PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills get no help at DE in FA......

alohabillsfan
02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Would you use the pick at 10 for a Defensive end? If so, who would you take? PS.. For arguments sake, lets just say Coples is gone....

T-Long
02-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I would...Melvin Ingram could step right in Day 1 as the pass rusher we need

CleveSteve
02-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Well, it depends on how the other picks go, but I would have to think they'd strongly consider Upshaw and Mercilus, especially if Kirkpatrick is also gone. I think Kirkpatrick and Coples will both be there when they draft, though.

alohabillsfan
02-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I wouldnt mind if they went (1) DE Ingram, South Carolina and (2) DE Branch, Clemson. Two young bookends.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
upshaw-1
ch. jones -2

HopefulBillsFan
02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
upshaw or ingram

tampabay25690
02-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I think the Bills are going DE in FA.......
But if they don't Ingram, Upshaw are all options.
Wouldn't surprise me if we grab 1 of the top OT at #10 IMO.......

Cali512
02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
This is a stupid thread. No **** we take one if we dont in FA first off. And second off, what the hell else would we take!? An OT? Theres only one that i believe is top ten material and hell be gone by 5! Id be pissed if we just take one at 10 and dont in the 2nd-3rd, or FA!

Cali512
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
And player- Chandler Jones-Upshaw. I love Jones tho bc he reminds me of JPP

NOT THE DUDE...
02-17-2012, 02:57 PM
And player- Chandler Jones-Upshaw. I love Jones tho bc he reminds me of JPP

yeah, upshaw for me would start day one and be what merriman was supposed to be last year.

im really hoping jones makes it to rd 2...

mikemac2001
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Our interior DL is solid, but if we could add a pass rushing end i could see them doing some damage

Night Train
02-17-2012, 03:32 PM
One thought ( and it's only mine ) is a DT, with Dareus bouncing back outside. I noticed 3 DT's were being picked in various mock drafts right around the Bills slot, while Coples was the only true DE rated that high.

Other OLB/DE pass rush are in the mix, along with OT... but we'll see. I know what Wanny said yesterday but everyone talks crap this time of year.

better days
02-18-2012, 09:01 AM
One thought ( and it's only mine ) is a DT, with Dareus bouncing back outside. I noticed 3 DT's were being picked in various mock drafts right around the Bills slot, while Coples was the only true DE rated that high.

Other OLB/DE pass rush are in the mix, along with OT... but we'll see. I know what Wanny said yesterday but everyone talks crap this time of year.

If the Bills draft a DT & move Dareus back outside, NOBODY could run on the Bills..........but they would still need to find a pass rush.

Luisito23
02-18-2012, 09:11 AM
If the Bills draft a DT & move Dareus back outside, NOBODY could run on the Bills.

Wishful thinking, but I really doubt that would happen....

Our biggest weakness for years has been stopping the run, and there's not one DT that we will have a shot at that will make that kind of an impact.

better days
02-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Wishful thinking, but I really doubt that would happen....

Our biggest weakness for years has been stopping the run, and there's not one DT that we will have a shot at that will make that kind of an impact.

Actually I have read in a few places there are more GOOD DTs available in this draft than DEs. At #10, I'm sure one of them would be there for Buffalo to pick.

Like I said, with another stud DT along with Williams & Dareus at DE NOBODY could run on the Bills. The problem is they would still need to find somebody to rush the passer with regularity.

Night Train
02-18-2012, 10:08 AM
If the Bills draft a DT & move Dareus back outside, NOBODY could run on the Bills..........but they would still need to find a pass rush.
Agreed but I'm thinking the Bills see OLB's as their primary pass rushers, since it's easy to move them around.

DE's can be chipped pretty quickly in calls by the OL. OLB's are impossible to be accounted for, if moved around.

YardRat
02-18-2012, 11:47 AM
We can find a pass-rushing DE in round two in this draft, so there is no need to 'reach'.

Take the best available player on the board regardless of position, but hopefully it's an OLB, DE or CB.

better days
02-18-2012, 12:10 PM
We can find a pass-rushing DE in round two in this draft, so there is no need to 'reach'.

Take the best available player on the board regardless of position, but hopefully it's an OLB, DE or CB.

Well, Upshaw may not be the best pass rusher in the draft, but IMO he would be a great pick at 10 & like you say draft a pass rusher in rnd 2. The more I hear about Ingram, the more I like him as well & he can rush the passer.

ParanoidAndroid
02-18-2012, 01:13 PM
The good news for the bills is that there are solid, athletic linebackers deep into this draft. The bad news is that the true pass-rushing DE's are a bit scattered around just outside of where the Bills draft, value-wise. You have Coples and then a bit of a gap, but then that next group is gone by the time they pick in round 2. This may be another year the Bills trade back into round 1, but then they loose opportunities to get those LB's who are available. Catch-22.

better days
02-18-2012, 01:24 PM
The good news for the bills is that there are solid, athletic linebackers deep into this draft. The bad news is that the true pass-rushing DE's are a bit scattered around just outside of where the Bills draft, value-wise. You have Coples and then a bit of a gap, but then that next group is gone by the time they pick in round 2. This may be another year the Bills trade back into round 1, but then they loose opportunities to get those LB's who are available. Catch-22.

Good point. I would rather see them trade back up into rnd 1 if there is a GOOD pass rusher there to be had than get a LB in the 2nd myself.

jamze132
02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I would...Melvin Ingram could step right in Day 1 as the pass rusher we need
I doubt he'll be around at #10 but I wouldn't think twice if he was available.

better days
02-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I doubt he'll be around at #10 but I wouldn't think twice if he was available.

Well, if Ingram is gone before 10 that means another GOOD player will still be there at 10 to be had.

The Jokeman
02-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I think the Bills are going DE in FA.......
But if they don't Ingram, Upshaw are all options.
Wouldn't surprise me if we grab 1 of the top OT at #10 IMO.......
The issue is there are very few big "name" DE through free agency. As we know about Mario Williams, Robert Mathis and Cliff Avril. After that there are guys like John Abraham (who to me is more of a 3-4 OLB) and Carlais Campbell (better suited for a 3-4). Other than that I don't see any guys that could say could get to the QB on a consistant basis. So that's why feel Ingram (as feel Coples be long gone) is our best option if don't trade down or take a LT. Yet the only way I take a LT in Round 1 is if we let Bell walk in UFA.

better days
02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
The issue is there are very few big "name" DE through free agency. As we know about Mario Williams, Robert Mathis and Cliff Avril. After that there are guys like John Abraham (who to me is more of a 3-4 OLB) and Carlais Campbell (better suited for a 3-4). Other than that I don't see any guys that could say could get to the QB on a consistant basis. So that's why feel Ingram (as feel Coples be long gone) is our best option if don't trade down or take a LT. Yet the only way I take a LT in Round 1 is if we let Bell walk in UFA.

Even if Bell leaves in FA, I would not take an OT in rnd 1. We NEED somebody to rush the passer #1 & DL, LBs, CBs before the OL IMO.

jamze132
02-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Well, if Ingram is gone before 10 that means another GOOD player will still be there at 10 to be had.
Upshaw.