PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Would Like To Re-Sign Kirk Morrison

YardRat
02-19-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/2/19/2809603/buffalo-bills-kirk-morrison-dave-wannstedt

"What’s going to be interesting is with the defense switching to the 4-3 I think he’s going to be a consideration for the strong side linebacker position. Talking to Coach Wannstedt he did express a desire to get Morrison re-signed. I think he’s capable of backing up Sheppard in the middle while also competing for a starting role at SLB."

Morrison played the middle linebacker spot as a member of the Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars. He has never played the outside linebacker position in the NFL.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
probably a good idea... need depth at mlb... i personally think we get wheeler for olb

tampabay25690
02-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Knows the team, leader on and off the field and probably get him for a good rate.
Train Shepperd and the younger guys....
I like that.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
if they resign kirk we would be set at mlb. we would need a wlb in the early to mid rds to backup barnett... we also need a starter at slb...

better days
02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Knows the team, leader on and off the field and probably get him for a good rate.
Train Shepperd and the younger guys....
I like that.

Even though he was running on empty, Bucs such as Sapp & Brooks credit Hardy Nickerson & his leadership for helping them become the players they became. Brooks said he showed us what it takes to be a PRO. The work that must be put in.

tampabay25690
02-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Even though he was running on empty, Bucs such as Sapp & Brooks credit Hardy Nickerson & his leadership for helping them become the players they became. Brooks said he showed us what it takes to be a PRO. The work that must be put in.

Hey older Vets are great coaches too...

The Jokeman
02-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey older Vets are great coaches too...
As long as they can still play I don't mind having a vet "coach on the field" yet as we learned from Eddie (duked by Chad Pennington) Robinson sometimes age catches up with talent and it's better looking elsewhere. Keep Morrison for depth/veteran leadership but hope we don't have to start him for more than 1 or 2 games.

Oaf
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Bring back Fletch.

The Jokeman
02-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Bring back Fletch.
If Fletch was 10 years younger I'd love to have him back.

Mahdi
02-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Kirk Morrison was a good LB in Oakland and Jacksonville but never really had a solid interior DL in front of him.

With KW and Dareus eating up blocks Morrison can have a real big impact. He's not a downhill MLB or a thumper but he gets sideline to sideline real well and gets in on a lot of tackles.

Also decent in coverage.

jamze132
02-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Why not resign him? He's had success before and it fills a hole.