PDA

View Full Version : This Bills board is going downhill

jamze132
02-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Seems like a new breed of posters has infested and are bringing a lot of negative talk. I love to talk Bills but I find it hard to do just that while having to sift through personal attacks and talk about homosexuals in a Mario Williams thread.

Something needs to change, soon.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Agreed 100%, even when some posters try to remain on topic it just turns back to BS.

BertSquirtgum
02-17-2012, 02:25 AM
The Bills suck and the football season is over with. What is there to talk about besides pipe dreams? It will get better once the combine happens. I'm still sour about this past years embarrassment of a season. My negativity won't start to revert back to optimism until after the draft or the Bills show me the baby in free agency.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-17-2012, 02:33 AM
The Bills suck and the football season is over with. What is there to talk about besides pipe dreams? It will get better once the combine happens. I'm still sour about this past years embarrassment of a season. My negativity won't start to revert back to optimism until after the draft or the Bills show me the baby in free agency.

While I agree that its the slow time of the year for Bills football, its still no excuse for some of the things that are said.

Night Train
02-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Simon left American Idol and the whole world went to hell.

alohabillsfan
02-17-2012, 05:59 AM
I Agree 100%! I wish posters would post their thoughts opinions vice links that prostitute this site for theirs. I usually don’t click the link, If you come to this board for a debate fine, but post yours on it!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-17-2012, 06:10 AM
there is rarely any civility on this forum, I often feel like it populated by dicks who have no social skills
no ability to carry on a civil conversation
it all started with the derisive "lickers" labels and comments and has gradually gone down hill from there.
its the tolerance for that type of post that has led people to become more and more derisive in the last few years

Mindbender
02-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Eh, I just ignore those posts. They are annoying but I prefer how it is now to being over moderated.

ddaryl
02-17-2012, 07:18 AM
It's been like that for a few years... I stop by to get quick peaks at rumors and news, but overall my posting and involvement has dropped significantly

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2012, 07:26 AM

case in point.

X-Era
02-17-2012, 07:44 AM
Use your outlets. If you see TOS violations, report the post or PM a staffer. Personally, I haven't been around as much as usual due to personal circumstances but I will make an effort to be around a bit more.

This board is the best Bills board on the net and the staff intends to keep it that way. Use us.

And the high road always helps.

The King
02-17-2012, 07:49 AM
We can't patrol negativity. But we wont tolerate attacks. I have gone through the Mario Williams thread and the guilty parties have been communicated to.

DMBcrew36
02-17-2012, 08:43 AM
I browse the Bills forum but stopped posting because there's nothing to say. This franchise has given me no hope that they have any ability to get themselves to the playoffs, or even to a .500 record. It has been twelve years without a sniff of playoffs.

I don't care who they are bringing in because it doesn't seem to matter, and really, who worth a damn would want to come here (at least without being overpaid)? It's depressing. Same with the draft - we have too many holes. Our depth is poor. I used to get fooled into being excited by us signing one decent free agent, a draft pick or two, or a scheme change. But it's always one step forward, two steps back. I will always be a Bills fan and watch every game but I will give this sad franchise no benefit of doubt.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Maybe if the Bills would just make the playoffs for once there'd be a little more optimism around here.

Until then, you have no choice but to deal with it. Negative performance begets a negative attitude, like it or not.

justasportsfan
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Even at it's worse BZ is better than most bills MB out there.

trapezeus
02-17-2012, 10:31 AM
i blame the bills for the negativity. they play terribly and then make such minute changes that they arent' really changes at all. and as a result all of us "experts" are shouting at each other knowing that the real change won't ever happen.

i think the board is therapy for a lot of us. But i think we all hold on to the hope that one day in early february, in badly hung over states, we'll message each other how awesome it was to win it all, just once.

PTI
02-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the internet, your first day?

Homegrown
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
I find it difficult to talk about homosexuals when it disrupted with conversation about the Bills.

Oaf
02-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't see things remarkably different than they were back in '03. (lurked till '7)

Yeah, there's things I'd improve, but things haven't gone downhill persay. There's plenty of good posters. Be one. (not saying you're not)

Mski
02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
i think the board is therapy for a lot of us. But i think we all hold on to the hope that one day in early february, in badly hung over states, we'll message each other how awesome it was to win it all, just once.by that time, message boards will be obsolete, and we'll be using some form of telepathy

ParanoidAndroid
02-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Maybe if the Bills would just make the playoffs for once there'd be a little more optimism around here.

Until then, you have no choice but to deal with it. Negative performance begets a negative attitude, like it or not.

I don't think that is the type of negativity he's talking about. I think he's talking about the way people "talk" to eachother in here.
It's the type of junk that degrades the discussion to infantile trash talking. It takes over an otherwise good thread and blows it to smithereens.
But.... there is the ignore function which I have just edited to include the poster who was made an example in this very thread, but not for saying the Bills are a bad football team. Rather it's for blowing up threads with trash which includes their signature.

SABURZFAN
02-17-2012, 04:37 PM
there is rarely any civility on this forum, I often feel like it populated by dicks who have no social skills
it all started with the derisive "lickers" labels and comments and has gradually gone down hill from there.
its the tolerance for that type of post that has led people to become more and more derisive in the last few years

:movie:

BertSquirtgum
02-17-2012, 04:40 PM
case in point.
So I'm the reason people don't come to this board anymore? That's funny. Boy, do I feel special. I think most of the good posters who used to be here when I first registered slowly stopped posting because the Bills are nothing more than a joke. More and more people are realizing the Bills don't care about the fans and never will.

Does my signature hurt the bible thumper's feelings? Too bad. I think it's hilarious.

Luisito23
02-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm just sorry we can't put Mods on ignore.

