• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThunderGun
    • Dec 2011

Bills looking at mid-round CB's

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4682/player?r=1

The Bills will reportedly consider spending a mid-round pick on a cornerback this year.

Leodis McKelvin, a 2008 first-rounder, has tumbled down the depth chart while Terrence McGee is due nearly $4 million coming off patella tendon surgery. The Bills figure to concentrate on pass rushers, speedy linebackers, and perhaps a receiver in the first two rounds of the draft. Feb 17 - 8:45 AM

Source: Buffalo News

I'm all for drafting another CB. I just hope it's not in the 1st round again.
  • CleveSteve
    • Apr 2011

Re: Bills looking at mid-round CB's

Here are cbs sports' estimated round 3-5 CBs:

Code:
    Overall	Name	Position	PosRank	School	Exp	Height	Weight	Est Rd	40 time
    72	TrumaineJohnson	CB	9	Montana	Sr	6'2	204	3	4.54
    82	*Jayron Hosley	CB	10	Va Tech	Jr	5'10	172	3	4.52
    87	Josh Norman	CB	11	CoasCar	Sr	6'0	203	3	4.52
    90	Ryan Steed	CB	12	Furman	Sr	5'10	190	3	4.5
    92	Jamell Fleming	CB	13	Oklahom	rSr	5'11	202	3	4.54
    108	DeQuan Menzie	CB	14	Alabama	Sr	5'11	195	4	4.65
    118	Shaun Prater	CB	15	Iowa	Sr	5'10	185	4	4.49
    121	Dwight Bentley	CB	16	ULL	Sr	5'10	176	4	4.49
    128	Coryell Judie	CB	17	Tex A&M	rSr	5'11	190	4	4.48
    136	*Cliff Harris	CB	18	Oregon	Jr	5'11	168	5	4.49
    139	*Josh Robinson	CB	19	UCF	Jr	5'10	192	5	4.47
    149	Mike Harris	CB	20	FSU	Sr	5'10	195	5	4.52
    153	Casey Hayward	CB	21	Vandy	Sr	5'11	188	5	4.53
    157	Donnie Fletcher	CB	22	BC	Sr	6'0	201	5	4.53
    169	Micah Pellerin	CB	23	Hampton	rSr	6'0	195	5	4.49

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

good. While we definitely need help at CB, I'm sick of going RB and CB early while neglecting the lines and linebackers.

I'd rather concentrate on fixing the pass rush and I'll live with a better pass rush helping out our current CB's/mid round pick for now.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Fleming or Menzie in the 4th would work. Fleming had some injury issues last year but when healthy I liked, and has size.

If they want to roll the dice they can take C. Harris. Top talent but off the field issues.

Comment

• CleveSteve
          • Apr 2011

I could see Leonard Johnson falling to the third. Played the game of his life against Justin Blackmon, but doesn't have really good speed. Could fall after the combine.

I think Josh Norman will end up getting drafted in the second.

Bentley is interesting... he is definitely feisty but he was committing PI or holding on almost every 1-on-1 at the senior bowl.

I've heard people (not important people, just random draftniks) say good things about Judie, but I haven't watched A&M much and never noticed him.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by k-oneputt
            Fleming or Menzie in the 4th would work. Fleming had some injury issues last year but when healthy I liked, and has size.

If they want to roll the dice they can take C. Harris. Top talent but off the field issues.
            I see Harris is listed at 168lbs. That sounds too light for my liking.

Comment

• ThunderGun
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37
              good. While we definitely need help at CB, I'm sick of going RB and CB early while neglecting the lines and linebackers.

I'd rather concentrate on fixing the pass rush and I'll live with a better pass rush helping out our current CB's/mid round pick for now.
              I agree 100%.

With a decent pass rush, our current CB's wouldn't look so bad. We could always use some fresh bodies in the secondary, so they'll definitely draft a CB or two....but I'd rather spend the premium picks on the front 7.

Comment

• ThunderGun
                • Dec 2011

Who do you guys think our starting cbs will be to start the season? Drayton and Williams? With McKelvin or Rodgers as our 3?

I love McGee. He's one of my favorite all-time bills, and has always been underrated. But I have to believe that, given his age and inability to stay healthy, he won't be back this year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

The four small school guys are all very good; Trumaine Johnson, Josh Norman, Micah Pellerin, and Ryan Steed. I have reports on all of them in the Scouting Report thread in the Scouting Zone.

They havent updated these rankings much if Hayward makes it to Round 2 they should take him. Fletcher is a combine snub with good size.

Cliff Harris is a wildcard option.
                  Last edited by DraftBoy; 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• CleveSteve
                    • Apr 2011

The list that I posted was updated on 2/15. They used to have him higher, actually.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CleveSteve
                      The list that I posted was updated on 2/15. They used to have him higher, actually.
                      Odd...I wonder what they are seeing in Hayward's tape to drop him that far. Ill have to ask one of those guys about that.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• CleveSteve
                        • Apr 2011

Yeah, I don't agree with all their ratings either. But who the hell am I, anyway? Heyward was going around #20 overall in pre-season mock drafts (which are almost always laughable by the end of the season) and I see him more of a mid-third to fourth guy, not an end of the fifth.

They also have Alameda Ta-amu rated something like #104. I guess the argument could be made that he was a DT that let Baylor run for 500 yards in the bowl game, mostly up the middle. But he was really dominant at the senior bowl in team drills and that's usually a pretty good gauge for linemen.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37

This
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days
                            I see Harris is listed at 168lbs. That sounds too light for my liking.
                            Roscoe lives!
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ThunderGun
                              Who do you guys think our starting cbs will be to start the season? Drayton and Williams? With McKelvin or Rodgers as our 3?

I love McGee. He's one of my favorite all-time bills, and has always been underrated. But I have to believe that, given his age and inability to stay healthy, he won't be back this year.
                              I think Aaron Williams is likely to be one of the starters and the other will either be a free agent or McGee. I actually think Florence is more likely to get cut then McGee. Cutting Florence would save about 3.5 million and add about a million in dead cap space. Cutting McGee would only save about 2.4 million or less, but would add about 4 million of dead cap space. Nix spoke highly of McGee in his press conference and I believe he's the better player when healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X