts.

For a young Pro Bowl RB it is.

Night Train
02-16-2012, 03:11 AM
This is where you pick your CB's while concentrating on DE, OLB and OL depth early.

clumping platelets
02-16-2012, 05:53 AM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

methos4ever
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
For a young Pro Bowl RB it is.
Not when you add in one more screw up and he's out the league a year BD. That's why (coupled with that new contract) there was risk on both sides.

better days
02-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Not when you add in one more screw up and he's out the league a year BD. That's why (coupled with that new contract) there was risk on both sides.

Well by all reports, he has been a great teammate & has kept his nose clean for two years now. I don't think Seattle is worried about him getting suspended & I would bet you they will be happy to resign him.

I just read that Seattle was VERRY HAPPY with Lynch & thought he was well worth the price they paid to get him even with the pick becoming a 5th rnder this year.

I said at the time of the trade the Bills got fleeced & I still think that today.

DraftBoy
02-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Well by all reports, he has been a great teammate & has kept his nose clean for two years now. I don't think Seattle is worried about him getting suspended & I would bet you they will be happy to resign him.

I just read that Seattle was VERRY HAPPY with Lynch & thought he was well worth the price they paid to get him even with the pick becoming a 5th rnder this year.

I said at the time of the trade the Bills got fleeced & I still think that today.

Not a fair comp, sometimes a new start is all a guy needs, but if he has stayed here there was far from any guarantee of any more success or him staying clean.

I'm happy he has been good in Seattle and I'm happy with what we got for him.

ThunderGun
02-16-2012, 07:50 AM

And we spent a 1st round pick on his replacement....while he was still on the roster.

better days
02-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Not a fair comp, sometimes a new start is all a guy needs, but if he has stayed here there was far from any guarantee of any more success or him staying clean.

I'm happy he has been good in Seattle and I'm happy with what we got for him.

Well, what were Lynchs crimes? IMMATURITY that is ALL. It is not like he is a thug or does drugs. I would equate his problems in Buffalo to the problems Stevie Johnson has had. They both just need to grow up.

Anyone that could not tell Lynch would become a pro bowl RB does not know football.

I was not happy with what the Bills got for Lynch at the time of the trade & never will be, although Hairston has been a pleasant surprise.

The King
02-16-2012, 08:10 AM
He also was running like trash. Freddy had out played him in every aspect.

better days
02-16-2012, 08:21 AM

Freddie outplayed him in many aspects, but not every aspect. Lynch has something Freddie doesn't & never will have, power & speed. Lynch was the first Bills rookie RB to run for 1000 yds his first year since Greg Bell in 1984.

ThunderGun
02-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Why does the debate always come down to Lynch vs. Freddy?

Am I the only one who just wanted to roll with both? We spent a 1st round pick on Lynch....we had no reason to draft another RB in the 1st round...but even when we did, we still had no reason to trade him. Not for a 4th and 5th round pick, anyway.

Freddy and Lynch are both very good RB's.

Freddy is great and making the most out of very little. He is a very efficient runner, gets through the hole quickly, is very good in the receiving game, ect.

Lynch was faster, stronger and younger. Dumping him was utterly moronic. We should have kept both, and used our 1st round pick to actually ADD to our team (Dez Bryant? Jason Pierre-Paul? Demaryius Thomas? All HUGE needs for us right now). Instead, we just spun our wheels, and replaced a position that didn't need replacing.

trapezeus
02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
trading running backs is like trading in your favorite car. of course you think its worth more. but the market is the market. i doubt even AP or Fred Jackson would fetch muchmore. You can get any RB in any round and they tend to be servicable. QB's, DBs, DE, are different stories. and the price is so high, no one does it.

with all those mid round picks, I am a little hopeful. the team blows its early picks but get the middle rounds right more often than not. load up on pass rushers, and build that depth.

ThunderGun
02-16-2012, 08:46 AM

And he wasn't running like trash in 2010. His YPC for the season was 4.43 before we traded him. That was higher than Freddy's, at the time.