YardRat
02-17-2012, 05:46 PM
I kinda liked the 'lickers' phase, actually.

Extremebillsfan247
02-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Seems like a new breed of posters has infested and are bringing a lot of negative talk. I love to talk Bills but I find it hard to do just that while having to sift through personal attacks and talk about homosexuals in a Mario Williams thread.

Something needs to change, soon.Negativity always seems to flourish on these types of message boards this time of year. But your right, it does get tiring. I try to be more selective in which threads I post in and ignore the negative responses as best I can. But even I have my moments of negative responses when someone on here just wants to be a jerk. lol JMO

jamze132
02-18-2012, 05:26 AM
I browse the Bills forum but stopped posting because there's nothing to say. This franchise has given me no hope that they have any ability to get themselves to the playoffs, or even to a .500 record. It has been twelve years without a sniff of playoffs.

I don't care who they are bringing in because it doesn't seem to matter, and really, who worth a damn would want to come here (at least without being overpaid)? It's depressing. Same with the draft - we have too many holes. Our depth is poor. I used to get fooled into being excited by us signing one decent free agent, a draft pick or two, or a scheme change. But it's always one step forward, two steps back. I will always be a Bills fan and watch every game but I will give this sad franchise no benefit of doubt.
This is the type of negativity I don't mind reading about since it's Bills related and we can argue back and forth about it.

Jan Reimers
02-18-2012, 05:40 AM
So I'm the reason people don't come to this board anymore? That's funny. Boy, do I feel special. I think most of the good posters who used to be here when I first registered slowly stopped posting because the Bills are nothing more than a joke. More and more people are realizing the Bills don't care about the fans and never will.

Does my signature hurt the bible thumper's feelings? Too bad. I think it's hilarious.
I'm old, conservative and a Christian, but I'm not in any way offended by your posts or avatar, HN.

I simply use my Ignore button for those really obnoxious posters whose only intent is to be negative and stupid. Neither you nor any currently active poster is on my Ignore list.

This is a message board where everyone is allowed to say what they want, within some fairly broad and civil Terms of Service. We all have the option of reading or not reading anything on here.

And I agree with you about the Bills being a terrible topic for a message board. We would all be better posters if we had a little more to be positive about.

I find nothing at all really wrong with this message board, except the futility of the team for which it was established.

Dujek
02-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Could be worse FTP could still be posting.

DMBcrew36
02-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Hmm, so this thread is about people being rude and disrespectful. I mistakenly thought it was about how people were being too negative on the Bills - on how pathetic the team is. :crap:

mybills
02-18-2012, 08:13 AM

Same in all of the forums, that's why I haven't been around.
Some say they're just kidding around, some don't find it amusing at all.

Grow up, be civil, get along. It's that simple. :up:

Historian
02-18-2012, 08:16 AM
And I agree with you about the Bills being a terrible topic for a message board. We would all be better posters if we had a little more to be positive about.

I find nothing at all really wrong with this message board, except the futility of the team for which it was established.

We could change it to a Sabres oriented site, and.....

Umm...scratch that.

:couch:

DMBcrew36
02-18-2012, 08:24 AM
We could change it to a Sabres oriented site, and.....

Umm...scratch that.

:couch:

One bad team or another. I like our options. :D:

djjimkelly
02-18-2012, 08:28 AM
and what is sad the sabres were supposed to good this year

Johnny Bugmenot
02-19-2012, 07:56 AM
and what is sad the sabres were supposed to good this year
At least there's hope. That team is just underachieving. The Bills lack talent, the ability to lure it, and the ability to keep it healthy.

The Sabres just need a new head coach (and preferably GM as well). The Bills need a miracle.

better days
02-19-2012, 08:45 AM
At least there's hope. That team is just underachieving. The Bills lack talent, the ability to lure it, and the ability to keep it healthy.

The Sabres just need a new head coach (and preferably GM as well). The Bills need a miracle.

If you think the Sabres need a new coach, it just proves your hockey knowledge matches your football knowledge.

YardRat
02-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I thought the only thing either team needed was a new owner with deep pockets that was willing to spend money on talent.

Guess we're seeing first hand how that scenario really plays out, now aren't we?

Johnny Bugmenot
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
If you think the Sabres need a new coach, it just proves your hockey knowledge matches your football knowledge.
I'll take that as a compliment, even if it wasn't intended as such... but seriously, I don't doubt Ruff has the ability to coach, but even the best coaches usually change teams every few years. Eventually the players start tuning you out.

Ruff would be well-served for a change of scenery. Several teams would hire him in a heartbeat. It's only a question of whether or not he still fits here, and I don't think he does.

better days
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, even if it wasn't intended as such... but seriously, I don't doubt Ruff has the ability to coach, but even the best coaches usually change teams every few years. Eventually the players start tuning you out.

Ruff would be well-served for a change of scenery. Several teams would hire him in a heartbeat. It's only a question of whether or not he still fits here, and I don't think he does.

Well, I can't argue sometimes a change of scene does wonders, but IMO I put much more blame on the GM than the HC myself.

YardRat
02-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Darcy would get a job in a heartbeat also.

better days
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Darcy would get a job in a heartbeat also.

Probably so, but I would rather see him go than Lindy myself.

SABURZFAN
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I kinda liked the 'lickers' phase, actually.

a lot of denial going on back then.... somebody had to set them straight. :biggrin:

bigbub2352
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
i have been on here for awhile and always posted a few years back...but i simply have lost my breath...why post when they when they continue to **** up...i have played alot of ball in my day...and when you see there decisions year after year..it is simply exhausting to argue and hope...they literally take the fun out of being a fan.... and they usually do the worst moves imaginable