PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe

Typ0
09-09-2002, 07:32 PM
With everything you take the good with the bad. Sure he threw a couple int's and there were several other balls he should not have thrown. He also marched us down to score a TD after the JESTS for some reason tried to block a punt when they only needed to down the ball. The best thing I saw from Drew yesterday was throwing a block to stop a big loss. It's hard to win games in the NFL but we are going to try like hell and that is a much needed improvement.

Valerie
09-09-2002, 07:36 PM
I thought Drew looked pretty good on Sunday. :up: No one's perfect but he got the job done. If our Special Teams didn't suck so bad, I think we had that game in the bag. It was a heartbreaking loss. :wail:

Typ0
09-09-2002, 07:39 PM
We beat them up and down the field. Unfortunately we blew it. I did see the highlights and the Jets return game is excellent. We weren't just making them look good it was a combination of our failure to step and their executing well. They are very over-rated though. Their run defense has not improved at all. Vinny is old and as good as ever...not very good.

JefftheBillsfan
09-09-2002, 07:39 PM
i thought he played pretty good...not great like everyone was saying on the radio though. IMO...he should of had 4 INTS...1 moulds broke up, and another that he threw into double coverage...but he sure had some great plays too...the block...the bomb to moulds (although if he throws it another 5 yards...moulds is gone), and how about the throw where he was literally all wrapped up and he rifeled it...i think to price! that was awesome!

Valerie
09-09-2002, 07:51 PM
Who do you think the player of the game was? I thought Travis Henry was awesome! :up:

Typ0
09-09-2002, 08:08 PM
Definately Henry.

Captain gameboy
09-09-2002, 08:28 PM
Agree on Henry, but with Bledsoe's ability, Henry may prove the be the biggest beneficiary. The Bills have the ability to stretch defenses now with good WR's, and a QB who can get it there. Henry should see less defenders in the box, and those that are will be a bit deeper. A good QB effects a lot of things, some indirectly.

venis2k1
09-09-2002, 08:37 PM
Henry for gameball, but those INT's were moulds fault, he broke the pattern.

Gunzlingr
09-09-2002, 09:49 PM
Anybody have a photo of the block? I have heard about it but haven't seen it yet.

Sabre Ally
09-10-2002, 12:57 AM
I WISH someone had a photo of the block........it was totally awesome!

SoCalBillsFan
09-10-2002, 01:05 AM
THe fact is, drew played solidly. Maybe not great, but solidly. He gives us stability. I loved that comeback drive.

timfromjersey
09-10-2002, 01:46 AM
I believe you are all slightly underestimating Bledsoes play Sunday. There were many, many more postitives than negatives for Bledsoe in that game, his first real game with these players, I might add. I don't feel like listing them all at this late hour, so I will give you just one example. Look at the game he got out of Peerless Price. The first touchdown was set up on an incredible throw to Price of maybe 15 to 20 yards up the middle just short of the goal line, where Price, tightly covered, recieved the bullet on the left shoulder side, the side opposit the defender. It was a damn tuff catch and price made it. To me that was one of the most stand out plays that is still sticking in my mind and thoroughly impressed me that day.

venis2k1
09-10-2002, 01:52 AM
I still say he held on to the ball a little too long.

LABillsFan
09-10-2002, 03:13 AM
Greatness comes from risk taking. The bigger the risk the bigger the payoff. Favre has it, Montana had it, Namith had it, Elway, Marino and Jimbo all had it. Drew has it too.

timfromjersey
09-10-2002, 07:33 AM
Yeah, he held on to the ball, so what. The whole dynamics of the situation was different in Drews case than as compared to Rob Johnson. Drew held the ball because he had patience and faith. Patience to wait for an open reciever, faith that one would get open, (even if it was just slightly open,) faith he could deliver the ball, faith that the reciever would make the tuff catch, faith tha the O-line could protect him long enough.

While it maybe can be said that both Rob and Bledsoe hold onto the ball a long time in the pocket, they are linear opposites. Johnson never trusted a reciever to make the play unless he was open by three or more strides. Just look at the production Bledsoe had on third and fouth downs in crucial situations while holding onto the ball, meaning it payed off. Rob seemed to just get sacked in those same situations.

I just believe that because Bledsoe has never had this kind of quality reciever corp before, he is primed for a career year, with better things to come for us Bill's fans.

Valerie
09-10-2002, 07:43 AM
I wish I could see a replay of the block that Drew had. It was great!! I like a quarterback who's willing to give 100% and make a play when necessary. Wasn't it Moorman who tackled a guy last year?