DraftBoy
02-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Well, what were Lynchs crimes? IMMATURITY that is ALL. It is not like he is a thug or does drugs. I would equate his problems in Buffalo to the problems Stevie Johnson has had. They both just need to grow up.

Anyone that could not tell Lynch would become a pro bowl RB does not know football.

I was not happy with what the Bills got for Lynch at the time of the trade & never will be, although Hairston has been a pleasant surprise.

Well the gun, and the hit and run are actually crimes not just immaturity.

OpIv37
02-16-2012, 09:06 AM

I don't know what you consider "drugs," but they were smoking weed in the car on the gun charge. Somehow they avoided charges though.

And, as DB pointed out, Lynch did actually commit two crimes. The only thing I like about the trade is that Lynch has 2 strikes and a 3rd one could come at any moment.

better days
02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Well the gun, and the hit and run are actually crimes not just immaturity.

The gun was just stupid. THe hit & run could have happened to anyone. By all reports, it was raining, the woman was drunk, not in a crosswalk & Lynches mirror brushed her. She may have walked into his car as he was going by for all we know & he may not have felt it if either she did that or it was his fault for making contact. In any event it is not like he ran over somebody & took off.

better days
02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I don't know what you consider "drugs," but they were smoking weed in the car on the gun charge. Somehow they avoided charges though.

And, as DB pointed out, Lynch did actually commit two crimes. The only thing I like about the trade is that Lynch has 2 strikes and a 3rd one could come at any moment.

There were reports of weed. If true why were no charges filed? Most likely because the reports were false.

OpIv37
02-16-2012, 09:32 AM
There were reports of weed. If true why were no charges filed? Most likely because the reports were false.

either that or because they sweep things under the rug for celebrities. Weed is a slap on the wrist- especially in California- so the cops can let that one slide- but they can't let people walk on gun charges.

Seriously, what else would 3 dudes be doing sitting in a parked car?

justasportsfan
02-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Official list of all nine picks;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012-bills-draft-picks/

which position in this years draft is deep in 4th-5th round?

justasportsfan
02-16-2012, 09:43 AM
we would have had 3 unhappy runningbacks if we kept Lynch. Add to the fact that Lynch is an FA so we would have had problems trying to re-sign him with Freddie and Spiller already in the line-up. 4th and a 5th is not much but it's better than nothing had we let him walk in free agency.

CleveSteve
02-16-2012, 09:43 AM
WR has an awful lot of 4th rounders. There are a bunch of QBs that could go in the 4th-5th (Osweiler, Coleman, maybe Davis from Miss St... I think he could rise a bit.) These are usaully big rounds for linebackers and OG as well from value standpoints.

Jaye Howard is a good prospect as a rotational rush/3rd down DT in the 5th. The big DT from Regina who was pushing people around in the E/W Shrine game could go here as well. Maybe DE Miller from WVa in the 5th or 6th.

Philagape
02-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Let's see how Lynch does when he's not playing for a contract. He strikes me as just the kind of underachiever who turns it on when he feels like it, which is why I had no problem dumping him. I have no such worries about Fred or CJ.

Ed
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
The gun was just stupid. THe hit & run could have happened to anyone. By all reports, it was raining, the woman was drunk, not in a crosswalk & Lynches mirror brushed her. She may have walked into his car as he was going by for all we know & he may not have felt it if either she did that or it was his fault for making contact. In any event it is not like he ran over somebody & took off.
Whether you think his crimes are a big deal or not is irrelevant. The only opinion that matters is Roger Goodell's, and he did think they were a pretty big deal. Fair or unfair, Lynch is one strike away from a possible one year suspension. Maybe Lynch isn't trying to be immature or stupid, but the risk is still there.

Lynch has done well in Seattle, but he wouldn't have had the same success here because there would have been a better RB in front of him in Fred Jackson. And as a free agent this year he would have most likely not re-signed with Buffalo to be Fred Jackson's backup. Fred Jackson is the better overall player so we would have ended up losing Lynch this year anyway for nothing. So I think getting a young OT and another 5th round pick looks like a pretty good deal right now.

JCBills
02-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Let's see how Lynch does when he's not playing for a contract. He strikes me as just the kind of underachiever who turns it on when he feels like it, which is why I had no problem dumping him. I have no such worries about Fred or CJ.

