PDA

View Full Version : New Mock 3.0

T-Long
02-17-2012, 06:02 PM
As usual, I have the even picks. Let me know your thoughts...

Mock 3.0 (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/313866/2012-NFL-Mock-Draft-Pre-Combine-Edition-)

YardRat
02-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Hairston was a fourth rounder, I believe.

tampabay25690
02-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Nicely done.
I like the Bills pick, Im starting to like Ingram more and more....
I think Upshaw goes earlier just because he can be used in a few different ways.

clumping platelets
02-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Any chance we could move down a few spots and still get him?

bigbub2352
02-17-2012, 10:35 PM
who do u think the better pass rusher is ingram or upshaw?

TigerJ
02-17-2012, 10:56 PM
I'll have to look at it when I'm at work. With dial-up at home, I don't bother with slide shows. It takes forever for pages to load.

From the other replies, I dan tell Ingram is Buffalo's pick. I assume Coples is gone already. If Buffalo goes pass rusher, Ingram is the next most likely pick after Coples (if both are available), but he's got to have some special numbers in the 40 splits at the combine to maintain that second place ranking among pass rushing defensive ends. If he runs a 4.8 40 he can forget going in the top half of the first round.

better days
02-18-2012, 08:50 AM
If Coples & Upshaw are both gone when the Bills pick, I would be very happy with Ingram.

ParanoidAndroid
02-18-2012, 09:29 AM
FYI.... the reason Crick has slipped is because he was injured in September and did not return. He needed to have a strong season to prove first round status and eveyone thought he would but never got the chance.

T-Long
02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Any chance we could move down a few spots and still get him?
I think so...but I think Ingram's stock is going to rise following the combine and his workouts. So if he is there at 10, even if Upshaw is still on the board, I could def. see Nix leaning towards him; especially with the permanent 4-3 switch.

T-Long
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Following the season, I would have said Upshaw hands down. But that's because I hadn't seen much film on Ingram. Upshaw was also a disappointment at the Senior Bowl game in my opinion. Now that the Bills are going to be strictly a 4-3 I see Ingram being the best fit. Both can rush the passer, but I like Ingram's ability to score on defense (has 3 career touchdowns) and had 21.5 sacks. Upshaw had 17.5 sacks (in the SEC mind you) and 2 career TDs. Check out the film and see which one you like better...would love to hear your opinion on them.

T-Long
02-18-2012, 10:42 AM
FYI.... the reason Crick has slipped is because he was injured in September and did not return. He needed to have a strong season to prove first round status and eveyone thought he would but never got the chance.
I only did the even picks, but point well taken.

TedMock
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Good job TL. I love Kendall Wright. I think he's underrated because of RG3, but he absolutely bailed out the QB a few times. Not bad mouthing RG3. I really like him. Just saying. The only two picks I do not like are Alshon Jeffrey and Vontaze Burfict. Just my opinion (and I know it won't be the popular one here), but I feel both are a bit overrated and should be 2nd rounders.

tampabay25690
02-18-2012, 09:58 PM

WOW great ???
Both similar styles, Ingram did get more sacks last year but to me that means nothing.
Probably Ingram but I think Upshaw is the better overall player.

CleveSteve
02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Upshaw is the better pass rusher and the better player. Ingrams numbers are what they are because he plays end on the best 4-3 DL in college football. Yes, I know Alabama's defense was the best in the nation, but the front four that SC put out there this year is unmatched. I was just watching SC v. Nebraska in the Capital One bowl yesterday (thanks ESPN 3D) and Ingram was not very active. Also, he played LE this year with Clowney on the right side. He was going up against the less-athletic/talented tackle all year while Upshaw played mainly on the right side.

You could see in the Senior Bowl that Ingram is limited. When he would line up against the less-talented tackles in one-on-ones, he'd beat them easily. Then when he would line up against Cordy Glenn, Glenn would get his hands on him and it would be over. Upshaw is much better at getting the tackles' hands off of him and getting to the QB.