PDA

View Full Version : Where does Moats fit?

justasportsfan
02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
“We briefly talked and mainly he told me what position I’d be looking towards. It’ll be more on the outside,” said Moats. ”When I talked to him it was more in the direction of strong side linebacker. It’s pretty similar to what we were doing (last year) just out of a different alignment. Overall it’s a new experience for me and I’ll be taking it on head first.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/02/17/where-does-moats-fit/

Carrington optimistic about ‘D’

Carrington, who played DE in a 4-3 at Arkansas State, had 21.5 sacks in his college career. He spoke to defensive coordinator Dave Wannstedt recently, but didn’t get too many specifics on where he’ll be lining up.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/02/17/carrington-optimistic-about-d/

Cali512
02-17-2012, 02:40 PM
I like that we look to be keeping both. Moats is a great great player thats never used. I focussed on him last year, everytime he is in the game, he gets to the QB. Its amazing that he playes like 25 snaps a year it seems and still manages to get pressure most of the time

justasportsfan
02-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Moats is a great great player thats never used.

that sounds more like hope rather than fact.

Bangarang
02-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I like that we look to be keeping both. Moats is a great great player thats never used. I focussed on him last year, everytime he is in the game, he gets to the QB. Its amazing that he playes like 25 snaps a year it seems and still manages to get pressure most of the time

Moats is not a great player. Not even close.

Night Train
02-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I think it would be fair to say Carrington & Moats are in the mix but the Bills need to add to that Front 7 mix early and often on Draft weekend.

Better safe than sorry. The D must improve if we ever expect to compete.

methos4ever
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
IF they used Moats like Denver used Miller, a Sam that rushes a lot but does minimal coverage type things maybe. I have more hope that Carrington loses ten pounds and rushes a bit more.

Cali512
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Wow has anyone even watched moats play? Everytime hes started hes gotten consistant pressure.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Wow has anyone even watched moats play? Everytime hes started hes gotten consistant pressure.
Moats gets one or two high-profile sacks a year then is invisible for the rest of the season. Hardly what I consider "consistent."

DraftBoy
02-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Im not at all a fan of Moats as a stand up in the 43...even if all he has to do is rush.

DraftBoy
02-19-2012, 10:03 AM
IF they used Moats like Denver used Miller, a Sam that rushes a lot but does minimal coverage type things maybe. I have more hope that Carrington loses ten pounds and rushes a bit more.

Important to note the massive difference in athleticism between Miller and Moats obviously. So basically he'll be a backup to Barnett on the Weakside?

When will he play? You can't have him cover and unless you're going to shift Barnett to strong side in 3rd and pass and let him take the TE, or commit a SAF to the TE.

YardRat
02-19-2012, 10:40 AM
If Moats is going to spend all of his time on the outside the only way he secures a roster spot is if we don't pick up any LBers in FA or the draft, or somebody blows a knee before the final cut.

THATHURMANATOR
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah I go to every game and have watched every game since I was a little kid.

Moats is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated around here for some reason. I don't mind him but he is nothing special. He does NOT get consistent pressure.

Historian
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Cleveland.