Seriously?

Pound for pound, Lynch runs harder than anyone.

justasportsfan
02-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Seriously?

running harder doesn't mean you're better. I'll take Freddie over Lynch.

JCBills
02-16-2012, 10:42 AM
running harder doesn't mean you're better. I'll take Freddie over Lynch.

I wasn't talking about that, just responding.

better days
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Whether you think his crimes are a big deal or not is irrelevant. The only opinion that matters is Roger Goodell's, and he did think they were a pretty big deal. Fair or unfair, Lynch is one strike away from a possible one year suspension. Maybe Lynch isn't trying to be immature or stupid, but the risk is still there.

Lynch has done well in Seattle, but he wouldn't have had the same success here because there would have been a better RB in front of him in Fred Jackson. And as a free agent this year he would have most likely not re-signed with Buffalo to be Fred Jackson's backup. Fred Jackson is the better overall player so we would have ended up losing Lynch this year anyway for nothing. So I think getting a young OT and another 5th round pick looks like a pretty good deal right now.

I think it is debatable who is better. Lynch will have a new contract next year & Fred should too. We will see who puts up more yards.

I think at this point the risk of Lynch getting in trouble is negligable.

PTI
02-16-2012, 11:41 AM

People like to say the same about Willis and he is still a very productive NFL player.

PTI
02-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Lynch will get more money next go round then Fred will. BTW, I like Fred Jackson. I like Lynch too.

Ed
02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
I think it is debatable who is better. Lynch will have a new contract next year & Fred should too. We will see who puts up more yards.

I think at this point the risk of Lynch getting in trouble is negligable.
I don't think it's that debatable. Fred had more total yards and was averaging more ypc before he got hurt. Plus he's a better receiver and maybe the best blocking RB in the league. He was the best overall RB in the league last year before he went on IR. The only thing Lynch has going for him is that he's younger. Fred out played Lynch his last couple years that he was here too.

And the risk is never negligible when you're a repeat offender. No one knows what Lynch does in his personal time, but the strikes are there. You can believe he's matured and changed and not a risk because you want to, but that doesn't make it so.

better days
02-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't think it's that debatable. Fred had more total yards and was averaging more ypc before he got hurt. Plus he's a better receiver and maybe the best blocking RB in the league. He was the best overall RB in the league last year before he went on IR. The only thing Lynch has going for him is that he's younger. Fred out played Lynch his last couple years that he was here too.

And the risk is never negligible when you're a repeat offender. No one knows what Lynch does in his personal time, but the strikes are there. You can believe he's matured and changed and not a risk because you want to, but that doesn't make it so.

NONSENSE. Lynch is both more powerful & faster than Fred. The odds are less that Lynch is suspended than they are that Fred gets injured next year.

Lynch ran for 1,204 yds last year. Fred only ran for 934 yds. Yes I know Fred was injured, but like I said he could be injured every year from now on, he is OLD. I will bet Lynch puts up more yds next year than Jackson.

Lynch is the better back if you want to end the debate.

PTI
02-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Lynch missed one game, and his team scored 3 points and lost. He had 6 straight games with a TD this past season, had at least 1 TD in 10 of 15 games played, they both were very good this past season.

CleveSteve
02-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Lynch missed one game, and his team scored 3 points and lost.

Second time in three years that a 6-3 victory was the low point of the Browns' season.

stuckincincy
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
NONSENSE. Lynch is both more powerful & faster than Fred. The odds are less that Lynch is suspended than they are that Fred gets injured next year.

Lynch ran for 1,204 yds last year. Fred only ran for 934 yds. Yes I know Fred was injured, but like I said he could be injured every year from now on, he is OLD. I will bet Lynch puts up more yds next year than Jackson.

Gee - in Lynch's extra 5 games over Fred, he gained 239 more yards. Caught 7 more passes. Averaged 4.4 vs. Fred's 5.5 per rush.

Stop trying to predict the future. Fred played in a conference with some decent teams. Lynch plays for an NFC West team noted most for the loudness pummeled down upon visiting teams. A club with a halfway decent defense, to boot.

