• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Report: Vikings have preliminary stadium deal

The Minnesota Vikings have reached a preliminary agreement with Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota on a new stadium, according to a report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

If this pans out, it's bad news for Buffalo because it puts us one step closer to the top of the list of candidates to move to LA.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Report: Vikings have preliminary stadium deal

Originally posted by OpIv37
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...eement-stadium

If this pans out, it's bad news for Buffalo because it puts us one step closer to the top of the list of candidates to move to LA.

**** that move the jags

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

As much as I'd love to see the Bills stay in Western NY, if they have to move, I'd be absolutely thrilled to hear they moved out here to California... with them being closer, it would make me being able to see them soooo much more easy.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I am not worried about Buffalo moving

I, however would like to say that Minnesota Viking fans deserve to keep their team, and I am happy for them

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
          As much as I'd love to see the Bills stay in Western NY, if they have to move, I'd be absolutely thrilled to hear they moved out here to California... with them being closer, it would make me being able to see them soooo much more easy.
          how could you root for the team after it moves. They are the Bills because they are from buffalo, if they move ot LA, they would change the name and it would never be the Bills again.

Even if they did keep the name it still wouldn't be the Bills. if a move to California is all you need, then become a Chargers, Raiders or 49'ers fan, it would be the exact same thing

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
            **** that move the jags
            the Jags don't have the fan base we do. That's obvious.

But they also have a brutal stadium lease that is very expensive to break.

The Bills currently have no stadium lease after this season.

For a potential investor who would want to move the team, that makes us much more appealing.

Again, I'm not saying it's going to happen. Ralph has said he won't sell the team while he's alive, there's still time to get a lease done, and a new owner won't necessarily want to move the team. But if it were my money on the line and I didn't have any emotional attachment to a team as a fan, I'd certainly be taking a long, hard look at the Bills.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jaydog57
              Pretty cool for a Fin Fan.
              • Oct 2002

the Jags don't have the fan base we do. That's obvious.

But they also have a brutal stadium lease that is very expensive to break.

The Bills currently have no stadium lease after this season.

For a potential investor who would want to move the team, that makes us much more appealing.

Again, I'm not saying it's going to happen. Ralph has said he won't sell the team while he's alive, there's still time to get a lease done, and a new owner won't necessarily want to move the team. But if it were my money on the line and I didn't have any emotional attachment to a team as a fan, I'd certainly be taking a long, hard look at the Bills.
              I heard about that, but I thought the lease was able to be broken upon change of ownership. Maybe not, though.
              "There ought to be a room in every house to swear in. It's dangerous to have to repress an emotion like that." - Mark Twain

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

The Bills aren't moving out of WNY, period.

No lease is unbreachable, it's just a matter of negotiating the right buy-out for the right dollar amount in the city's eyes. Considering that naming rights to the new LA stadium have been reported to be in the $700mil range, IMO it wouldn't be too difficult to pull off.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• more cowbell
                  • Apr 2006

I live in California too...I would hate the "Bills" more than any team in Professional Sports if they moved from Buffalo.
                  The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    how could you root for the team after it moves. They are the Bills because they are from buffalo, if they move ot LA, they would change the name and it would never be the Bills again.

Even if they did keep the name it still wouldn't be the Bills. if a move to California is all you need, then become a Chargers, Raiders or 49'ers fan, it would be the exact same thing
                    Well said.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jaydog57
                      I heard about that, but I thought the lease was able to be broken upon change of ownership. Maybe not, though.
                      The amount to break that lease becomes less every year. It looks like the moves the new owner of the Jags is making is putting them in position to move.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Eh... They wouldn't be the Bills. They wouldn't be from Buffalo.

How many Ravens fans live in Cleveland?

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jamze132
                          Eh... They wouldn't be the Bills. They wouldn't be from Buffalo.

How many Ravens fans live in Cleveland?
                          If the Bills ever moved they would no more be the Bills than the LA Clippers are the Buffalo Braves.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...eement-stadium

No it doesn't.

San Diego, Oakland, St. Louis & Jacksonville are the teams always mentioned as most likely.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

I know they wouldn't be the Bills any more, but that would still be my team if they moved closer to me - if they move to canada, IDK if I could be a whore for a canadian football team.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X