Seek intervention...

better days
02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Lynch missed one game, and his team scored 3 points and lost. He had 6 straight games with a TD this past season, had at least 1 TD in 10 of 15 games played, they both were very good this past season.

Yeah, Lynch had 12 rushing TDs last year & 1 receiving. 13TDs not bad production for the cost of 4th & 5th rnd picks over two years.

Philagape
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Seriously?

When he gives his all. Or not dancing behind the line.

better days
02-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Gee - in Lynch's extra 5 games over Fred, he gained 239 more yards. Caught 7 more passes. Averaged 4.4 vs. Fred's 5.5 per rush.

Stop trying to predict the future. Fred played in a conference with some decent teams. Lynch plays for an NFC West team noted most for the loudness pummeled down upon visiting teams. A club with a halfway decent defense, to boot.

Seek intervention...

Last year was the highest per carry average in Freds career. Had he not been injured, I doubt he would have sustained that average. The only other year he approached that was 2007 when he only had 58 carries.

The 49ers have a MUCH BETTER defense than any in the AFC East. The Seattle team is very comparable to Buffalo IMO & I think the Bills have a better OL than the Hawks do.

Why should I seek intervention? Like I said we will see who gets more yds next year.

stuckincincy
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
When he gives his all. Or not dancing behind the line.

I think he tries, but IMO, a lot of his bigger gains are due to defenders missing tackles or downfielders not sealing the deal.

He's an OK running back, and can probably get a roster spot on most any team. But I wouldn't break the bank for him.

As to his discretions - youngster with pockets full of jingle - nothing new there.

JCBills
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I think he tries, but IMO, a lot of his bigger gains are due to defenders missing tackles or downfielders not sealing the deal.

He's an OK running back, and can probably get a roster spot on most any team. But I wouldn't break the bank for him.

As to his discretions - youngster with pockets full of jingle - nothing new there.

His big gains are due to his refusal to go down.

We saw it a lot while he was here. He would disappear in a pile, only to come out the other side, legs still churning. He never shies away from contact either. That's a runningback.

better days
02-16-2012, 02:37 PM

We saw it a lot while he was here. He would disappear in a pile, only to come out the other side, legs still churning. He never shies away from contact either. That's a runningback.

See, we do agree on many things.

Ed
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM

If Lynch is more powerful and faster than Fred, why did Lynch only have 4 runs of more than 20 yards in 285 carries, yet Fred Jackson had 10 runs of over 20 yards in only 170 carries. Fred's longest run was 80 yards compared to Marshawn's 47. Fred's longest reception was 49 yards compared to Marshawn's 26. Fred averaged 1.2 ypc more than Marshawn.

Marshawn combined for 1,416 yards in 15 games. Fred combined for 1,376 yards in only 10 games.

Fred Jackson is the better runner, receiver, and blocker. So yeah, let's end the debate.

stuckincincy
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM

Well, I think we are in agreement that he tries. To his credit.

better days
02-16-2012, 02:47 PM
If Lynch is more powerful and faster than Fred, why did Lynch only have 4 runs of more than 20 yards in 285 carries, yet Fred Jackson had 10 runs of over 20 yards in only 170 carries. Fred's longest run was 80 yards compared to Marshawn's 47. Fred's longest reception was 49 yards compared to Marshawn's 26. Fred averaged 1.2 ypc more than Marshawn.

Marshawn combined for 1,416 yards in 15 games. Fred combined for 1,376 yards in only 10 games.

Fred Jackson is the better runner, receiver, and blocker. So yeah, let's end the debate.

You saying he is better does not make it so. Lynch is just hitting his prime while Fred is nearing the end. That is a fact.

Ed
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
You saying he is better does not make it so. Lynch is just hitting his prime while Fred is nearing the end. That is a fact.
And you saying Lynch is better doesn't make it so. At least I'm using facts/stats to back up my claims.

No one is disputing that Lynch is younger than Jackson.

Philagape
02-16-2012, 04:32 PM
The defining characteristic of Lynch's time in Buffalo was his tentativeness behind the line. If he didn't have a hole he liked, he'd stall. That's what made Fred indisputably better, in addition to superior awareness. Lynch is the better athlete, but not the better football player.

better days
02-16-2012, 06:37 PM
The defining characteristic of Lynch's time in Buffalo was his tentativeness behind the line. If he didn't have a hole he liked, he'd stall. That's what made Fred indisputably better, in addition to superior awareness. Lynch is the better athlete, but not the better football player.

Well, I agree with your assessment while Lynch was in Buffalo. However, Lynch was YOUNG at the time. Has has matured & is a better player today than he was when he left Buffalo.

Lynch has improved & I think he will continue to improve. He has many good years of football in front of him. Fred Jackson on the other hand has reached his peak. the best he can hope is to stay at the top of the curve as long as he can. At his age I doubt it will be for very long myself, then comes the decline.

better days
02-17-2012, 08:13 AM
And you saying Lynch is better doesn't make it so. At least I'm using facts/stats to back up my claims.

No one is disputing that Lynch is younger than Jackson.

Jacksons 40 time is 4.5 Lynchs 40 time is 4.46 Those are from a few years ago so I doubt Fred is still that fast especially after patella tendon surgury.

In any case Lynch was faster then & he is faster today. You just have to look at game tape of both to see Lynch is a MUCH more powerful runner.

better days
02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
either that or because they sweep things under the rug for celebrities. Weed is a slap on the wrist- especially in California- so the cops can let that one slide- but they can't let people walk on gun charges.

Seriously, what else would 3 dudes be doing sitting in a parked car?

If the NFL had any suspicion Lynch used weed, I'm sure they would have had a drug test done. I think if weed were in the car that would have triggered a drug test without question.

Ed
02-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Jacksons 40 time is 4.5 Lynchs 40 time is 4.46 Those are from a few years ago so I doubt Fred is still that fast especially after patella tendon surgury.

In any case Lynch was faster then & he is faster today. You just have to look at game tape of both to see Lynch is a MUCH more powerful runner.
Well what's more important, 40 times or results on the field? You can make claims about Lynch being more powerful, but production on the field is what counts. Fred does a better job of gaining more yards than Lynch, plain and simple. And you can keep ignoring the fact that Fred is the better receiver and blocker, but those are important aspects of the RB position too.

better days
02-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Well what's more important, 40 times or results on the field? You can make claims about Lynch being more powerful, but production on the field is what counts. Fred does a better job of gaining more yards than Lynch, plain and simple. And you can keep ignoring the fact that Fred is the better receiver and blocker, but those are important aspects of the RB position too.

Well, I think Fred had a career year last year even with the injury. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think he ever matches that production again. He is over 30 years old & just had patella tendon surgery. I think you are the person ignoring facts.

Ed
02-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Well, I think Fred had a career year last year even with the injury. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think he ever matches that production again. He is over 30 years old & just had patella tendon surgery. I think you are the person ignoring facts.
Yeah, but do you think anyone predicted that at 30 years old Fred would have the kind of monster year he was having last season before he got hurt? I sure didn't. I was ready to see CJ be the feature back, but Fred was awesome so I'm not going to start doubting him now. I don't know if Fred can match what he was doing last year simply because I expect CJ to get more carries, but I hope he can bounce back to form. I expect Freddie and CJ to be one of the best RB combos in the league for the next couple years.

PTI
02-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Let us all agree that if the Bills knew what they had in Jackson this would not even be a discussion. Fred is a good football player, no doubt. Lynch, as well, is a good football player, and on a team with crap QBs, both guys were really good last year. The revolving door at RB in taking high picks and replacing guys has killed the Bills on the field and left them subpar at many other positions on the field.

better days
02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, but do you think anyone predicted that at 30 years old Fred would have the kind of monster year he was having last season before he got hurt? I sure didn't. I was ready to see CJ be the feature back, but Fred was awesome so I'm not going to start doubting him now. I don't know if Fred can match what he was doing last year simply because I expect CJ to get more carries, but I hope he can bounce back to form. I expect Freddie and CJ to be one of the best RB combos in the league for the next couple years.

Well, lets hope you are right.